Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What can I do about a greasy forehead?

22 posts in this topic

My face gets greasy as hell so easily, but I don't know what I can do about it. I tried washing my face more often, but it has the same results. My forehead is the place where all my biggest cysts come from and I want to get rid of them. What should I do to un-grease the forehead?

chuck on some proactiv repairing lotion its got that benzoyl peroxide shit that gets rid of all the oil and bacteria.

the main thing to do with ppl with oily skin is to exfoliate..and i use baking soda..and it has cut down my oily problem somewhat

[removed by sigbot--dimensions break rules]

I will suggest finding product that control oils. I have seen some asian product lines carrying such product online. If I remember correctly, Lancome, Vichy has these line that regulates over-active oil gland. Also, use the makeup blotting paper more frequently.

Morning routine:

Whitia Cleansing/Burts Bees Cleansing Gel

Kose lotion toner

Eurocin Gel containing topical clindamycin 1% (to treat occasional zits)

Ordicine Scar Remover Gel

Aveeno Calming Effect SPF 15/Clarin UV Protection

Night:

Whitia Cleansing/Burts Bees Cleansing Gel

St. Ives Apricot Scrub (every other day)

Burts Bee carrot seed toner/Thayers toners

Eurocin Gel containing topical clindamycin 1% (to treat occasional zits)

Ordicine Scar Remover Gel

Kose Emulsion/Elizabeth Arden Night Serum

Mask:

Kose Herbal Esthetic Mask

Various Paper mask

Kose Collagen Mask

My acne progress: http://adultacne.googlepages.com/home

Are any of these permanent solutions or do I need medicine to remedy this?

I've been using a Triaz wash for a while and its kinda reduced the grease.

My face gets greasy as hell so easily, but I don't know what I can do about it. I tried washing my face more often, but it has the same results. My forehead is the place where all my biggest cysts come from and I want to get rid of them. What should I do to un-grease the forehead?

do not wash your face more than 2 time a day..it will cause your face to become overdry and thus when your face is dry..it will produce more oil naturally to combat the dryness and therefore u have more oily skin!

Using oil blotting paper to dab away excessive oil will be a good way to keep your face less shiny :angel:

do not wash your face more than 2 time a day..it will cause your face to become overdry and thus when your face is dry..it will produce more oil naturally to combat the dryness and therefore u have more oily skin!

Using oil blotting paper to dab away excessive oil will be a good way to keep your face less shiny :angel:

This is true, overwashing used to make me shine when I was younger.

The skin handles approximately 10% of body elimination.

-altmedicine.about.com

The "Great Urban Myth" marches on!! :D

Bryan

I have a really oily forehead too. To the point where sometimes it can look as if I have thrown a chip pan full of fat on my forehead!!!! I take B5 to control it, I also hardly touch it when i am washing, as overwashing causes it to get worse.

B5 seems to have toned it down.

Bryan

we should write to the Mythbusters :}

Bryan

we should write to the Mythbusters :}

That'd be awesome. hehe.

Regimen:

Morning- Brevoxyl? 4 % face wash

Night- 4% Brevoxyl face wash and differin

Bryan

Is the "myth" the idea that overwashing causes the body to compensate by producing more sebum? I've heard such contradictory things on this subject... i.e. applying moisturizer decreases sebum because your skin "detects" the presence of moisture, or contrastingly, that the body pumps out a set amount of sebum no matter what, so nothing topical (except maybe retinoids) would have an effect... Hmm...

Bryan

It may be a myth that your body will compensate for excessive dryness by producing more oil, however his advice is still valuable. Washing your face too many times daily--more than twice a day as a general rule--will dry your skin out and cause unnecessary irritation. It's just something to keep in mind.

[sig-img:248]

Is the "myth" the idea that overwashing causes the body to compensate by producing more sebum?

Yes. Exactly. It's not the function of the sebaceous glands to "compensate" for anything. They just do their thing (making sebum) steadily and relentlessly! :)

I've heard such contradictory things on this subject... i.e. applying moisturizer decreases sebum because your skin "detects" the presence of moisture, or contrastingly, that the body pumps out a set amount of sebum no matter what, so nothing topical (except maybe retinoids) would have an effect... Hmm...

The latter is correct: your glands pump out a set amount of sebum on a continuous basis. Certain drugs and hormones can alter the general rate that they do that, including androgens, estrogens, and (obviously) retinoids. But simply washing your skin isn't going to have any effect on it. The scientific evidence on that is clear.

It may be a myth that your body will compensate for excessive dryness by producing more oil, however his advice is still valuable. Washing your face too many times daily--more than twice a day as a general rule--will dry your skin out and cause unnecessary irritation. It's just something to keep in mind.

Agreed.

Bryan

i use milk of magnesia mask.

60mgs soret daily

omega complete daily

Mankind must put an end to war,or war will put an end to mankind.

Queen Helene's mask are great and inexpensive .. the Clay, Mint Julep and Grapeseed mask .. i love them. NeoStrata has a gel you put on ur face suppose to control oil .. Biore has one too (expensive tho) .. Exfoliating does helpa great deal .. it makes u much mroe oily at first but afterwards ur skin will balance out.

how about accutane, I use only 20 mg a day for now, and only after 2 weeks, I have only 1 very small pimple on my chin. And the best thing is, no oil except a little bit on my nose.

1. Neutrogena Cleansing Bar for Acne-Prone Skin

2. Neutrogena Blackhead Eliminating Daily Scrub

3. Shiseido Bio-Performance Super Eye Contour Cream

4. Neutrogena On-the-Spot Acne Treatment

6. Kirkland brand daily multi-vitamins & minerals

7. sleeping before 12am.

u cant just go on accutane tho .. u have to have severe acne bc of all the possible health risks u wont get accutane just for some oily skin.