Photo

bentonite/acv mask or queen helene's mask?

3 replies to this topic

#1 remember4

remember4

Que si me muero sea de amor...

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 116
About Me

Posted 23 July 2006 - 07:56 PM

i've been using bentonite clay/apple cider vinegar mask for about 4 months now and am happy with it. however, i've read very good things about queen helene's mint julep mask. both are very affordable, so i was wondering if people have found one or the other to work better.
thanks!!!

#2 Denise2

Denise2

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 July 2006 - 09:09 AM

Personally, I think that Queen Helene's is awesome for the money! I think it works really well. Another thing is that you can spot treat zits overnight and it works great at drying them up overnight as well.

#3 R.S.

R.S.

Senior Administrator

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 July 2006 - 09:35 AM

Yeah, I bought a bottle of QH last... November or early December I think it was. Sometime in the beginning of winter is all I remember. I've used it plenty for spot treatment, even going as far as using it nightly (but stopped - too drying!) I STILL have that same bottle and it's just now almost out... this is July! And to think it costs less then 5 bucks...

I did a bentonite clay mask before, it's really nice because your face cools down a bunch and you can almost feel things being sucked out by the clay, and it's not overly drying like QH can be. So I'd say go for both, buy a bottle of bentonite and take it internally with psyllium to cleanse the body as well.

Another good mask that I've always liked but don't do anymore just because it's easie to use QH, would be the classic aspirin mask. I don't put it in water though, I put it in aloe vera cuz I think that helps the crushed aspirin stick your skin and work it's way deeper. Aspirin has the same active ingredient that many acne treatments have: (acetyl-)salicylic acid. But the difference is that while I've found acne creams with SA to be drying, harsh, and a pain in the ass, spot treatment with the aspirin mask has NEVER presented any problems... you can even get funky and add shit like MSM powder or vit. C into the aspirin mask too, or sea salt since it's a natural antibacterial and it also draws impurities out, hell even some turmeric (powerful natural anti inflammatory) but your skin may get stained smile.gif My sink did, atleast. As far as over the counter things go, aspirin is one of the more "natural" ones you could say, it's derived from willow bark and synthetically created, but the active ingredient is present in possibly a few foods (aloe vera is one actually). Of course, aspirin isn't something you want to take long term internally like some people do...but on the skin there's no problem.

I should get more regular with the mask thing, my skin always looks a little better afterwards and it's the only "acne fighting" topical I'll still use (nevermind that glycolic acid, Retin-A, SA, all that trash!)
topical:
tea tree oil soap.
qh mint julep mask.
hydrogen peroxide for occassional spot treatment.
shaving for exfoliation.
internally:
fish oil, 3g daily.

#4 sourpunch

sourpunch

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 July 2006 - 06:16 PM

i love the QH mask...i use it everynite (prolly more than i should)...i like the tightness feeling. It does dry up some pimples, but not so good on those huge suckers!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users