Photo

white things coming out of all my pores!

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
12 replies to this topic

#1 st3rlite

st3rlite

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 September 2003 - 10:03 AM

I have clogged acne prone skin with lots of whiteheads.. but recently i noticed something really weird..

after I wash but most obviously after I do a facial mask or those sorts of at home care i look in the mirror and out of every single pore - large and small is a white thing... i extract some of them with my blackhead extractor and the stuff comes out fairly easily .. like little plugs - like blackheads only they are white... but not whiteheads coz the plugs are actually visible...

when the skin dries u cant see them except in the enlargened pores... but i dont want to leave them there so i try to extract as many as i can but since they are coming out almost every pore i have theres literally millions... ??

anyone know what i shld do with these - leave them alone? or what.. is this the gunk in my pores?

#2 suckletheswine

suckletheswine

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 September 2003 - 10:42 AM

I have the same problem as you. I'm trying to figure out how to get rid of them. Actually, I wrote a post about it in this forum. My screen name is suckletheswine. I think it is the post above yours. Read it, you might get some info.

#3 Chris

Chris

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 September 2003 - 03:29 PM

this is just pus behind blackheads ..... isnt it?

#4 st3rlite

st3rlite

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 September 2003 - 08:06 AM

it doesnt relaly look like pus.. it looks exactly like a blackhead but its fully white... some have a dark plug at the bottom.... but they are absolutely everywhere!

suckletheswine, thanks.. ill check out your post tongue.gif

#5 imbue

imbue

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 September 2003 - 10:52 AM

It's called white heads... #-o

#6 st3rlite

st3rlite

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 September 2003 - 09:55 PM

nuh i already know ive got whiteheads.. they are different... they are clogged pores with bits of skin over the top covering it.

these are in addition to the whiteheads.. they appear in other areas with no bump just stuff actually visible from the pore... just like an open blackhead only its not black... theres no skin over it so its not a whitehead

#7 FaceOff

FaceOff

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 September 2003 - 02:29 AM

I also have that same problem. And I have no idea how to manage this problem but I do find myself picking them cause they are so annoying just hanging out of pores. And fall off so easily, some of them. Please let us all know if someone finds a solution! Thanks

#8 Mercer

Mercer

Vixen

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 2
About Me

Posted 22 September 2003 - 08:21 AM

I get that sometimes... It's just clogged pores. Just leave them alone. No matter how much you mess with them, they will always come back. Can you see them with the naked eye when just looking at your face? or is it just when you look up close in the mirror after a mask or washing? It's not going to hurt you to use a mask to help them along every now and then, but they will never fully go away. Even people who don't have acne get clogged pores like that. It's normal.

#9 ashersmom

ashersmom

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 September 2003 - 01:59 PM

To help clogged pores, try a cleanser with beta hydroxy acids and/or a moisturizer that has AHA (alpha hydroxy acids). Eucerin makes a good moisturizer called Eucerin Renewal for Sensitive Skin. Also has SPF 15, so you can use it during the day and get SPF protection.

#10 maral

maral

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 September 2003 - 05:25 PM

Have you tried exfoliation?

#11 FaceOff

FaceOff

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 September 2003 - 06:53 PM

Yes I can see those white things just looking at my face. I been thinking about using a moisturizer but don't know if it'll help. What can I use to exfoliate? What will it do?

#12 ashersmom

ashersmom

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 September 2003 - 08:27 PM

Exfoliation: with acne prone skin you want to be very gentle. That's why chemical exfoliation (with alpha hydroxy acids) is best. If you want a physical exfoliation, i recommend baking soda. It's better than other scrubs b/c the grains are smaller and more even than the 'grains' in apricot scrubs, etc. you can use a tiny bit just on a small area to test first, and see if it irritates your skin.

Try washing your face with your usual cleanser, and then take a small amount (maybe 1 tsp or 1/2 tsp) of regular baking soda in your palm. with your damp fingers, tap the baking soda and rub onto your damp face. Try testing this on a small area of your face the first night. Rub a bit, not too long, and then rinse very well to make sure the soda gets off your skin.

i do this maybe once a day, usually at night, in the shower when i wash my face. You could mix it with your cleanser, but you do not want the baking soda near your eye area, which is very sensitive. just use a bit where you need it. Give your skin 24 hours to see if it has an allergic reaction to the baking soda before you try it again.

#13 st3rlite

st3rlite

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 September 2003 - 09:44 AM

yeah i can see mine too visbly and im sure its what cuases further whiteheads and zits.. cos of all the clogging.. ive tried exfoliatoin both manual and chemical but stil nothing has helped sad.gif