red mark

4 replies to this topic

#1 masonjc

masonjc

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 June 2006 - 02:04 PM

Hi all, this is my first post on this forum. I havent posted before as my acne hasnt been getting me down as much as it is lately. Im 18 years old and ive never really suffered with 'bad' acne in the sense that ive never had a face full of spots. Instead ive got small flesh coloured lumps all over my forehead and by my nose and underneath my eyes and on my cheeks. I also have numerous red patches where it looks like spots have come and gone but left a red mark. I have numerous and large pores on my face, these pores eem to contain hard white 'beads' which when i rub my nose fall out. I have severe acne on my back and chest aswell. I was on oxyteracycline for two months, it worked wonders for everything, but i had an allergic reaction and came out in a bad rash all over my arms so i had to stop using it. I used to wear fake tan a lot on my face to hide various blemishes but i think this may have caused some of the problem. I feel very self conscious as im very pale with many moles and freckles. it just seems like i never have any luck. I am visiting the doctors tommoro but i reckon there will be no drugs he can give me as i am now probably allergic to the antibiotics. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

#2 Rache

Rache

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 June 2006 - 12:59 PM

Sounds like what I have...Its on the majority of my cheeks, round of my chin and in the middle of my forehead. Mine get itchy. They feel rough, dry, and sometimes there's little flakies on the skin..I have no clue what it might be. I am thinking its my rash, its healing itself, but its still there..just not as red and irritated as it was before.
Morning

Eucerin Redness Relief Cleanser
Ice any pimples for a couple minutes
Derma E Tea Tree and E antiseptic moisteriser
Spot treat any pimples through out the day with proplis extract treatment(or) Oil of Oregano.

Evening
Eucerin Redness Relief Cleanser
Ice any pimples for a couple mins
Spot treat any pimples through out the day with proplis extract treatment(or) Oil of Oregano.
Derma E Tea Tree and E antiseptic moisteriser

Exfoliate twice a week with: "Anew Clincal- micro-exfoliant"

2,000mg's of GLA "Borage oil"+1 per dose Letchin with milk.

#3 bluespigot

bluespigot

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 June 2006 - 08:05 PM

I read (in another thread) that hte little white flakey/ stringy things are dead bacteria / dried sebum coming out of the pores. I have the same issue and am not sure what to do about it (exfoliating is not a permanent solution).

#4 QualityAssurance

QualityAssurance

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 June 2006 - 10:35 PM

what products do you use? certain products cause the same symptoms you describe on me..

#5 starrybabe21

starrybabe21

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 June 2006 - 06:16 AM

QUOTE(masonjc @ Jun 21 2006, 09:04 PM) View Post

Hi all, this is my first post on this forum. I havent posted before as my acne hasnt been getting me down as much as it is lately. Im 18 years old and ive never really suffered with 'bad' acne in the sense that ive never had a face full of spots. Instead ive got small flesh coloured lumps all over my forehead and by my nose and underneath my eyes and on my cheeks. I also have numerous red patches where it looks like spots have come and gone but left a red mark. I have numerous and large pores on my face, these pores eem to contain hard white 'beads' which when i rub my nose fall out. I have severe acne on my back and chest aswell. I was on oxyteracycline for two months, it worked wonders for everything, but i had an allergic reaction and came out in a bad rash all over my arms so i had to stop using it. I used to wear fake tan a lot on my face to hide various blemishes but i think this may have caused some of the problem. I feel very self conscious as im very pale with many moles and freckles. it just seems like i never have any luck. I am visiting the doctors tommoro but i reckon there will be no drugs he can give me as i am now probably allergic to the antibiotics. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Hey im totally new to this whole forum... but acne getting me down too sad.gif
wen i was reading your post i noticed your face is EXACTLY like mine!! i mean i would not consider my face "bad" acne but it annoys me. i get rather large spots on my cheek that take AGES to go and then as a reminder leave red marks evil.gif but then wen i have no spots (rarely) my face is always full of bumps under the skin (mainly my forehead and chin and around my lips) my cheeks mainly get the spots althought they have these lumps too.
After pure desperation i tried searching for advice online..althought i have been doing for the past 2 years cry.gif
i started looking into my diet as the cause and OMG am i happy biggrin.gif i cut out refined sugar cause apparently acne sufferers have a problem with sugar (90% acne diet related 10% hormones) and insulin isnt digested properly (long explanation we dont need to know biggrin.gif ) and since i basically lived on bread ( ilove bread and butter - yes im weird lol) i just stopped like 3 days ago and began eating fruit and veg!! Im also takin starflower oil capsules (5oomg - 2 a day) and a mulitivitamin to help but also heard that eating two raw carrots a day is beneficial because of the Beta-carotene converted to Vitamin A or something - basically eat it !lol
Anyway i usually feel guilty writing because its not BAAD acne but it still gets me down. At the moment my face is actually quite dry but the spots are scaly like so i have sudocrem on them (helping!!!!) and am going to get my hands on some "Bio oil" to help wit scaring...i really think you should try:
not to eat refined sugar such as bread, white flour, pasta etc brown bread is actually lovely and brown pasta and stuff
Try not to eat ANY processed foods for 2 weeks or keep to a MINIMUM
Drink 2 - 3 litres of water a day! with lemon if possible!
Eat loads of fruit for fibre - prevents a sluggish digestive system which i believe is what i have!

My success - well after 2 days the bumps in my skin are like...i dont no where actually, my skin doesnt feel HALF as clogged and i have NO NEW spots (strange) that i can usually feel forming beneath my skin by now biggrin.gif

Seriously give it a shot, what have you got to loose? I know this is only my first post and i probably havent a clue what im talking about but i just came across your post and it sounded very similar to my skin and so far this new "diet" is workin biggrin.gif

Take Care eusa_angel.gif xxx

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users