Posted 12 March 2013 - 03:54 PM
Green paste!! Too funny!! I have been making some lately that are rather on the thick side as well. I am really loving the avocado/chocolate smoothies, and today I added in plant-based protein powder, and alfalfa and barley powder--so good!!!
So cool about the beat greens, and I love that you drink out of canning jar. I use those for storage--they are so cute! It's hard to find the screw on plastic lids for them, but I got some on Amazon. I remember hibiscus tea when I studied in Mexico years ago (they call it Jamaica tea). It was very, very popular in Mexico---people would sell it walking down the streets! I think it sort of has a fruit-punch smell and taste--delicious! I believe it's helpful for the kidneys, and based on your statement, I'm guessing it has many other health benefits too! It's been a while since I've had any, and I had never thought to put it in a smoothie--thank you for sharing your ideas!! I'll think I'll have to buy some hibiscus tea soon.
Edit: Okay, especially with Alternativista's recommendation, I had to check out hibiscus tea! Dr. Mercola has great things to say, and he even sells an extract! I'm guessing it's cheaper to just steep the tea yourself though. Do you have a source you like Alternativista?
Edited by *`*~ABG Fairy~*`*, 12 March 2013 - 04:01 PM.
"...whatsoever things are true... honest... just... pure... lovely... or of good report;
if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things."
Green smoothies/blended greens keep me clear! Click here
* Diet: Whole foods, mostly plant-based diet - lots of green vegetables, beans/legumes, nuts/seeds, fruit and occasional whole grains. If you suffer with acne, please see the diet tip section here.
* Skin-care Regimen: I recommend Paula's Choice (by Paula Begoun). For basic and effective, well-researched skin-care tips, click here.
* Supplements: Acidophilus, a safe, well-researched, food-based multi-vitamin, vitamin D3, and a pure DHA supplement.
* Lifestyle: Plenty of sleep, sweat-inducing exercise, sunshine, time each day to relax and de-stress, focusing on love, compassion and thankfulness, and keeping a clean, organized environment and life, helps to more easily maintain a healthy, happy life.
* Faith: If you're open to religion, having faith greatly helps with well-being and health. My faith is in Jesus Christ. I had to do much research regarding this decision, but it was worth it! It gives my life meaning, peace, and especially joy. If you have questions, PM me!