Posted 14 August 2006 - 09:33 PM
QUOTE(Annaa @ Aug 14 2006, 06:49 PM)
I actually found that "Ode to green smoothies" a couple of days ago when I first read your post and googled on green smoothies. It was good! I really hope I can start doing them soon!
Have you noticed any other good "side effects" from the smoothies?
And had you tried a lot of stuff for your acne problem before the smoothies, that didnÃ‚Â´t work?
IÃ‚Â´m so glad you think I write like a native!! But the spelling is hard. And sometimes I donÃ‚Â´t write stuff because I canÃ‚Â´t find the right words. I love to speak english, but I donÃ‚Â´t get the chanse very often.
Hi Annaa! Glad you find the article, and I hope you can start doing them soon too!
I hate to disappoint you by saying I haven't really noticed other good side effects, because so many people do. I do think my sense of well-being has increased though - greens are very calming and are a great brain food. I actually think I haven't been using enough greens or enough variety. I'm hoping that by using more greens in my smoothies and more varieties (besides just spring mix, romaine and spinach) that maybe I'll start noticing some other changes. A lot of people experience a big increase in energy, and that would be great! Not breaking out though is just so fabulous and a good enough reason for me to want to continue them (and of course knowing that they are full of nutrition that my body needs anyway), because when my blemishes started leaving behind scars, I was really concerned what my skin would look like after a while, as I had always had beautiful skin. For about a year, I tried several different skin care lines - nothing helped until I started drinking a quart of green smoothie everyday (took about 6 weeks to clear the scar causing blemishes). I do occasionally get a blemish here and there, but they're small and go away quickly. I will always be so thankful that I was so blessed in being shown the green smoothies. I prayed that God would give me the knowledge I needed to get myself over the acne, and within a week, I learned about the smoothies. What a wonderful day that was! hehe
Keep using your English!! Your spelling is definitely good enough - almost perfect in fact, and I think you get across what you want to say just fine!! You should consider yourself fluent.
"...whatsoever things are true... honest... just... pure... lovely... or of good report;
if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things."
Green smoothies/blended greens keep me clear! Click here
* Diet: Whole foods, mostly plant-based diet - lots of green vegetables, beans/legumes, nuts/seeds, fruit and occasional whole grains. If you suffer with acne, please see the diet tip section here.
* Skin-care Regimen: I recommend Paula's Choice (by Paula Begoun). For basic and effective, well-researched skin-care tips, click here.
* Supplements: Acidophilus, a safe, well-researched, food-based multi-vitamin, vitamin D3, and a pure DHA supplement.
* Lifestyle: Plenty of sleep, sweat-inducing exercise, sunshine, time each day to relax and de-stress, focusing on love, compassion and thankfulness, and keeping a clean, organized environment and life, helps to more easily maintain a healthy, happy life.
* Faith: If you're open to religion, having faith greatly helps with well-being and health. My faith is in Jesus Christ. I had to do much research regarding this decision, but it was worth it! It gives my life meaning, peace, and especially joy. If you have questions, PM me!