Photo

My skin, after 10 years, is perfect with hormone ACUPUNCTURE

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
23 replies to this topic

#1 Apple_Blossem

Apple_Blossem

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 June 2006 - 06:56 AM

I've had terrible acne for ten years. I've tried every product and every diet and regime. Because of looking for a cure, I've ended up a water-drinking raw vegan, LOL. No white sugar or flour or choclate. No fried or fatty foods. But the acne didn't even let up.

I changed soaps and even started cleaning with olive oil and water (which was used in the Greek days) looking for allergies.

Anyway, I did the hormone balancing full-body acupuncture. My acne was so bad that my mom thought I had a disease... every pore on my face was filled with oil. I sometimes skipped school because the infections would get pretty bad.

About 2 months ago, I took a chance and did the acupuncture. 3 sessions a week. On the fifth session (1.5 weeks later), I noticed a big difference. My skin glowed and healed faster. By the seventh sessions, I reduced my acne medication in half and my skin stayed perfect. By the tenth session, I could forget my medication all together and my skin would stay perfect for many days... until a tiny, tiny pimple would appear.

I'm on my last session now - the twelth and my skin is perfect without my medication.

For people with just a few blemishes, I dont think it would take 12 sessions to heal your acne. Maybe only six.

Each session was $45 dollars. The "Needles" arent really needles -- they are as thick as a hair and sit just under the skin. There's no blood. Doesn't hurt. I'm very very satisfied.

#2 penderrin

penderrin

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 June 2006 - 07:14 AM

thanks a lot for sharing! you must be a chinese hhmmm?

#3 Guest_frogprince_*

Guest_frogprince_*
  • Guests
  • Posts & Likes

Posted 27 June 2006 - 07:59 AM

congratz on your skin

my question is:
you said that diet didn't make a difference at the beginning

but how about now?
even with your clear skin - what is the type of diet you eat? do you eat just about anything and you still have clear skin?

#4 Ell-

Ell-

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 June 2006 - 08:02 AM

lol (most people that I know who get acupuncture are NOT Chinese)

Appleblosson you must be so happy! Thats awesome. Ive heard many many good things about acupuncture through people's personal experience.

I'm curious in which places did you get the needles placed was it mainly on your face arms and legs or all over your body?

#5 Apple_Blossem

Apple_Blossem

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 June 2006 - 08:18 AM

I'm not chinese, hehe. I just read in a magazine that it helped acne.

I did the Full-body acupuncture (dont do the ear or foot acupuncture).

There were about eight "needles"...which were as thin as a hair.

Two were in my footsies. One in each arm. One was inserted about 2 inches under my belly button. two were placed near my hips... kinda between the hip bone and the middle of my stomach... but lower down - around the new modern "low waistline."

None of them hurt. There wasnt any blood. It's like sliding a needle under the first layer of skin which draws no blood and you cant feel it (if any of you were bored and tried that when you were a child...if you had callouses).

---

Well, my diet is the same right now. Although diet never made any difference for my acne, I know it made a huge difference in other ways. Exampe: Not many people know that dairy and meat cause Osteoporosis (which kills more women than Breast Cancer). The United Dairy Industry keeps pushing for us to get Calcium through milk/cheese... however:

The Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine (PCRM) says that meat and dairy cause bones to litterly desolve in the bloodstream because of the high amount of sulfur-containing amino acids in animal protein (meat & dairy) which is the leading cause of Osteoporosis.

That's why Eskimos have the highest problem of Osteoporsis in the world (Fish is one of the main staples of their diet). Next is Norway/Sweden because of high dairy use. Then us - North America. You can't take Calcium supplements while on a animal protein diet because your body is draining the calcium too fast for you to keep up with it sad.gif.

Now I just drink water and am almost vegan. I'm not a stict vegan - there are particles of egg in noodles tht I eat, etc. It certainly has been fun. Eating fresh pizzas, soups, smoothies, pastas, lasangas, veggie salads, chilis, whole grain cakes and cookies and pies (using nectar for sugar...mmmm smile.gif), veggie sushi, tofu omlettes etc etc. I kinda like where I've come because I dont have to worry about my weight. I adjusted very well to the all-natural lifestyle. I saw the free video at http://www.meat.org ... And that propelled me in to the healthier lifestyle that I'm living today (who would have guessed? tongue.gif). Then my bf saw it and he changed his entire lifestyle as well. Then my friend saw it, etc smile.gif.... So that's where I am now smile.gif

#6 SnowSurfer1492

SnowSurfer1492

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 June 2006 - 09:03 AM

I refuse to watch that video, I am perfectly fine eating meat thanks.

#7 Ell-

Ell-

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 June 2006 - 09:11 AM

hahah my boyfriend refused to watch the video as well cause hes a macho hockey player grrrr and he like his meat BUT! i MADE HIM do it eusa_angel.gif . So he got really pissed off cause it affected his whole : I see and hear nothing, meat comes this way on my plate mentality. He only eats white meat now, hey at least its something.

#8 Apple_Blossem

Apple_Blossem

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 1
About Me

Posted 27 June 2006 - 10:22 AM

That's cool and funny smile.gif.

Now that my mom is older, she notices that when she eats red meat she can't sleep at night because her bones ache in her hips. Kinda scares me and I hope that she'll be ok.

#9 Marrakech

Marrakech

The first wealth is health.

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 June 2006 - 11:30 AM

QUOTE(penderrin @ Jun 27 2006, 08:14 AM) View Post

thanks a lot for sharing! you must be a chinese hhmmm?

This is the dumbest sh*t i've heard ..

#10 struggle

struggle

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 June 2006 - 02:59 PM

Wow... Just watched the meat video. Wanted to stop watching it but I watched the whole thing. I just downloaded the vegetarian starter guide. Thanks for the link.

#11 Shining Arcanine

Shining Arcanine

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 June 2006 - 08:22 PM

I am half Chinese and I do not get acupuncture.

#12 LuckyMan

LuckyMan

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 June 2006 - 05:44 AM

QUOTE(Shining Arcanine @ Jun 28 2006, 03:22 AM) View Post

I am half Chinese and I do not get acupuncture.

Not even on the Chinese half?

#13 redmarkedgirl

redmarkedgirl

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 June 2006 - 08:45 AM

Hi Apple Blossom,
Congratulations to you on getting your acne taken care of!

Could you give me some details on what your acne was like - did it occur around your period time or was it all of the time...what are the hormones that are targeted with acupuncture - like what were they attempting to fix - less free testosterone circulating or androgens or do they even explain it?

I'm looking at all of my options to "correct" whatever hormones malfunction around ovulation/period time and cause my acne on the sides of my face.

Did you know that your hormone levels were abnormal - as in a laboratory test? I've had my bloodwork done twice and all tests were normal so I know that the hormones aren't that far off - just enough to fuck my face up! ( ;

#14 Apple_Blossem

Apple_Blossem

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 June 2006 - 06:53 AM

My acne: Every pore on my face was full of white oil. My hair was oily too... The day after I would wash it... it looked wet and sticky again. I had blackheads all over. My skin was actually swollen from the oil pockets. I would try to remove the most full pockets because they were so uncomfortable, but that would usualy lead to infection. So lots of people thought I had chickenpox. It was not cyclic... It was always there.... since I turned twelve. So I know it was hormonal because it appeared at puberty.
The acupuncturist said he would "balance my hormones." I have no idea how he did this -- but he asked me about my menstrual cramps, etc. He said I'd notice that my menstrual cramps would get better, my acne, and my PMS.
I didnt really believe him -- I didn't tell him I had dyssemorhea (however you spell it) -- really bad cramps for no reason at all. But within 5 days of starting the treatment, I noticed my terrible cramps completely disappeared. I also noticed that I had always lost about one hundred hairs every day in the hairbrush, etc... but have only lost one hair per day since starting the treatment. I also noticed that all signs of PMS went away ... I dont cry anymore and lost my depression cycles. My skin glows now. My cycle was never on a schedule... probably having to do with hormones. It stil isnt, but I can't complain. The acupuncturist has done so much already for me smile.gif. But, yes, I knew all of these had to do with hormones.

I really have no idea what he did. I asked him if AcuPRESSURE would work just as well -- but he said "no" because the body is liquid... and filled with electrolytes. He said we were tapping into the energy running through my body with the metal "Needles" ... and allowing those special points to have be readjusted by outside energy forces (I guess the type that we can't see for the TV and microwave?

I somehow believe him since its logical -- its like changing and charging a battery... how you can run currents through glasses of salt water.

#15 v_singh

v_singh

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 05 January 2008 - 06:07 AM

congratulations on your skin ! i never thought that acupuncture could help acne ... my mum is a physiotherapist and specializes in acupuncture so i might give it a go ... my acne has cleard up on my face ( still got the brown marks though) but my back is still quite bad... worth a shot

#16 sunandmoon

sunandmoon

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 March 2009 - 07:47 AM

QUOTE (Apple_Blossem @ Jun 27 2006, 02:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I've had terrible acne for ten years. I've tried every product and every diet and regime. Because of looking for a cure, I've ended up a water-drinking raw vegan, LOL. No white sugar or flour or choclate. No fried or fatty foods. But the acne didn't even let up.

I changed soaps and even started cleaning with olive oil and water (which was used in the Greek days) looking for allergies.

Anyway, I did the hormone balancing full-body acupuncture. My acne was so bad that my mom thought I had a disease... every pore on my face was filled with oil. I sometimes skipped school because the infections would get pretty bad.

About 2 months ago, I took a chance and did the acupuncture. 3 sessions a week. On the fifth session (1.5 weeks later), I noticed a big difference. My skin glowed and healed faster. By the seventh sessions, I reduced my acne medication in half and my skin stayed perfect. By the tenth session, I could forget my medication all together and my skin would stay perfect for many days... until a tiny, tiny pimple would appear.

I'm on my last session now - the twelth and my skin is perfect without my medication.

For people with just a few blemishes, I dont think it would take 12 sessions to heal your acne. Maybe only six.

Each session was $45 dollars. The "Needles" arent really needles -- they are as thick as a hair and sit just under the skin. There's no blood. Doesn't hurt. I'm very very satisfied.

Hi, Apple_Blossem:

I know you submitted this post a while ago, but I wanted to ask you a few questions since I am also trying out acupuncture to see if I can heal my acne.

I´ve had acne that varies from mild to severe and does not respond to any sort of topical or antibiotic medication for the last 16 years. I´ve gone to countless dermatologists without success and now I´ve moved on to more alternative types of healthcare. Homeopathy and probiotics did help me for a while but never got rid of the problem and soon after it lost its effectiveness. My acne seems to respond to some treatments at first but then it all comes back. I´m now seeing a Dr. that specializes in acupuncture. I get one treatment once a week and I´ve been told that it will take 8 to 10 treatments to heal, although of course there are no guarantees, since all cases are different. I´ve already had 4 treatments and have not yet seen any signs of improvement. I was wondering if you think I should be more patient and see the treatment through. Does it take a while for one to see results? Also, once you saw results in your case, were the effects permanent? Does acupuncture offer complete healing, or does it simply help for a while. I´m really hoping your excellent results were longlasting. whistling.gif)

Hope you can get back to me. Would really appreciate your advice and feedback. Best of luck to you!

-Sunandmoon

#17 Zanpakutou

Zanpakutou

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 13 March 2009 - 09:43 PM

Obviously this is simply my opinion, but I believe acupuncture provides a really nice and expensive "placebo" effect. Don't waste any more of your money. I would suggest researching acupuncture, and not only look at supporting information but also what others are saying who oppose it.

#18 ShirleyB

ShirleyB

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 April 2009 - 10:32 PM

QUOTE (sunandmoon @ Mar 13 2009, 05:47 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (Apple_Blossem @ Jun 27 2006, 02:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hi, Apple_Blossem:

I know you submitted this post a while ago, but I wanted to ask you a few questions since I am also trying out acupuncture to see if I can heal my acne.

I´ve had acne that varies from mild to severe and does not respond to any sort of topical or antibiotic medication for the last 16 years. I´ve gone to countless dermatologists without success and now I´ve moved on to more alternative types of healthcare. Homeopathy and probiotics did help me for a while but never got rid of the problem and soon after it lost its effectiveness. My acne seems to respond to some treatments at first but then it all comes back. I´m now seeing a Dr. that specializes in acupuncture. I get one treatment once a week and I´ve been told that it will take 8 to 10 treatments to heal, although of course there are no guarantees, since all cases are different. I´ve already had 4 treatments and have not yet seen any signs of improvement. I was wondering if you think I should be more patient and see the treatment through. Does it take a while for one to see results? Also, once you saw results in your case, were the effects permanent? Does acupuncture offer complete healing, or does it simply help for a while. I´m really hoping your excellent results were longlasting. whistling.gif)

Hope you can get back to me. Would really appreciate your advice and feedback. Best of luck to you!

-Sunandmoon

I am also starting my acupuncture treatment, today was my 2nd session. My acupuncturist said it'll take 6-7 sessions to see the difference. So far I've noticed no difference but it's still too early to tell. Need to be patient I guess. I did google this and there are researches over in China with results. Sunandmoon, where did your acupuncturist put the needles in? I got mine on my hands, legs, and my problemetic chin area (also once on my head), I guess the puncture points need rotations. Keep us updated with your progress.

#19 Wynne

Wynne

Look into kitty's eyes....you're feeling polite and kind

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 April 2009 - 10:49 PM

The original poster no longer posts here.

#20 aqua1981

aqua1981

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 December 2010 - 11:45 PM

QUOTE (SnowSurfer1492 @ Jun 28 2006, 04:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I refuse to watch that video, I am perfectly fine eating meat thanks.

We eat meat and let's admit it, just like lions, tigers and other animals.
But Lions and tigers don't lock their food in a shed and torture them.

I eat meat but only FREE RANGE meat. No, I don't drink milk as to give you milk, calves have to die and I am just not as hard as you who can ignore all these facts.

I eat chooks only when I know they were happy chooks.

If I lock you up with 100 million people in a small shed under strong light every day (you get fed by modified food which boost your weight and you sleep next to sick/dead bodies, oh, maybe you don't even get a chance to sleep under that light, who knows..), do you think you will be very happy and healthy and won't grow any ugly tumors inside your body?

From both the health point of view and the animal cruelty point of view, we shouldn't eat commercially farmed animals.