Photo

Ice Pick Scars and Large Pores

ice pick

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
15 replies to this topic

#1 Torontoguy

Torontoguy

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 July 2006 - 01:35 AM

Hi everyone, does anyone know what the best treatment for ice pick scars and large pores is? I've had a micro-laser peel done, but it did absolutely nothing for the pores or scars, so I'm very upset that I wasted money for nothing. Has anyone tried the Smoothbeam laser, IPL, or Laser Geneis for their pores and scars?

#2 Lucy mum

Lucy mum

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 July 2006 - 07:36 PM

QUOTE(Torontoguy @ Jul 13 2006, 01:35 AM) View Post

Hi everyone, does anyone know what the best treatment for ice pick scars and large pores is? I've had a micro-laser peel done, but it did absolutely nothing for the pores or scars, so I'm very upset that I wasted money for nothing. Has anyone tried the Smoothbeam laser, IPL, or Laser Geneis for their pores and scars?

Have you tried full face dermabrasion?

#3 Torontoguy

Torontoguy

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 July 2006 - 09:52 PM

QUOTE(Lucy mum @ Jul 13 2006, 09:36 PM) View Post

QUOTE(Torontoguy @ Jul 13 2006, 01:35 AM) View Post

Have you tried full face dermabrasion?

I was told by a doctor that dermabrasion may make the pores larger. Plus, there is a long healing time.

#4 Hopesprings

Hopesprings

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 14 July 2006 - 03:22 AM

Hi everyone, does anyone know what the best treatment for ice pick scars and large pores is?

TCA cross.

#5 Torontoguy

Torontoguy

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 14 July 2006 - 01:49 PM

QUOTE(Hopesprings @ Jul 14 2006, 05:22 AM) View Post

Hi everyone, does anyone know what the best treatment for ice pick scars and large pores is?

TCA cross.

Do you know how much a TCA cross costs and how many peels would have to be done?

#6 jamesjoyce

jamesjoyce

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 14 July 2006 - 02:02 PM

fraxel laser. its a totally different kind of laser. take a look at the thread. IPL is a waste.

#7 Torontoguy

Torontoguy

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 14 July 2006 - 05:36 PM

QUOTE(jamesjoyce @ Jul 14 2006, 04:02 PM) View Post

fraxel laser. its a totally different kind of laser. take a look at the thread. IPL is a waste.

Some people haven't been getting the best results with Fraxel. As well, it may make the pores larger too "Fraxel is an ablative laser-ablative means that it removes some skin. When you remove skin pore size can enlarge.."
Check out this link to see what Dr. Seckel says
http://saveyourface....ture-and-large/

#8 treybien

treybien

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 14 July 2006 - 06:26 PM

i believe it's common knowledge among people who aren't trying to scam you that pores cannot be shrunk. probably best for pores would be something you could apply daily that might minimize their appearance, maybe a glycolic or mandelic acid.

i have read before that contrary to what is often said by the people selling them, if a laser changes your pore size it will be for the WORSE. if you do lots of harsh treatments, you run the risk not only of wasting massive amounts of money but also making your skin worse. experiment with otc products first!

#9 jamesjoyce

jamesjoyce

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 14 July 2006 - 07:05 PM

QUOTE(Torontoguy @ Jul 14 2006, 05:36 PM) View Post

QUOTE(jamesjoyce @ Jul 14 2006, 04:02 PM) View Post

Some people haven't been getting the best results with Fraxel. As well, it may make the pores larger too "Fraxel is an ablative laser-ablative means that it removes some skin. When you remove skin pore size can enlarge.."
Check out this link to see what Dr. Seckel says
http://saveyourface....ture-and-large/

god not that guy. he's an idiot. look at his pages. he tells all his patients not to get anything put his laser. he's a self promoting scam artist.

look on the fraxel thread most people said it helped pores and scarred pores. one guy saif it made it worse but he had a needleroller and tca and all that so his skin was pretty beat up.

fraxel is ablative but not like co2 laser. READ the fraxel thread.

#10 Torontoguy

Torontoguy

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 July 2006 - 01:47 AM

QUOTE(treybien @ Jul 14 2006, 08:26 PM) View Post

i believe it's common knowledge among people who aren't trying to scam you that pores cannot be shrunk. probably best for pores would be something you could apply daily that might minimize their appearance, maybe a glycolic or mandelic acid.

i have read before that contrary to what is often said by the people selling them, if a laser changes your pore size it will be for the WORSE. if you do lots of harsh treatments, you run the risk not only of wasting massive amounts of money but also making your skin worse. experiment with otc products first!

I agree that pores probably can't be shrunk, but there are studies that show pore size reduction using Laser Genesis...whether or not this is a temporary affect I don't know. As well, there may be certain lasers such as Smoothbean are supposed to shrink the sebaceous gland in the pore and stimulate collagen making the pores look smaller or more normal if there was scarring due to acne. I'm just trying to find out, what has worked for other people, and what laser or method they used.

#11 Texan90

Texan90

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 08 October 2006 - 02:07 PM

bump, so for icepick scars, Fraxel is the best?

#12 jamesjoyce

jamesjoyce

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 08 October 2006 - 05:40 PM

for icepicks i think you'd need excision followed by fraxel. fraxel gives very gradual improvements so you'd end up not satisfied unless you got an excision first.

masterk did excisions followed by fraxel and got great resutls.

it takes 6 treatments of fraxel to get a 30 percent improvement (for those that get any improvement).

as for pores, the reason they are large is oil. if you stop the oil with accutane they will get smaller. at least they did for me. some have stayed enlarged, i think they are scarred from blackheads and picking maybe.

if you dont think anything can improve pores take a look at this link:

http://www.bcm.edu/d...logy/?PMID=2331

fraxel made the third ladys pores disappear in some spots! i emailed the doc and she had 3 treatments at 9 MJ

#13 Caprix

Caprix

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 08 August 2007 - 05:17 AM

What about chemical peels?
There are some photos
www.plasticsergeant.com/home/skin-care/chemical-peels

#14 shanandoah

shanandoah

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 May 2008 - 10:18 PM

QUOTE (Torontoguy @ Jul 13 2006, 02:35 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

was going to ask the same question. nothing really worked for my pores. had a full course of ipl treatments- did nothing for scars or pores. fraxel turned up the best results for scar modulation but am strangely getting more encouraging results from self-needling(strange given the relation between results and amount of pain endured/cost of treatments). fraxel didn't do anything for my pores.
am yet to try needling on the large pores. yumi from healthboards(who first started the thread on needling) commented on not seeing much, if any, changes on ice pick scarring from needling though.

#15 viv101

viv101

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 October 2009 - 12:34 PM

QUOTE (Torontoguy @ Jul 13 2006, 01:35 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I have ice pick scars myself. I had a dermabrasion done many years ago, which left my pores looking larger and worse than they were before. I also spent considerable money a couple of years ago on Fraxel laser treatments. The Fraxel seemed to help at first, but it really hasn't. On top of it, I got two small pimples within a couple of days of the treatment, and they ended up leaving rather large scars because the skin was still recuperating from the Fraxel. I ended up with 4 larger scars because of the Fraxel, that wouldn't have happened otherwise. If I could, I would sue them. I might give the Derma Roller a try, it seems to have good reviews, and it makes sense how it works...

#16 allrighty

allrighty

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 28 September 2011 - 12:36 AM

Ipl didnt work for me nor did Micro....waste of money if u ask me, but might be worth a try...