Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

cost of cortisone shot?

23 posts in this topic

I have this one bump that's likely going to become a cyst. Anyone know how much a cortisone shot would cost (in Canada)?

I have a feeling it would be expensive.

price is vary everywhere so you just have to give your derm a call to find out.

for reference, some do flat rat like $US 50 a shot, my derm is like $60+$7/per.

my derm charges $100

if you don't get a shot in the cyst it can take months for it to go away :naughty:

holy shit. my derm charges $10.00 for up to 3 injections and over 3 is $20.00. same day appointments too so i don't have to wait.

thats insane what those guys are charging

holy shit. my derm charges $10.00 for up to 3 injections and over 3 is $20.00. same day appointments too so i don't have to wait.

thats insane what those guys are charging

Hey i live in ontario too...i thought u had to be referred from your family doctor to go to a dermatologist?

last time my family doctor referred it took about 6 months :|

my derm charges $100

if you don't get a shot in the cyst it can take months for it to go away :naughty:

omg..are you serious

i started differin and i got my first cyst (@#$%!!!) i never ever got cysts before..just pimples and zits.. man i hate my life

ITS DEFINITELY WORTH IT..I ONLY HAD ONE CYST..BUT IT WAS A PAIN IN THE ASS

I have this one bump that's likely going to become a cyst. Anyone know how much a cortisone shot would cost (in Canada)?

I have a feeling it would be expensive.

I paid $60/shot. It's $60/shot, not $60/zit. :D Your derm can inject the rest of the solution into other zits, that is, if you want them injected. Tell your derm to dilute the solution by 50%.

A cortisone shot in Canada is usually free.

are you serious? how do you know??

where else can u get it cuz i dont think u can walk into a dermatologist..ur family doc has to reffer u n it takes six months (about) :S

Why would people pay that much just for a cyst?

.. Because they don't go away on their own like normal zits, cysts will sit under your skin till the end of time unless you operate on it yourself( NOT RECCOMENDED ) or go see your derm for the shot.

Why would people pay that much just for a cyst?

.. Because they don't go away on their own like normal zits, cysts will sit under your skin till the end of time unless you operate on it yourself( NOT RECCOMENDED ) or go see your derm for the shot.

Can they still give it to you after the cyst has been there for a while?

and they inject it right on ur cyst?! :shock:

I'm a Canadian. No, cortisone shots for zits are never free. Shots may be free if you have a medical condition, but for esthetics, never.

30$ copay....shots go down as "surgery" on the bill and insurance covers them....all 9 or 10 I get at a time.....

So I pay 30$ for one or 30$ for ten or more.....depending on how many I happen to have.........

WTH my derm always injected mine for FREE.

That's insane that you guys would pay that much. Seriously find someone who actually cares about their patient and they wont charge a damn thing.

Maybe they billed my insurance company or something, but hell no I didn't pay 50+ bucks a shot. I didnt see a cent leave my pocket

That's insane that you guys would pay that much. Seriously find someone who actually cares about their patient and they wont charge a damn thing.

Maybe they billed my insurance company or something, but hell no I didn't pay 50+ bucks a shot. I didnt see a cent leave my pocket

Where do you live???

Depends on your derm and your insurance policy I guess! LOL :D

I found a medical laser and surgical skin care clinic, and turns out they are the only ones around here that give cortisone shots. I live in canada also. Does anyone know if this is covered by OHIP (Ontario Health Insurance Plan)?

Yeah my derm does it for free as well. just the $10 copay for the visit. I don't even know if she charged the insurance company.

I've had cortisone shots numerous times before. At walk-in clinics its always free in Canada. I don't have medical or anything. I walk in, ask for a cortisone shot and thats that. Absoloutely no fee for anything.

dam i live in the wrong place mine are not free! There is only one derm here where I live and I'm sick and tired of him ignoring my requests so I'm traveling over an hour to another derm that will hopefully listen to me and what meds I want!!!!!! Cysts are the worse! I have copay but it does me no good because the derm is out of network so I pay out my ass for the shots and office visits :wall: