2 replies to this topic

#1 XXXAAA

XXXAAA

xxxaaa

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 June 2006 - 11:54 PM

Hello all! I usually post in the Scar Treatments forum, but thought I'd let some of you know here that I use IMAN makeup.

I'm a long-term user (since high school...now I'm 23)...It's good for darker skin tones. I've found that it doesn't look cakey no matter how much I put on (I don't have active acne, but I'll get an occasional pimple that will leave a blemish, and it covers well).

Specifically, I use their Second to None - Cream to Powder Foundation. It comes in a compact form, like those powder compacts, but it's actually foundation. It's exactly how it's named -- cream to powder, because it feels like a powder, but covers like a foundation.

It used to be sold at Nordstrom and Macy's I think, but now it's sold only online. I did some research and found out that you can buy it at their website: http://www.imanbeauty.com ...BUT it costs $21.00 a pop...On ebay, I get it for $10.99 each...I always get mine from ebay...

I haven't used any other makeup since I found IMAN...haven't tried any other IMAN product except the foundation I mentioned above, maybe they have some other things that you guys might like......well, I'll check back here if you guys have any questions, or you can PM me...otherwise, you'll find me in Scar Treatments!

#2 LabGirl81

LabGirl81

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 11
About Me

Posted 22 June 2006 - 05:20 AM

QUOTE(sailette123 @ Jun 19 2006, 01:54 AM) View Post

Hello all! I usually post in the Scar Treatments forum, but thought I'd let some of you know here that I use IMAN makeup.

I'm a long-term user (since high school...now I'm 23)...It's good for darker skin tones. I've found that it doesn't look cakey no matter how much I put on (I don't have active acne, but I'll get an occasional pimple that will leave a blemish, and it covers well).

Specifically, I use their Second to None - Cream to Powder Foundation. It comes in a compact form, like those powder compacts, but it's actually foundation. It's exactly how it's named -- cream to powder, because it feels like a powder, but covers like a foundation.

It used to be sold at Nordstrom and Macy's I think, but now it's sold only online. I did some research and found out that you can buy it at their website: http://www.imanbeauty.com ...BUT it costs $21.00 a pop...On ebay, I get it for $10.99 each...I always get mine from ebay...

I haven't used any other makeup since I found IMAN...haven't tried any other IMAN product except the foundation I mentioned above, maybe they have some other things that you guys might like......well, I'll check back here if you guys have any questions, or you can PM me...otherwise, you'll find me in Scar Treatments!

Aww...... wub.gif

I'm a white girl (like Sand 02 in Iman), but I used to work for a contract manufacturer, who makes Iman products. I actualy formulated that product (and a line of foundations and the powders with the gold pearl running through it....Kimora uses the same exact formula in her line....saw it at Sephora the other day).

I rememember the Cream to Powder Foundation specifically because it was such a bitch in production because it was almost impossible to pour into the pans. Look on the ingredient label....you should see sorbitan sesquioleate somewhere near the end. I put that in there because it's a great wetting agnet and makes it easier to pour when it's hot.

That was one of my first products I ever formulated.......

If you are having trouble finding it try Ulta.....either online or an Ulta store.......they might have it, although it'll be cheaper on ebay.......
I'm off Accutane!!!!!

Six month course from 9/7/06 to 3/23/07......dosage ranged from 20mg a day to a whopping 120mg/day, giving a huge cumulitive dose of 262.5mg/kg.

I'm clear, but will be using Tazorac for maintnence (and to keep any wrinkles that want to come up at bay)......

So you want to see my acne and 'tane results??? Lab's Gallery

#3 XXXAAA

XXXAAA

xxxaaa

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 June 2006 - 08:52 PM

wow that is pretty cool! thanks! hehe

i use Sand 3, love it!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users