Photo

Upper lip acne

pimple pimples

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
58 replies to this topic

#1 Ernily

Ernily

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 June 2006 - 10:49 PM

Hey. This is my first time posting and I kinda searched to see if anybody has mentioned this topic but I guess not? So, once in a while I get pimples on top of my lip and sometimes they border right on my lipline. At times, they're small but they can be huge and painful. They're really noticeable. Personally, I think this is the worst area for acne. I hope people don't think I have STD's or something. I just thought I'd share that since I'm wondering how many others are suffering like this, as well.
doubt.gif

#2 AllyKat

AllyKat

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 June 2006 - 11:08 PM

I am, especailly right now. I would rather it be anywhere then at my mouth, which is were alot of people look when you talk. My mouth and chin are covered in whiteheads and i have several on the line of my lips and they hurt like hell and that area is too tender to pop.

#3 The_Snow_Queen

The_Snow_Queen

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 3
About Me

Posted 12 June 2006 - 11:12 PM

Sometimes the flouride in toothpaste can contribute to breakouts around the mouth. Unfortunately, flouride is great for cavity prevention.

#4 potatoes

potatoes

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 June 2006 - 11:24 PM

I do. Well, only on my lipline and only on the right end eusa_think.gif. I get it every now and then. I recently had a break out on my chin. Three new ones -- the painful kind -- and after having this stuff under control for months now doubt.gif.

QUOTE(The_Snow_Queen @ Jun 12 2006, 10:12 PM) View Post

Sometimes the flouride in toothpaste can contribute to breakouts around the mouth. Unfortunately, flouride is great for cavity prevention.

Oh, interesting. biggrin.gif

#5 The_Snow_Queen

The_Snow_Queen

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 June 2006 - 01:03 AM

QUOTE(placid @ Jun 12 2006, 10:24 PM) View Post

If you think flourides are contributing to your breakouts, talk to your dentist about fluoride-free alternatives.

#6 AllyKat

AllyKat

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 June 2006 - 01:38 PM

QUOTE(The_Snow_Queen @ Jun 13 2006, 03:03 AM) View Post

If you think flourides are contributing to your breakouts, talk to your dentist about fluoride-free alternatives.

not nessesaritly true, I have to brush my teeth with baking soda because of gingivitis and I have also used bakingsoda as a scrub and spot treatment for my face and its never broken me out. But I still get the lip zits.

#7 The_Snow_Queen

The_Snow_Queen

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 June 2006 - 03:22 PM

QUOTE(AllyKat @ Jun 13 2006, 12:38 PM) View Post

QUOTE(The_Snow_Queen @ Jun 13 2006, 03:03 AM) View Post

not nessesaritly true, I have to brush my teeth with baking soda because of gingivitis and I have also used bakingsoda as a scrub and spot treatment for my face and its never broken me out. But I still get the lip zits.

Everyone's different, but checking to see if fluoride is contributing to breakouts around a person's mouth may be worth looking into for some. There are many different factors as to why someone gets acne, but it helps to at least narrow down any possible causes.

#8 Jim Davidson

Jim Davidson

Beer is good.

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 June 2006 - 04:16 PM

Hi I did a quick google search and got this reference http://www.fluoridea...nders-1975.html

Using tooth paste without floride may actually work for you but it looks 50/50 from the results.

#9 cool as kim deal

cool as kim deal

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 16
About Me

Posted 13 June 2006 - 08:35 PM

I got lip pimples a lot, too. They'd be right on the edge of my lip and often on my upper lip but sometimes on my lower lip too. I get right up to the edge of my lips when I apply Dan's BP and that seems to have done the trick. I think I've only gotten maybe 3 or 4 lip pimples since starting Dan's regimen and they've all been quite small, not those beasts that you mess with and then all of a sudden half your mouth is swollen.

#10 Albeit

Albeit

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 June 2006 - 12:13 AM

Yeah I get acne around my lips too... right at the top corners of my lips... it hurts to pop them too so you just have to wait till they grow out themselves

#11 Rache

Rache

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 June 2006 - 12:36 AM

I get these buggers too, and I get cold sores...eusa_wall.gif

I notice I get lip zit when I wear a certian chap stick I have. Once I stop using it, its gone. Once I use it, its back. So I have narrowed it down to my Care Deepley with Aloe chap stick. It had mineral oil in it..

And now I just use Blistex, and its really really good. Also keeps cold sores away. wink.gif

#12 INSANE

INSANE

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 June 2006 - 01:25 PM

QUOTE(Ernily @ Jun 12 2006, 11:49 PM) View Post

Hey. This is my first time posting and I kinda searched to see if anybody has mentioned this topic but I guess not? So, once in a while I get pimples on top of my lip and sometimes they border right on my lipline. At times, they're small but they can be huge and painful. They're really noticeable. Personally, I think this is the worst area for acne. I hope people don't think I have STD's or something. I just thought I'd share that since I'm wondering how many others are suffering like this, as well.
doubt.gif

Hello fellow sufferer,
i too get zits on my upper lip area and sometimes on my lipline. the ones on my lipline are extremely painful! and red, and very niticible. sometimes i miss a couple days of school because of it eusa_whistle.gif

#13 ~Mind Forest~

~Mind Forest~

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 June 2006 - 07:51 PM

omg -_- I HATE lip acne. I'd rather have it any where on my face but my upper lip/mouth area. I have a big red painful zit on the corner of my mouth right now, and a slightly smaller one on my upper lip close to my nose and a few red marks from a breakout from a couple weeks ago. I'm constantly breaking out there sad.gif

#14 Bella03

Bella03

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 June 2006 - 08:27 PM

OMG>...I thought I was the only one...
i had a few on my lower lip..and it scarred....
They hurt SOOO bad...They wouldn't pop either

they suck so bad,...nothing really worked for me...

#15 Ernily

Ernily

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 June 2006 - 09:06 PM

Wow! Haha. I just try to cover it up with as much foundation & concealer as possible. Of course that doesn't do the trick and it aggravates the pimple even more. cry.gif

#16 Bella03

Bella03

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 June 2006 - 10:32 PM

are you maybe putting your lipgloss on to where it goes outside of your lips?
It could be your lipgloss clogging the pores of the skin around your lips...

#17 Charlotte_88

Charlotte_88

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 June 2006 - 09:34 AM

I have some pretty painfull spots around my lip at the moment! I have about 4 i think... cry.gif they really hurt.. the thing is one is really small and unnoticable but hurts like hell! I quess it has to do with lipstick or lip gloss... because I have been using some lipstick with glitter in it... that must of done it but I dunno... ARGH confussing! I never get spots around my lip and now I have several in one go! ahh. Oh well don't really care anymore. It is whatt it is... it hurts it hurts. Can't do anything else... so they will just have to heal in their own time! confused.gif l

#18 potatoes

potatoes

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 June 2006 - 01:01 PM

QUOTE(The_Snow_Queen @ Jun 13 2006, 12:03 AM) View Post

QUOTE(placid @ Jun 12 2006, 10:24 PM) View Post

I just got one on my upper left. It may be the fluoride but I just don't want to give that up. eusa_shifty.gif
I only get these occasionally. It doesn't bother me as much as getting one on a cheek or my chin.

#19 No I'm Amy

No I'm Amy

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 2
About Me

Posted 19 June 2006 - 12:05 PM

Lately I have been getting ones under the nose and I have two lip ones. It hurts...

#20 carcass

carcass

swarming vulgar mass of infected virulency

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 June 2006 - 12:24 PM

i had one right in the middle on the lip line a while ago. it was massive tbh, i have relatively full lips for a guy as it is, with that spot i couldnt close my lips properly... it was like a beak sad.gif