Photo

Marijuana

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
15 replies to this topic

#1 KnowShow

KnowShow

"you need to forgive everyone in your life, and yourself

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 July 2006 - 11:11 AM

so yet another marijuana question, but this one is not asking about it, it is answering it.. for me at least.

So smoking pot is definately making me break out. I was in denial of this for a while, but now I have come to face the truth, which really sucks. I think the cause is the water retention it creates. If your diet already includes foods with toxins, all cooked food, the marijuana will have little to no effect because you will already have the water retention. For me I have a strict diet that causes no water retention which pinches off sebum canals causing acne.

#2 Beauty Bot

Beauty Bot

Accutane - miracle drug.

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 30
About Me

Posted 17 July 2006 - 11:16 AM

great..... show us a clinical study then.

before that, sounds like only you have a problem with pot and breaking out wink.gif

#3 Ariventa

Ariventa

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 July 2006 - 11:26 AM

QUOTE(finallymejess @ Jul 17 2006, 12:16 PM) View Post

before that, sounds like only you have a problem with pot and breaking out wink.gif

He said "me" of "for me" like 3 times and never said it would break everyone out. Did you happen to miss that?

#4 R.S.

R.S.

Senior Administrator

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 July 2006 - 11:27 AM

Knowshow, I still reject that 'dirty proteins' cause water retention, but I'm glad your diet helps you.

Either way I think weed mess things up with the toxins you breathe in. I think it breaks me out too. THC and other cannabinoids are anti-inflammatories and that's one of the reasons for their medical use, but other things in the smoke definitely mess with your body, just like any smoked substance would whether it's burning charcoal on the grill, a forest fire or the weed you're breathing in.

If you're really serious about it and you got some money to spend, I'd say go the vaporizer route and just get high that way. There's the expensive Volcano that's probably the best vape in the world, but there's also some good cheaper ones you can get for like 100-200... http://stores.channe...urce=GoogleBeta is supposed to be a good one, I couldn't say for sure cuz I've never used it but back when I would smoke more, people had good things to say about that, so I guess it's 2nd best to the Volc. Good thing about vaporizers is they don't look like anything you'd use for 'illegal' purposes and theres really not much of a smell or odor, so you can smoke them in an apartment or dorm or any type of crowded quarters with zero worry about snitching neighbors haha.

#5 KnowShow

KnowShow

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 July 2006 - 03:56 PM

QUOTE(finallymejess @ Jul 17 2006, 12:16 PM) View Post

someone needs to read more than the first line. hah. u feel dumb.

QUOTE(rubber sheep @ Jul 17 2006, 12:27 PM) View Post

Knowshow, I still reject that 'dirty proteins' cause water retention, but I'm glad your diet helps you.

Either way I think weed mess things up with the toxins you breathe in. I think it breaks me out too. THC and other cannabinoids are anti-inflammatories and that's one of the reasons for their medical use, but other things in the smoke definitely mess with your body, just like any smoked substance would whether it's burning charcoal on the grill, a forest fire or the weed you're breathing in.

If you're really serious about it and you got some money to spend, I'd say go the vaporizer route and just get high that way. There's the expensive Volcano that's probably the best vape in the world, but there's also some good cheaper ones you can get for like 100-200... http://stores.channe...urce=GoogleBeta is supposed to be a good one, I couldn't say for sure cuz I've never used it but back when I would smoke more, people had good things to say about that, so I guess it's 2nd best to the Volc. Good thing about vaporizers is they don't look like anything you'd use for 'illegal' purposes and theres really not much of a smell or odor, so you can smoke them in an apartment or dorm or any type of crowded quarters with zero worry about snitching neighbors haha.

I'm still not really sure about the whole wai theory but it seems to work for me. I know for a fact I have some severe digestive problems so for me it could be that because the foods that I digest are very easy to digest, thus easing digestion. I really don't know. I also had an excess of "heat" in my body, the diet fixed that. Also I am getting vitamins way more efficiently. Who knows, could be the water retention.

Do you think that weed causes water retention? I have found a few sources that say that it does. If it did do you think it could pinch of the sebum canals. Do most descriptions of the cause of acne explain too much sebum production and pinched off sebums canals and then explain no reason for the sebum canals being pinched off?? I'm not really sure, that was a real question.

About the smoke though, I think I'lll try adding sum bud to my evening herbal tea, which is a mix of herbs simmered for 10-15 min. That should activate the THC right, ? How exactly does an anti-inflammatory help acne, if you wouldn't mind explaining.

The volcano is awesome!! i know two people that got em. I wanted to get one but can't spend the 550 bucks, thats just ridiculous. I don't even smoke that much. I just figured that was really the only one worth getting. So im gonna look into this one and probably get it. thanks man.

#6 Redsquirrel

Redsquirrel

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 July 2006 - 04:06 PM

its a toughie. I was pretty sure weed was making me break out, especially after i had a crazy weekend and then had a really bad breakout.

I have stopped for about a month, and i would say i have broke out less but also i go through patches of having a few spots or so... its just so annoying not to be able to work out what is triggering it.

What i usually also do is one week ill be completly clear and so ill go a bit crazy on some junk food and sugary stuff, thinking it will be okay.. but then the next week.. more spots.

So in answer to your question: I do think it breaks ME out at least.

#7 Denise2

Denise2

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 July 2006 - 04:11 PM

QUOTE(rubber sheep @ Jul 17 2006, 10:27 AM) View Post

Dude! Don't enable!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! eusa_wall.gif wink.gif

#8 R.S.

R.S.

Senior Administrator

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 July 2006 - 04:50 PM

QUOTE(KnowShow @ Jul 17 2006, 02:56 PM) View Post

I'm still not really sure about the whole wai theory but it seems to work for me. I know for a fact I have some severe digestive problems so for me it could be that because the foods that I digest are very easy to digest, thus easing digestion. I really don't know. I also had an excess of "heat" in my body, the diet fixed that. Also I am getting vitamins way more efficiently. Who knows, could be the water retention.

Do you think that weed causes water retention? I have found a few sources that say that it does. If it did do you think it could pinch of the sebum canals. Do most descriptions of the cause of acne explain too much sebum production and pinched off sebums canals and then explain no reason for the sebum canals being pinched off?? I'm not really sure, that was a real question.

About the smoke though, I think I'lll try adding sum bud to my evening herbal tea, which is a mix of herbs simmered for 10-15 min. That should activate the THC right, ? How exactly does an anti-inflammatory help acne, if you wouldn't mind explaining.

The volcano is awesome!! i know two people that got em. I wanted to get one but can't spend the 550 bucks, thats just ridiculous. I don't even smoke that much. I just figured that was really the only one worth getting. So im gonna look into this one and probably get it. thanks man.

You may want to google food combining and see what comes up, that can help with digestion too. I got enlightened on it just the other day and now follow a few basic rules, like no fruits/sugars after proteins, proteins are best served with green vegetables, don't mix proteins and starches, and acid fruits help speed up protein digestion... Seems to help a little with digestion. Or theres always digestive enzymes so you don't have to worry about this sort of thing, and I'm trying to get an herb called triphala that is supposed to really tone the digestive system.

I don't know if weed causes water retention, but there's gotta be some kind of science between why I always get cotton mouth... The beginning of every pimple is from a clogged pore that results from the skin not shedding properly, I believe, that plays more into the IGF-1 role in creating acne rather then water retention, since IGF-1 is a hormone that regulates that. But by eating most fruits and vegetables you're eating pretty low glycemic which means lower levels of IGF-1.

In your tea you should add a fat source like coconut milk, coconut oil, any type of oil really. THC is fat soluble so it needs some kind of fat to hang onto, which is why when you make special brownies you melt the weed with the butter then strain out the plant material.

Acne is an inflammatory ailment, this has been scientifically shown in studies. So anything anti-inflammatory could in theory help, whether it's an anti inflammatory diet (fruits, vegetables, fish, etc.), a strong anti-inflammatory medicine (antibiotics, Accutane, omega-3 fatty acids, etc.), or whatever. Exercise is anti-inflammatory, sunlight is supposed to be anti inflammatory... you get the idea. Sweetjade posted a thread about this summer. I remember that THC and other cannabinoids are anti inflammatory, but as for them helping acne I don't know. All I know is if you really wanted to find out, vaporizing would be the way since you breathe in little to no toxins that way - mostly just THC and the active ingredients smile.gif

If you do get that Vap. Bros. tell me how it is haha. It's not too bad of a price compared to the Volc and they got a double hose model.....

#9 JBHK

JBHK

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 July 2006 - 09:25 PM

Just a thought but I find it curious that people who are very concerned about what they eat and maintaining a healthy lifestyle don't seem to have any issues with smoking MJ. It's like some alternative reality where you get criticised for saying its OK to each a cheese sandwich but if you smoke a joint or do other drugs no one bats an eyelid. lol.gif

#10 KnowShow

KnowShow

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 July 2006 - 09:39 PM

QUOTE(JBHK @ Jul 17 2006, 10:25 PM) View Post

Just a thought but I find it curious that people who are very concerned about what they eat and maintaining a healthy lifestyle don't seem to have any issues with smoking MJ. It's like some alternative reality where you get criticised for saying its OK to each a cheese sandwich but if you smoke a joint or do other drugs no one bats an eyelid. lol.gif

i totally agree with you. marijuana is completely natural, other than the smoking part, and i dont drink or do any drugs, so I need something. it is strange though how I won't eat anything that cooked, but ill light up a bowl of buds and inhale the smoke into my lungs.. I need a vaporizer.

#11 09rules

09rules

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 July 2006 - 09:49 PM

QUOTE(JBHK @ Jul 17 2006, 08:25 PM) View Post

I say we should go the route of Amsterdam and then we can regulate it for THC content and take money away from drug dealers that fuel organized crime and needless death...

But I don't smoke, never have never will... I agree that it's somewhat hypocritical to say "OMG MILK SUCKS YOU PERVERT FOR DRINKING IT AND POLLUTING YOUR BODY" and then "Hey man, MJ's all good, go ahead and smoke it up..." (I'm exaggerating of course, but you can't possibly fail to see the irony)

Smoke is smoke and drugs are drugs... doesn't matter if it's "natural" or not.

#12 rodd

rodd

$$rockinonyourdime$$

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 July 2006 - 11:33 AM

QUOTE(JBHK @ Jul 18 2006, 01:25 PM) View Post

i guess your right that is kindof funny, but you are assuming here that the responsible use of narcotics is unhealthy.. this is not necessarily the case, there are many more unhealthy things we are exposed to all day, everyday.

are you suggesting that someone who is a responsible adult and also happens to enjoy chemical recreation in moderation, is more unhealthy than the average joe who eats junk food, breathes exhaust fumes, drinks alcohol, smokes ciggies and is overly inactive? a drug is simply a substance that when introduced into the body mimics the body's own pleasure response. caffeine is a drug too, and how many people drink cola or coffee, or eat chocolate? taking a drug is nothing more than deriving pleasure through an artificial/introduced means rather than a natural/internal one. i derived pleasure from my coffee this morning, i 'used' it to help me wake up and feel warm on a cold winter morning, is there really much difference between this concept and 'using' any other drug?

yes, i take 'drugs'. i love ecstasy. it helped me overcome some personal issues and i can honestly say i am a better person because of it. i also smoke weed on occasion because its like a relaxing cup of tea only better, and i have enjoyed a number of other drugs at some time or another.

the difference here is responsible use (now this is something you will never hear from the media because drugs are bad, drugs are illegal blah blah blah).. but i would like to mention that i am very healthy, i know more about nutrition than anyone i know, i exercise regularly, and i know the risks of the substances i am taking and the best way to minimise (or eliminate) those risks. i also make it my business to know everything i can about any particular substance because i believe my body is a temple and i respect it. for me, drugs are simply an occasional enhancement. you go out clubbing and you have a good time with friends and sometimes you choose to involve drugs in this because it enhances the time you spend together.

i dont blame you for being anti drugs, in fact its probably a good thing. drugs are illegal, and like most things they have the capacity for harm if not respected, but i want you to appreciate that many people who do drugs (and im talking about the drugs other than alcohol, nicotine, or caffeine) are just the same as me!! and it is only a lack of education that has the general populace fearing 'drugs'. for example: did you know that ecstasy (MDMA) is neither physically nor psychologically addictive? did you also know that the only reason it was ever made illegal was because at the time the dea was evaluating it for classification, it wasnt currently being made by a major pharmaceutical house, so it was therefore considered an abusable drug and needed to be made illegal?

im NOT saying you should do drugs, im just saying you should be informed, its your right.

if you care, here is a link to an abc news (australia) interview with prof. alexander shulgin, with some interesting information on ecstasy that you may not know.

(disclaimer: rodd (or acne.org) in no way condones or encourages the use of any illegal drug for any purpose whatsoever. drugs are bad. drugs are illegal. and if they dont cause you harm then the large hairy man you will share your prison cell with will.)

IPB Image

#13 Redsquirrel

Redsquirrel

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 August 2006 - 10:30 AM

started smoking some MJ again recently. My acne has come back a bit, but its so hard to blame it on that or if it was something else (ie been eating a lot of bread recently) things like that.

Im pretty sure it does cause me to break out, but i guess ill have to put up with the acne..

#14 Necromancer

Necromancer

ayla: Necro is God-Like he's so pretty.

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 15
About Me

Posted 09 August 2006 - 10:46 AM

QUOTE(Redsquirrel @ Aug 9 2006, 12:30 PM) View Post

started smoking some MJ again recently. My acne has come back a bit, but its so hard to blame it on that or if it was something else (ie been eating a lot of bread recently) things like that.

Im pretty sure it does cause me to break out, but i guess ill have to put up with the acne..

Marijuana only lowers the immune system temporarily and this may cause some people to breakout. But I say, I'm willing to get high regardless of breakouts anyday.

ninja.gif

QUOTE(aolforbroadband @ Jul 18 2006, 01:58 PM) View Post

That's funny, when I toked the reefer in highschool my skin never looked better. tongue.gif

Agree.

#15 R.S.

R.S.

Senior Administrator

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 August 2006 - 11:10 AM

Never used to break me out, now it does, my best guess is that the liver is the culprit once again./

#16 drea

drea

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 1
About Me

Posted 09 August 2006 - 03:08 PM

I don't smoke at all anymore, but when I did......pot just made me lazy in general (especially with my hygeine) and causes me to get paranoid, stress factor. Then there is the fact that I always touch my face when I'm stoned (idkwtf I do this for but I bet other people do it too and don't realize that they are).