Photo

Cornsilk

makeup

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
11 replies to this topic

#1 weezle

weezle

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 3
About Me

Posted 11 July 2006 - 10:49 AM

Hi Guys...

I was just wondering if any of you use Cornsilk? I'm from Belgium and we don't have theat stuff here, so whenever my dad goes to the States for his job I ask him to bring me some. It has no color, but it takes away the shine and makes your skin look a lot better... and it's no makeup!

#2 HomelessMentality

HomelessMentality

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 July 2006 - 11:31 AM

I used to have some of that. It worked good with the shine, but it seemed to make me look a little fake because of the matte-ness (but then again, I think almost everything makes me look fake). The smell is a little strong too.

Peace.
HomelessMentality

#3 Ravina

Ravina

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 July 2006 - 07:18 PM

I have been using Cornsilk loose bronzer almost every day for the past six years. I tried a few other bronzers but none of the others that I tried gave me the coverage and the colour (it's not fakey orange) like this one does. It is also great at covering shine. I put it on a couple of times a day, and it doesn't break me out. I imagine the regular (uncoloured) Cornsilk would also be a good product.

#4 BigPore

BigPore

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 July 2006 - 09:22 AM

I really like Cornsilk Translucent Pressed Powder (no color). I don't like the concealers or foundations though.

#5 Carena

Carena

Carena

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 July 2006 - 12:43 AM

Cornsilk has cornstarch in it. I heard that cornstarch feeds the bacteria that causes acne.

#6 sadsadsad

sadsadsad

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 July 2006 - 12:54 AM

very cakey but glad it works for you

#7 BigPore

BigPore

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 July 2006 - 01:00 AM

QUOTE(Carena @ Jul 24 2006, 12:43 AM) View Post

Cornsilk has cornstarch in it. I heard that cornstarch feeds the bacteria that causes acne.

Ingredients
Talc , Juglans Regia Shell Powder Walnut , Kaolin , Triethyl Citrate , Magnesium Stearate , PEG-8 Stearate , Zea Mays Silk Extract Corn , Silk Powder , Dipropylene Glycol , Centella Asiatica Extract Gotu Kola , Echinacea Angustifolia Leaf Extract Coneflower , Rosmarinus Officinalis Leaf Extract Rosemary , Cymbopogon Schoenanthus Extract Lemongrass , Mentha Piperita Leaf Extract Peppermint , SD Alcohol 40-B , Ascorbyl Palmitate , Tocopherol Acetate , Retinyl Palmitate , Allyl Methacrylates Crosspolymer , Water , Butylene Glycol , Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract Green Tea , Fragrance , Imidazolidinyl Urea , Methylparaben , Propylparaben , Iron Oxides , Mica , Titanium Dioxide , Ultramarines

#8 The_Snow_Queen

The_Snow_Queen

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 3
About Me

Posted 24 July 2006 - 06:54 AM

QUOTE(BigPore @ Jul 24 2006, 12:00 AM) View Post

QUOTE(Carena @ Jul 24 2006, 12:43 AM) View Post

Ingredients
Talc , Juglans Regia Shell Powder Walnut , Kaolin , Triethyl Citrate , Magnesium Stearate , PEG-8 Stearate , Zea Mays Silk Extract Corn , Silk Powder , Dipropylene Glycol , Centella Asiatica Extract Gotu Kola , Echinacea Angustifolia Leaf Extract Coneflower , Rosmarinus Officinalis Leaf Extract Rosemary , Cymbopogon Schoenanthus Extract Lemongrass , Mentha Piperita Leaf Extract Peppermint , SD Alcohol 40-B , Ascorbyl Palmitate , Tocopherol Acetate , Retinyl Palmitate , Allyl Methacrylates Crosspolymer , Water , Butylene Glycol , Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract Green Tea , Fragrance , Imidazolidinyl Urea , Methylparaben , Propylparaben , Iron Oxides , Mica , Titanium Dioxide , Ultramarines

"Cornstarch. Starch obtained from corn and sometimes used as an absorbent in cosmetics instead of talc. However, when cornstarch becomes moist, it can promote fungal and bacterial growth (Source: www.radiation-oncology.com/homecare/html/skin_13.htm)."

http://www.cosmetics...a...SEARCH&ID=C

It also contains other problematic ingredients like rosemary extract, peppermint, and SD alcohol 40, but I don't know how much of a risk these pose since they're not the main ingredients of the powder.

#9 girl2006

girl2006

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 July 2006 - 12:11 PM

does it help with oily skin

#10 Carena

Carena

Carena

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 August 2006 - 07:50 PM

Zea Mays Silk Extract Corn = Cornstarch

Corn Silk has cornstarch in it and so does the Bare Minerals Mineral Veil. I've read about corn starch feeding the bacteria that causes acne in more than one place. One was a website of which I don't recall the URL. The other was in this book:

The Beauty Bible: The Ultimate Guide to Smart Beauty by Paula Begoun

The information is also repeated in the author's website:

"If you're battling multiple blemishes you should be aware that one of the main ingredients in this product is cornstarch, which is a food-based ingredient that potentially can cause an increase in the bacteria responsible for blemishes."

It is also listed as an ingredient to avoid (along with other ingredients present in Corn Silk) in this article:

How to Be Gentle to your Skin

#11 MeredithC

MeredithC

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 2
About Me

Posted 04 August 2006 - 08:30 AM

QUOTE(Carena @ Aug 3 2006, 08:50 PM) View Post

Zea Mays Silk Extract Corn = Cornstarch

Corn Silk has cornstarch in it and so does the Bare Minerals Mineral Veil. I've read about corn starch feeding the bacteria that causes acne in more than one place. One was a website of which I don't recall the URL. The other was in this book:

The Beauty Bible: The Ultimate Guide to Smart Beauty by Paula Begoun

The information is also repeated in the author's website:

"If you're battling multiple blemishes you should be aware that one of the main ingredients in this product is cornstarch, which is a food-based ingredient that potentially can cause an increase in the bacteria responsible for blemishes."

It is also listed as an ingredient to avoid (along with other ingredients present in Corn Silk) in this article:

How to Be Gentle to your Skin

I agree. This powder was always too heavy and cakey. I wore it at the height of my acne and I think it made it worse (but it could have been the age)

#12 genazitzelsberger6@gmail

genazitzelsberger6@gmail

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 June 2010 - 11:32 PM

QUOTE (weezle @ Jul 11 2006, 11:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi Guys...

I was just wondering if any of you use Cornsilk? I'm from Belgium and we don't have theat stuff here, so whenever my dad goes to the States for his job I ask him to bring me some. It has no color, but it takes away the shine and makes your skin look a lot better... and it's no makeup!

cornsilk makeup by sally hansen beauty products is a blessing when it comes to acne also dial antibacterial bar soap the yellow one lots of water low sugar low caffine low stress good luck with that haha these products are sold on the internet also oleic acid topical gel form reduces production of excess oil use only once a month!! i had horrible acne nothing else worked these things i was told to use were from a estitition and my male gynecologist it worked. same thing doesnt work for everyone but all these people saying it causes acne are promoting another product and seem yto have identical info you be the judge

good luck gena

Edited by genazitzelsberger6@gmail, 06 June 2010 - 11:40 PM.