Photo

Soda causes acne

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
23 replies to this topic

#1 soonerpuppy

soonerpuppy

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 10 June 2006 - 05:42 PM

I heard somewhere that soda causes acne, particularly body acne. Has anyone else heard this? Is it true?

#2 hiimrb

hiimrb

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 10 June 2006 - 08:28 PM

QUOTE(soonerpuppy @ Jun 10 2006, 04:42 PM) View Post

I heard somewhere that soda causes acne, particularly body acne. Has anyone else heard this? Is it true?

Many people experience a link between refined sugar and acne... and theres a hellova lot of refined sugar in soda. I would stay away from it in general, it provides you with no benefits.. I havent drinken soda for over a year now.. I fell in love with alternatives like herbal tea and pure H2O.

-Ryan

#3 santacruz

santacruz

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 June 2006 - 05:25 PM

QUOTE(hiimrb @ Jun 11 2006, 04:28 AM) View Post

QUOTE(soonerpuppy @ Jun 10 2006, 04:42 PM) View Post

Many people experience a link between refined sugar and acne... and theres a hellova lot of refined sugar in soda. I would stay away from it in general, it provides you with no benefits.. I havent drinken soda for over a year now.. I fell in love with alternatives like herbal tea and pure H2O.

-Ryan

I don't think drinking soda causes acne. At least not if you drink reasonable amounts. I haven't noticed any link between sugar and my acne, but of course you might be diffrent. Stay from pure H2O though smile.gif

#4 soonerpuppy

soonerpuppy

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 June 2006 - 05:35 PM

I think I'm going to try drinking nothing but water for two weeks, and see if that helps. If I don't see a difference I'm back to soda though.

#5 Polka

Polka

Snow Princess

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 June 2006 - 05:41 PM

well it would be hard to isolate soda as a cause of acne, and I suppose it wouldn't matter if you drank normal amounts.

#6 ~TEPL0~

~TEPL0~

back from the dead

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 June 2006 - 05:44 PM

of course soda causes acne. That's the first thing every kid learns when they start getting acne: don't drink soda.

#7 Ariventa

Ariventa

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 June 2006 - 06:06 PM

Basically, drinking pop sure as hell isn't going to help anything, acne or otherwise. I kicked the pop habit a few years ago and haven't had any pop since. It's weird, pop tastes horrible now if I take a sip...I can't beieve I ever drank the stuff in the first place given the way it tastes now.

#8 R.S.

R.S.

Senior Administrator

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 June 2006 - 06:10 PM

Yeah, once you're off pop for awhile, the carbonation really gets to you if you try to go back and you wonder why you ever drank it. I'll eat unhealthy foods like ice cream and cookies, but soda just does nothing for me at all.

#9 Denise2

Denise2

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 June 2006 - 06:17 PM

QUOTE(rubber sheep @ Jun 11 2006, 05:10 PM) View Post

Yeah, once you're off pop for awhile, the carbonation really gets to you if you try to go back and you wonder why you ever drank it. I'll eat unhealthy foods like ice cream and cookies, but soda just does nothing for me at all.

Same here. I took a sip of Pepsi a few years ago and spat it out. I havn't drank soda regularly for many years. Cannot believe I grew up on that stuff.

#10 soonerpuppy

soonerpuppy

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 June 2006 - 09:18 PM

I guess I would say it could be a problem because I don't drink "normal" amounts of soda. I drink very excessive amounts. I need to stop. I need a 12 step program.

#11 R.S.

R.S.

Senior Administrator

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 June 2006 - 09:38 PM

Try replacing the sugar you drink in sodas for fruit juices. From there, try replacing those with herbal teas sweetened with honey or agave. From there, sweeten herbel teas with stevia. 3 step program smile.gif

#12 KnowShow

KnowShow

"you need to forgive everyone in your life, and yourself

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 June 2006 - 10:19 AM

what is stevia, and whats wrong with raw honey

#13 mask

mask

Christopher

• Banned
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 June 2006 - 02:19 PM

QUOTE(T∑PLØ @ Jun 11 2006, 05:44 PM) View Post

of course soda causes acne. That's the first thing every kid learns when they start getting acne: don't drink soda.

IPB Image

Not everyone gets acne from pop and such. Alot of acne is Hormonal like mine, i didnt drink coke for a year, it didnt help at all neutral.gif

#14 R.S.

R.S.

Senior Administrator

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 June 2006 - 02:36 PM

Stevia is an herbal sweetener that contains no sugar at all, just steviosides which are 200-300 times sweeter tasting then sugar so you can take it in very small amounts. It has a history of consumption in S. America and hasn't posed any health risk there or in Japan where it's used to sweeten diet sodas. In the US it ran into problems in the early 90's because, I believe it was the people behind Sweet N Low wanted to get it off the market so it wouldn't harm business. After a couple years it came back on due to consumer demand but now can't be labelled as a sweetener - only as a dietary supplement. Either way it's good stuff.

There's nothing wrong with raw honey, but if you could slowly go from worst (Coke) to slightly better (fruit juice) to better still (sweetening herbal teas with honey) to best yet (stevia, no sugar at all), well that's be the healthiest way to go.

#15 ~TEPL0~

~TEPL0~

back from the dead

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 June 2006 - 08:07 AM

QUOTE(Mask @ Jun 12 2006, 02:19 PM) View Post

IPB Image

Not everyone gets acne from pop and such. Alot of acne is Hormonal like mine, i didnt drink coke for a year, it didnt help at all neutral.gif

soda is bad, regardless of whether it causes acne or not. You'll be the one who's the moron when you die from diabetes.

#16 Jen121

Jen121

Jen121

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 June 2006 - 03:44 PM

Sugar causes acne evil.gif

#17 kimmyd

kimmyd

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 June 2006 - 03:15 AM

QUOTE(T∑PLØ @ Jun 13 2006, 09:07 AM) View Post

QUOTE(Mask @ Jun 12 2006, 02:19 PM) View Post

IPB Image

soda is bad, regardless of whether it causes acne or not. You'll be the one who's the moron when you die from diabetes.

It would be much appreciated if you could refrain from insulting other members. Name calling is for mean children...

#18 No I'm Amy

No I'm Amy

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 2
About Me

Posted 20 June 2006 - 09:17 AM

Oh well. He spelt moron"moran". haha..

Anyways, soda isn't good for you anyways. You can afford to go off it and it saves money in the long run. Whenever I have pop, it takes disgusting. I had this one kid that was grape that I liked, but the carbonation made me sick. That's why whenever somebody asks if I want pop at the store, I say, "No thanks. I want lemonade."

Also, artificial sweetener isn't good and diet coke is bad for you. It promotes people to eat more.

#19 Ell-

Ell-

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 June 2006 - 12:18 PM

QUOTE(loveuforever57 @ Jun 20 2006, 11:17 AM) View Post

Oh well. He spelt moron"moran". haha..

Anyways, soda isn't good for you anyways. You can afford to go off it and it saves money in the long run. Whenever I have pop, it takes disgusting. I had this one kid that was grape that I liked, but the carbonation made me sick. That's why whenever somebody asks if I want pop at the store, I say, "No thanks. I want lemonade."

Also, artificial sweetener isn't good and diet coke is bad for you. It promotes people to eat more.

If he spelled brain as "brian" on top of that it would have been even better

And yeah soda/pop whatever you want to call it is not a healthy drink. It's filled with sugars and other crap. In the long run regular intake of crappy foods/drinks like that will have an affect on a person's health and therefore the skin as well.
Just from my experience drinking soda just makes me thirstier.

#20 No I'm Amy

No I'm Amy

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 2
About Me

Posted 20 June 2006 - 12:26 PM

Yeah, soda dehydrates you...