Photo

Please give me your TAZORAC EXPERIENCES

candida chemical peel cortisone makeup retinoids

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
55 replies to this topic

#41 queengodiva

queengodiva

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 December 2006 - 09:17 AM

Thanks for the responses:) I can't use Taz more then 1 every other day and at times every 3rd day. Fo rme, my skin looks a lot better but it's still clearing. I have had mild acne since I was 16 and I'm 29 now. I seem to be resistent to a lot of treatment because my skin is soo sensitive. My MD told I could be in my 50s before the acne stops-I was depressed after hearing that, neither of my parents really ever had pimples. I keep wondering if the Taz keeps improving your skin the longer you use it? I hope so-I have been on it 3.5 months.

#42 Fuman

Fuman

F.B.I

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 December 2006 - 07:48 PM

QUOTE(queengodiva @ Dec 22 2006, 10:17 AM) View Post
Thanks for the responses:) I can't use Taz more then 1 every other day and at times every 3rd day. Fo rme, my skin looks a lot better but it's still clearing. I have had mild acne since I was 16 and I'm 29 now. I seem to be resistent to a lot of treatment because my skin is soo sensitive. My MD told I could be in my 50s before the acne stops-I was depressed after hearing that, neither of my parents really ever had pimples. I keep wondering if the Taz keeps improving your skin the longer you use it? I hope so-I have been on it 3.5 months.

im in the same boat it started at 18 and im 30 now..........have been on the taz .1 gel for almost the same time as you, the bad thing is its making my face all flushed

but it's clear.....dunno if i should lay off or moisturize more

#43 queengodiva

queengodiva

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 December 2006 - 09:43 AM

I've been trying this new thing where I leave taz on for 2-3 hrs and then wash off-my skin seems less irritated that way. I also put on the neutrogena for combination skin which seems to ward of the flakiness. does anyone use some type of gentle exfoliant? I've tried sa and it seems to make my skin more irritated.

#44 Fuman

Fuman

F.B.I

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 December 2006 - 01:14 PM

QUOTE(queengodiva @ Dec 29 2006, 10:43 AM) View Post
I've been trying this new thing where I leave taz on for 2-3 hrs and then wash off-my skin seems less irritated that way. I also put on the neutrogena for combination skin which seems to ward of the flakiness. does anyone use some type of gentle exfoliant? I've tried sa and it seems to make my skin more irritated.

I dunno what to do, my face is really red like it's burnt, I use eucerin moisturizer to get the flakiness off though

#45 mister_l

mister_l

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 31 December 2006 - 01:51 PM

I've had it for about 5 days now (my directions are to apply it every night). I noticed a lot of my acne is dying down but yeah, my face is hella RED. Looks like I got hardcore sunburn and yeah Tazorac burns too. My prescription is the 0.05% gel version, too.

For morning I have to apply Duac Topical Gel and then 0.05% Desonide Lotion for the dryness.

#46 annaka

annaka

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 April 2007 - 12:17 AM

I began taking Tazorac after the breakouts seemed to be calming down on their own. I have been on it for about two weeks, and I apply it at night, every other day, or every two days. I have a few concerns that I would appreciate any feedback on. One, I am a medium complected woman of Indian origin. The places where I apply the Tazorac,-- directly on the lesion, which were for the most part flattened at the time of application-- have now become reddened. Additionally, the area around the redness is lightened (significantly lighter than my skin tone). I have completely smooth skin now, but the redness of the former acne and the whiteness of the area where the medicine was applied is depressing. Does anyone have similar experience or any insight? (I've had little peeling, not much burning, or itchiness). I live in a hot climate (India) and use an SPF 40 on my face, (Clinque city block, with a tint). I wash three times with Cetaphil, Gentle Moistorizer. I also use concealer on the acne, to even out the spots. If anyone has any advice about what to do about the overall tone of my face or about the redness of the former acne, I would really appreciate it. Also, the best of luck to anyone who suffers from acne; I am a newcomer to skin problems, and I now know how devastating it is. But the good news is: its preventable, treatable,curable! F 28 14 days

#47 ghettout

ghettout

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 April 2007 - 08:02 PM

I got Taz like 3 weeks ago. For the first two weeks, I didn't see any changes in my skin and I was on a high dose of tetracycline as well. It wasn't until last week that my skin cleared up 80%, so I'm pretty stoked right now. Not to mention the texture of my skin is noticeably softer and smoother. And it might just be my imagination or sheer hope but I think my OLD OLD red marks are fading. yay.

#48 Scar_Tissue

Scar_Tissue

Now if you let me, you won't regret me

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 13
About Me

Achievements

Posted 23 April 2007 - 10:06 PM

Tazorac made me so sad in one week i thought i was clearing up. weeks 3-5 were hell on my esteem and I cried alot. The cysts and bumps we're disgusting. this is month 2 and half and I see a difference. I still have bumps and papules but they go away after some days. I hope to finally clear up before the school year ends. My derm appointment is tomorrow and my mum says its the last time we're going because the lady doesn't do much but charge money

#49 Amanda Marie

Amanda Marie

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 17
About Me

Posted 23 April 2007 - 10:14 PM

I've been using taz for about 2 weeks now and i just started getting really dry around my nose and on my forehead. The skin around my nose started to itch really bad and then started peeling really bad. It sucks, but I hope it works. Fingers crossed.

#50 Reami999

Reami999

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 April 2007 - 06:20 PM

QUOTE(Amanda Marie @ Apr 24 2007, 12:14 AM) View Post
I've been using taz for about 2 weeks now and i just started getting really dry around my nose and on my forehead. The skin around my nose started to itch really bad and then started peeling really bad. It sucks, but I hope it works. Fingers crossed.

ya when i started, i got red, REALLY FLAKY, and dry. oh. and LOTS of huge zits. now. totally smooth skin. still dry and irritated. but a lot better. so. im really really hoping that in a few weeks ill be fine...ive come this far along...3 weeks i think.

oh. and ive tried EVERYTHING alllllll antibiotics, retin A, benzaclin, differin....and just a bunch of stuff. this is the first thing that has made a difference... i had terrible acne though...moderate. not mild. and not really SEVERE. but it sure felt like it.

amazing what acne will do to self esteem...

#51 dontownatv

dontownatv

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 February 2009 - 03:59 AM

I was on it for four years. The beginning was tough, but worth it. I had the clearest skin of my life on Taz. Sadly I had to go off of it for a few years. I'm now back on it & the tough part is here. Moisturizing is certainly key. & also, stick with it. No medication out there will give you instantly clear skin. Everyone who doesn't have success with this drug seems to have only used it a few weeks or months. That's really not enough time to see the true results.

Read Reami999's response. That about sums it up for a lot of users.

#52 Jessica007

Jessica007

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 January 2010 - 01:12 PM

I've been using tazorac cream for 4 months. I don't really think it's working for me. I use a "pea" size amount once a day. I also moisturize like crazy!!

#53 umbrae

umbrae

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 January 2010 - 08:15 AM

Zorac is expensive and not really worth it long term. Initially you will break out. It does get rid of pimples to some extent, but as for blackheads its a miss. Theonly thing I liked about it is I had a nice ruddy complexion. If I had the money I would not hesitate buying it again, not for the acne but for its anti ageing properties. It reverses sun damage and helps increases dermal thickness. I did actually have younger looking skin after a year on it.

#54 Melounx

Melounx

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 5
About Me

Posted 20 January 2010 - 08:52 PM

I've been using Tazorac at night for about a month now, and my skin seems to be improving. I also use BenzaClin in the morning with Plexion cloths and I take Solydyn (tetracycline) every night as well. I moisturize before putting on the Tazorac; it feels better that way. I use Lac-Hydrin Five mixed with Desert Essence Jojoba Oil to moisturize and my skin stays moisturized.

#55 Addie

Addie

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 January 2010 - 09:04 AM

QUOTE (UNATTRACTIVE @ Jul 31 2006, 09:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
[font=Comic Sans Ms][size=6]

So, Ive been to the dermatologist and he provided TAZORAC for my breakouts. The doctor told me to apply at night and only once at night... and that my face will turn red and peel. Ive seen posts where woman refer to the Tazorac as a "Chemical Peel" Is this what I have to look forward to? Please post any of your experiences with TAZORAC....I was also given TETRACYCALINE... for a month only. I did ask the doctor if I was a candidate for Laser Dermatology and she didnt think so. She thought that I may have had an allergic reaction when I switched from Proactiv to NUSKIN.... Oh and she did say, that I wont see any difference for about 2 months and during the day I am to apply Hydrocortisone to the face...... during the daybefore applying makeup..

Please give me your information......

The 0.05 strength and cream didn't work for me, but the 0.1% strength of the gel has worked wonders along with BHA liquid. (They don't work for me separately.) I had severe acne, and now I'm mostly clear. I do peel frequently, but my sunscreen mostly covers that up.

#56 lifeinfaith

lifeinfaith

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 07 April 2013 - 10:04 PM

I have been on differin for about 2 months prescribed for closed comedones (clogged pores) and blackheads on the lower part of my face and cheeks. It was only about 15-20% improvement when I had my 2 month derm checkup so she upped me to Tazorac. For the past month while on both differin and tazorac I started getting swollen inflamed pimples that never come to a head on the right side of my face which has not happened during the past 5-6 months of when this clogged pore issue started and is not characteristic of anything I have had before. Could the retinoids be causing this and is there a way to prevent these swollen ones?