Posted 08 July 2014 - 12:22 PM
I love that you're enjoying your smoothies so much!! That's awesome!! I have heard that the longer you blend them (exposing the nutrients to air), the more nutrients they lose, and they do lose some nutrition while stored. However, when I first started out, I made mine every other day and would store a day's worth in the fridge. I still got great results doing it this way, so I'm guessing the majority of nutrients are still retained a day later. If this method works best for you and this enables you to keep doing them, then I'd stick with it. Thank you for sharing your story and recipe, which sounds super nutritious and delicious!
"...whatsoever things are true... honest... just... pure... lovely... or of good report;
if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things."
Green smoothies/blended greens keep me clear! Click here
* Diet: Whole foods, mostly plant-based diet - lots of green vegetables, beans/legumes, nuts/seeds, fruit and occasional whole grains. If you suffer with acne, please see the diet tip section here.
* Skin-care Regimen: I recommend Paula's Choice (by Paula Begoun). For basic and effective, well-researched skin-care tips, click here.
* Supplements: Acidophilus, a safe, well-researched, food-based multi-vitamin, vitamin D3, and a pure DHA supplement.
* Lifestyle: Plenty of sleep, sweat-inducing exercise, sunshine, time each day to relax and de-stress, focusing on love, compassion and thankfulness, and keeping a clean, organized environment and life, helps to more easily maintain a healthy, happy life.
* Faith: If you're open to religion, having faith greatly helps with well-being and health. My faith is in Jesus Christ. I had to do much research regarding this decision, but it was worth it! It gives my life meaning, peace, and especially joy. If you have questions, PM me!