Irish Spring soap

1 reply to this topic

#1 bluespigot

bluespigot

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 July 2006 - 07:54 PM

I've used Irish Spring soap on my face for years.... recently I tried switching to Dove sensitive skin because I've heard that harsher things are bad for the face, but it just seemed to allow pimples to grow larger and my skin to become bumpier in general...

I just feel the Irish spring stuff wash away the mild bumps on my face and dry out developing pimples...

My fear though is that in the long run, it's a bad thing to use because it might be harsh? I don't want to give up something that seems to have its benefits... Also, I read the ingredients and noticed that it doesn't have sodium laureth sulfate.

It's strange because everyone says to use milder things on the face, but maybe stronger stuff has its benefits...

#2 soundtrack2mylife

soundtrack2mylife

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 July 2006 - 10:52 AM

QUOTE(bluespigot @ Jul 1 2006, 08:54 PM) View Post

I've used Irish Spring soap on my face for years.... recently I tried switching to Dove sensitive skin because I've heard that harsher things are bad for the face, but it just seemed to allow pimples to grow larger and my skin to become bumpier in general...

I just feel the Irish spring stuff wash away the mild bumps on my face and dry out developing pimples...

My fear though is that in the long run, it's a bad thing to use because it might be harsh? I don't want to give up something that seems to have its benefits... Also, I read the ingredients and noticed that it doesn't have sodium laureth sulfate.

It's strange because everyone says to use milder things on the face, but maybe stronger stuff has its benefits...

I've noticed that too, I used to use Irish Spring for awhile, it happened when I ran out of whatever product I was using. Yeah, it does seem to make bumps go away, but I think that it only helps the milder acne, because it actually just dries it out. I noticed, that if I had any facial hair that I would get completely dried out. I dont think its good for everyday use. I am clear using OXY mAx Strength Wash

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users