ayla: Necro is God-Like he's so pretty.

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 15
About Me

Posted 10 August 2006 - 06:33 PM

QUOTE(Independent Thinker @ Aug 10 2006, 08:25 PM) View Post

QUOTE(Spotted Dick @ Aug 10 2006, 02:43 PM) View Post

(written while slamming a: mixed berries, apple and broccoli shake.)

LOL... that's great! haha Chewing is definitely a good thing, as it helps to pre-digest your food. That's one of the reasons they say it's good to eat slowly. Glad you're liking the smoothies!

QUOTE(Annaa @ Aug 10 2006, 05:58 PM) View Post

Ooh I wouldn´t mind having you as a brother I. T.! Making all those delicious smoothies!! ...now I´m optemist again!!!

So what are you going to do in the future when you travell somewhere?

Well, I'd have to be your sister instead your brother. wink.gif haha I'm glad you're excited about them again! Yes... traveling is a big concern of mine!! If I were to go away for say, two weeks, I guess I'd find a smoothie cafe, buy some greens and ask them to add the greens to my smoothie (all the while expecting very odd looks from the employees, haha). Either that or I could stay somewhere that has a kitchenette and a blender (or maybe just bring a small, miniature blender or something... I think I've seen those). Your English is very good, by the way! I hadn't suspected even once that it wasn't your first language!

Has anyone tried drinking egg beaters instead of wasting time and cooking eggs?

eusa_think.gif

#62 Guest_ThereIsHope_*

Guest_ThereIsHope_*
  • Guests
  • Posts & Likes

Posted 11 August 2006 - 07:11 AM

I am now addicted to these smoothies. biggrin.gif

Today I made it the same as my first one, but I used less spinach and added a whole bunch of fresh shredded cabbage, used more cinnamon, and didn't use any honey at all and it was even BETTER than the first one! YUM!

#63 preciosa82

preciosa82

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 August 2006 - 10:18 AM

You should try wheatgrass juice. Its full of chlorophyll and helps with blemishes a lot. Its better to buy seeds and grow it yourself. Then juice it and incorporate it into your smoothies.

#64 Annaa

Annaa

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 August 2006 - 11:52 AM

Well, I'd have to be your sister instead your brother. haha I'm glad you're excited about them again! Yes... traveling is a big concern of mine!! If I were to go away for say, two weeks, I guess I'd find a smoothie cafe, buy some greens and ask them to add the greens to my smoothie (all the while expecting very odd looks from the employees, haha). Either that or I could stay somewhere that has a kitchenette and a blender (or maybe just bring a small, miniature blender or something... I think I've seen those). Your English is very good, by the way! I hadn't suspected even once that it wasn't your first language!

Sister is just as good!! I have two of those. I wonder if they would like me two make smoothies for them. I guess I would have to learn to make them for my self first!
We don´t have those smoothie cafes here in Sweden yet. But I´ve seen them in the US and everything looks so delicious! Don´t thay sell that wheatgrass juice (Preciosa82?) in those places? Maby that could be a good substitute when travelling. I can really feel the looks your talking about!!

I can´t help thinking that one importent thing in all this is the chlorophyll. Because all those greens used in the smoothies (spinich, romane, wheatgrass, broccoli...) are dark green because of the chlorophyll. Well I don´t know....

Thank you I.T. for complimenting on my english! That made me real happy:)!! Even thogh I should be able to make some sentences after all those years of reading it in school....

#65 preciosa82

preciosa82

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 August 2006 - 11:58 AM

QUOTE(Annaa @ Aug 11 2006, 01:52 PM) View Post

Well, I'd have to be your sister instead your brother. haha I'm glad you're excited about them again! Yes... traveling is a big concern of mine!! If I were to go away for say, two weeks, I guess I'd find a smoothie cafe, buy some greens and ask them to add the greens to my smoothie (all the while expecting very odd looks from the employees, haha). Either that or I could stay somewhere that has a kitchenette and a blender (or maybe just bring a small, miniature blender or something... I think I've seen those). Your English is very good, by the way! I hadn't suspected even once that it wasn't your first language!

Sister is just as good!! I have two of those. I wonder if they would like me two make smoothies for them. I guess I would have to learn to make them for my self first!
We don´t have those smoothie cafes here in Sweden yet. But I´ve seen them in the US and everything looks so delicious! Don´t thay sell that wheatgrass juice (Preciosa82?) in those places? Maby that could be a good substitute when travelling. I can really feel the looks your talking about!!

I can´t help thinking that one importent thing in all this is the chlorophyll. Because all those greens used in the smoothies (spinich, romane, wheatgrass, broccoli...) are dark green because of the chlorophyll. Well I don´t know....

Thank you I.T. for complimenting on my english! That made me real happy:)!! Even thogh I should be able to make some sentences after all those years of reading it in school....

Anna- I think its better to grow the wheatgrass yourself and juice it yourself. This way <i>you</i> know what you're drinking. Plus wheatgrass is the most concentrated way of drinking chlorophyll. Read up on it.

#66 *`*~ABG Fairy~*`*

*`*~ABG Fairy~*`*

*`*~Acne Be Gone Fairy~*`*

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:I have a certificate in plant-based nutrition through eCornell and the T. Colin Campbell Foundation. I am very interested in nutrition and am a big believer in a mostly plant-based diet. I look forward to increasing my knowledge further as time goes by! :)

Posted 11 August 2006 - 12:08 PM

QUOTE(ThereIsHope @ Aug 11 2006, 08:11 AM) View Post

Yea!!!! That's so great! smile.gif I LOVE putting cinnamon in mine, and cinnamon has so many wonderful health benefits!

QUOTE(preciosa82 @ Aug 11 2006, 11:18 AM) View Post

You should try wheatgrass juice. Its full of chlorophyll and helps with blemishes a lot. Its better to buy seeds and grow it yourself. Then juice it and incorporate it into your smoothies.

Adding wheatgrass to smoothies would be great!! I will look into growing it! Thanks!

QUOTE(Annaa @ Aug 11 2006, 12:52 PM) View Post

Chlorophyll is a very important part of drinking the greens!! If you go to www.rawfamily.com, you can read more about them. Victoria Boutenko is who came up with the brilliant idea of green smoothies. If you click on articles, you can read her "Ode to Green Smoothies" article. Her book, "Green for Life" is all about the smoothies. Oh, and you DO make English sentences! Seriously, you write just like a native speaker would! smile.gif

#67 preciosa82

preciosa82

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 August 2006 - 12:20 PM

QUOTE(Independent Thinker @ Aug 11 2006, 02:08 PM) View Post

QUOTE(ThereIsHope @ Aug 11 2006, 08:11 AM) View Post

Yea!!!! That's so great! smile.gif I LOVE putting cinnamon in mine, and cinnamon has so many wonderful health benefits!

QUOTE(preciosa82 @ Aug 11 2006, 11:18 AM) View Post

Adding wheatgrass to smoothies would be great!! I will look into growing it! Thanks!

QUOTE(Annaa @ Aug 11 2006, 12:52 PM) View Post

Chlorophyll is a very important part of drinking the greens!! If you go to www.rawfamily.com, you can read more about them. Victoria Boutenko is who came up with the brilliant idea of green smoothies. If you click on articles, you can read her "Ode to Green Smoothies" article. Her book, "Green for Life" is all about the smoothies. Oh, and you DO make English sentences! Seriously, you write just like a native speaker would! smile.gif

I found this site about wheatgrass...............www.wheatgrasskits.com

#68 Guest_ThereIsHope_*

Guest_ThereIsHope_*
  • Guests
  • Posts & Likes

Posted 11 August 2006 - 12:47 PM

Hey independent thinker! You said in your first post that it wasn't good to do spinach smoothies every day because of "oxalates". What is that?

#69 *`*~ABG Fairy~*`*

*`*~ABG Fairy~*`*

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:I have a certificate in plant-based nutrition through eCornell and the T. Colin Campbell Foundation. I am very interested in nutrition and am a big believer in a mostly plant-based diet. I look forward to increasing my knowledge further as time goes by! :)

Posted 12 August 2006 - 02:51 PM

Thanks for the site Preciosa!

QUOTE(ThereIsHope @ Aug 11 2006, 01:47 PM) View Post

Hey independent thinker! You said in your first post that it wasn't good to do spinach smoothies every day because of "oxalates". What is that?

You can read about them here: www.whfoods.com Actually, I learned recently that all greens contain small amounts of different substances that's aren't healthy in high doses. For this reason, we need to alternate our greens. In the wild, chimpanzees don't eat just "one" type of green - they eat over 100 different varieties!

#70 5fiive5

5fiive5

hate acne everyday

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:surfing, biking along the beach, life

Posted 12 August 2006 - 06:05 PM

I used to drink that all the time. my acne was horrible. I'd have atleast 12-16 oz per day. Once i stopped drinking it so much it got a little better... probly cause all the sugar in it.

I've have also experimented with wheatgrass daily for four years--found it made no difference in my acne.. but was extremely healthy.

#71 *`*~ABG Fairy~*`*

*`*~ABG Fairy~*`*

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 August 2006 - 07:14 PM

QUOTE(5fiive5 @ Aug 12 2006, 07:05 PM) View Post

I used to drink that all the time. my acne was horrible. I'd have atleast 12-16 oz per day. Once i stopped drinking it so much it got a little better... probly cause all the sugar in it.

I've have also experimented with wheatgrass daily for four years--found it made no difference in my acne.. but was extremely healthy.

16 oz. a day really isn't enough to make a difference if you had horrible acne. Greens wouldn't make your acne worse, and the greens actually balance out the sugar of the fruits, so that shouldn't have been a problem either. It might be that you were drinking mostly fruit with only few greens. What did your smoothies consist of? Were you using vegetables, like broccoli, instead of greens?

Wheatgrass isn't good to do long term, just like with other greens. You need variety. Doing the wheatgrass long term might have been your problem. I'm surprised you were able to drink it everyday without getting naseous after a while. All greens have different types of low doses of alkaloids. Victoria Boutenko, the founder of green smoothies, talks of the dangers of doing too much of one green. It's important to rotate. With you, there must have been a third variable going on - I'm certain that greens would have helped and were not the problem, except that perhaps didn't have enough variety.

#72 handsbella

handsbella

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 August 2006 - 11:43 PM

QUOTE(preciosa82 @ Aug 11 2006, 10:18 AM) View Post

Hi, is it possible to plant the wheatgrass ourselves? Or it needs special thing to plant?
I have been hoping so much to plant it myself... I wonder is it possible or not???

#73 Annaa

Annaa

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 193
About Me

Posted 14 August 2006 - 05:49 PM

Chlorophyll is a very important part of drinking the greens!! If you go to www.rawfamily.com, you can read more about them. Victoria Boutenko is who came up with the brilliant idea of green smoothies. If you click on articles, you can read her "Ode to Green Smoothies" article. Her book, "Green for Life" is all about the smoothies. Oh, and you DO make English sentences! Seriously, you write just like a native speaker would!

I actually found that "Ode to green smoothies" a couple of days ago when I first read your post and googled on green smoothies. It was good! I really hope I can start doing them soon!

Have you noticed any other good "side effects" from the smoothies? Maby like lesser cramps during your period (sorry for beening personal but I have noticed that many of us girls with acne have problems during that time...I have)?

And had you tried a lot of stuff for your acne problem before the smoothies, that didn´t work?

My questions are never ending, I know... eusa_dance.gif

I´m so glad you think I write like a native!! But the spelling is hard. And sometimes I don´t write stuff because I can´t find the right words. I love to speak english, but I don´t get the chanse very often.

#74 *`*~ABG Fairy~*`*

*`*~ABG Fairy~*`*

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 14 August 2006 - 09:33 PM

QUOTE(Annaa @ Aug 14 2006, 06:49 PM) View Post

I actually found that "Ode to green smoothies" a couple of days ago when I first read your post and googled on green smoothies. It was good! I really hope I can start doing them soon!

Have you noticed any other good "side effects" from the smoothies?

And had you tried a lot of stuff for your acne problem before the smoothies, that didn´t work?

I´m so glad you think I write like a native!! But the spelling is hard. And sometimes I don´t write stuff because I can´t find the right words. I love to speak english, but I don´t get the chanse very often.

Hi Annaa! Glad you find the article, and I hope you can start doing them soon too! smile.gif

I hate to disappoint you by saying I haven't really noticed other good side effects, because so many people do. I do think my sense of well-being has increased though - greens are very calming and are a great brain food. I actually think I haven't been using enough greens or enough variety. I'm hoping that by using more greens in my smoothies and more varieties (besides just spring mix, romaine and spinach) that maybe I'll start noticing some other changes. A lot of people experience a big increase in energy, and that would be great! Not breaking out though is just so fabulous and a good enough reason for me to want to continue them (and of course knowing that they are full of nutrition that my body needs anyway), because when my blemishes started leaving behind scars, I was really concerned what my skin would look like after a while, as I had always had beautiful skin. For about a year, I tried several different skin care lines - nothing helped until I started drinking a quart of green smoothie everyday (took about 6 weeks to clear the scar causing blemishes). I do occasionally get a blemish here and there, but they're small and go away quickly. I will always be so thankful that I was so blessed in being shown the green smoothies. I prayed that God would give me the knowledge I needed to get myself over the acne, and within a week, I learned about the smoothies. What a wonderful day that was! hehe smile.gif

Keep using your English!! Your spelling is definitely good enough - almost perfect in fact, and I think you get across what you want to say just fine!! You should consider yourself fluent. smile.gif

#75 Spotted Dick

Spotted Dick

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 August 2006 - 08:13 AM

Adding fat seems to be VERY important for absorbing all "the good stuff" in vegetables and fruits:

http://online.wsj.co...MjkxOTIyWj.html

Im going to try with 2 tablespoons of olive oil and see how that goes.

#76 answerme

answerme

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 August 2006 - 10:47 AM

i just started making one. considering independent_thinker's 6-wk green smoothie challenge at pioneer thinking discussion board, im 2-day late already and my first smoothie isnt so perfect. my "frozen fruit" isn't frozen, less than a cup, and like the pear that i also put in (with the washington apple), isn't ripe yet. also, the romaine lettuce i added is like a week-old already from the fridge! haha! so i added 4 cubes of ice and a few teaspoons of honey! biggrin.gif (and some cinnamon too!)

my green smoothie looks fitting for a christmas theme actually, coz of the red bits from the apple peel mixed in the green puree! lol.gif (it's 12 midnight and just felt too lazy already to peel it, i also wanted to get the fiber from the peel.) but it tastes like a normal fruit shake. biggrin.gif

anyway, thanks IT for sharing this! it's my first time to try it and i loved it! count me in to your challenge! eusa_dance.gif

#77 Guest_ThereIsHope_*

Guest_ThereIsHope_*
  • Guests
  • Posts & Likes

Posted 15 August 2006 - 01:37 PM

Adding fat seems to be VERY important for absorbing all "the good stuff" in vegetables and fruits:

http://online.wsj.co...MjkxOTIyWj.html

Im going to try with 2 tablespoons of olive oil and see how that goes

ooohhh good idea! I add some organic peanut butter and some organic low fat yogurt in mine, and its DELICIOUS! Try it sometime! biggrin.gif

#78 *`*~ABG Fairy~*`*

*`*~ABG Fairy~*`*

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 August 2006 - 09:28 PM

QUOTE(answerme @ Aug 15 2006, 11:47 AM) View Post

i just started making one. considering independent_thinker's 6-wk green smoothie challenge at pioneer thinking discussion board, im 2-day late already and my first smoothie isnt so perfect. my "frozen fruit" isn't frozen, less than a cup, and like the pear that i also put in (with the washington apple), isn't ripe yet. also, the romaine lettuce i added is like a week-old already from the fridge! haha! so i added 4 cubes of ice and a few teaspoons of honey! biggrin.gif (and some cinnamon too!)

my green smoothie looks fitting for a christmas theme actually, coz of the red bits from the apple peel mixed in the green puree! lol.gif (it's 12 midnight and just felt too lazy already to peel it, i also wanted to get the fiber from the peel.) but it tastes like a normal fruit shake. biggrin.gif

anyway, thanks IT for sharing this! it's my first time to try it and i loved it! count me in to your challenge! eusa_dance.gif

LOL.... you're totally cracking me up!!!! haha Love the humor you found in making your smoothie. heheh I'm really glad you liked it and are going to join the challenge!! Keep me posted on how you're doing! smile.gif

QUOTE(ThereIsHope @ Aug 15 2006, 02:37 PM) View Post

ooohhh good idea! I add some organic peanut butter and some organic low fat yogurt in mine, and its DELICIOUS! Try it sometime! biggrin.gif

I just might have to try this... does sound awfully good. smile.gif

#79 alina

alina

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 August 2006 - 10:39 PM

hey guysss.... I have started green smoothies for the past three fays, and I am breaking out a little moire, like little red pimples in odd places where I usually never break out....does your acne initially get worse before better? or maybe I am allergic to something in my smoothie? I use, a pear, romaine lettuce, spinach, kale, cantaloupe, and water. Sometimes I add celery and cucumbers. Please let me know what kind of progress happens when! TIA!!! <3 alina

#80 Attack of da ACNE MONSTER! : (

Attack of da ACNE MONSTER! : (

~Kountdwn2Klear~

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 August 2006 - 11:06 PM

[color=#33CC00] WOW...great idea with the Green Smoothies...gonna have to try that...good for u 2!! i dig it...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users