QUOTE(Necromancer @ Aug 9 2006, 02:57 PM)
How do you make these green smoothies? Do you just add a bunch of canned vegetables in a blender and mix. I am capable of eating pretty nasty things as long as they are healthy. I should be on Fear Factor. Lay it on me!!!
Well then, you should definitely try them! They actually taste good, but I'm sure you could make them taste nasty if you really wanted to. haha Directions for making them are in my first post.
Hope you like them!
QUOTE(Necromancer @ Aug 9 2006, 03:23 PM)
What's wrong with eating oatmeal and raw canned tuna for breakfast?
Canned tuna is high in mercury and other toxins - best to stay away from it.
QUOTE(Annaa @ Aug 9 2006, 06:28 PM)
Thanks again Independent thinker! ....maby I could buy some "green" pills and try while I wait.
As for the food discussion I think itÃ‚Â´s importent to remember that it seams to be different for everyone...
You just have to figure out whatÃ‚Â´s right for you. But that doesnÃ‚Â´t seam to be the easiesd thing! Not for me anyway....
Wouldn't hurt to try the green pills, but don't expect great results. You're right, different things work for different people. I still stick to my statement though of saying that green smoothies are more beneficial than just water alone.
I'm really curious to know how many others might benefit from the smoothies. My thinking is that it's the natural form of accutane, because it is so full of vitamin A (but the natural, safe kind!). Because of this, I really do believe that everyone's skin would probably benefit from this and that acne problems would go away, but regardless, there are so many health benefits to the smoothies, that they're worth doing anyway!
Interesting points about the warm honey water and yogurt - I believe there are SO many complexities when it comes to acne. The smoothies are currently just "masking" my symptoms (in a healthy way of course), but there is obviously something internally imbalanced going on that is causing me to break out when I don't do the smoothies. Doing internal cleanses, taking acidolphilus (like in yogurt), balancing my hormones and eating a balanced, pure diet are just a few things that come to mind that I believe would help.
QUOTE(Annaa @ Aug 9 2006, 06:40 PM)
Oh, Independent T! I came up with one more question:)! I just reread your first post and saw that you put flax oil in your smoothies or take it before you drink. Are yous sure that the fat isnÃ‚Â´t what have made you clear? Did you continue taking the oil those two weeks? Because A LOT of people get clear from just taking a spoon of flax oil or some other good oil (like fish oil or primerose oil). Just to be sure! Oil didnÃ‚Â´t work for me.
Actually, haha, I just put that tip on there because I read of the benefits. It's smart of you to pick up on that, but to be honest, I never put flax in my smoothies, and I ran out of flax and fish oil a little over a month ago, and I haven't been taking any oils since then. I wasn't consistent at all about taking them anyway. For several months, my smoothies consisted of fruit, greens, water, and nothing else. I have tested the smoothies out several different times. Each time I stop them, I will start breaking out in a few days. The smoothies are definitely the reason I have stopped breaking out... that's why I'm so passionate about sharing this information with others.
QUOTE(Legend @ Aug 9 2006, 06:45 PM)
Interesting. I'm pretty good with smoothies for bulking, but I'm on a cut phase and this sounds interesting.
Great! I hope you like the smoothies!
"...whatsoever things are true... honest... just... pure... lovely... or of good report;
if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things."
Green smoothies/blended greens keep me clear! Click here
* Diet: Whole foods, mostly plant-based diet - lots of green vegetables, beans/legumes, nuts/seeds, fruit and occasional whole grains. If you suffer with acne, please see the diet tip section here.
* Skin-care Regimen: I recommend Paula's Choice (by Paula Begoun). For basic and effective, well-researched skin-care tips, click here.
* Supplements: Acidophilus, a safe, well-researched, food-based multi-vitamin, vitamin D3, and a pure DHA supplement.
* Lifestyle: Plenty of sleep, sweat-inducing exercise, sunshine, time each day to relax and de-stress, focusing on love, compassion and thankfulness, and keeping a clean, organized environment and life, helps to more easily maintain a healthy, happy life.
* Faith: If you're open to religion, having faith greatly helps with well-being and health. My faith is in Jesus Christ. I had to do much research regarding this decision, but it was worth it! It gives my life meaning, peace, and especially joy. If you have questions, PM me!