ttomp13

About ttomp13

• Gender Male

Junior Poster
Posted at least 20 different posts
Equate Works Great: I have Before + After Pictures!
on 25/03/2014
This stuff works, and I have the before and after pictures to prove it.<br/>I want you guys to know that Equate works just like Proactiv's 3-step system. It sells for about $12.00 at Walmart, probably depending on where you live. The only reason why I don't give this system a full 5/5 star rating is because it doesn't come with a moisturizer.<br/>Remember folks, we're using Benzoyl Peroxide at 2.5% here, and although this is a less irritating concentration of B.P., and it is the most effective, we still need to be moisturizing.<br/>I like to moisturize with:<br/>* Simple Moisturizer<br/>* 1 Drop of Jojoba Oil<br/>You're going to want to moisturize after using the 3rd step (repairing lotion) of Equate. If Equate is giving you side effects, dry skin, redness, flakiness, etc., then moisturizing is going to make all of the difference in the world.<br/>To people who have had problems, I want you to know that I feel your pain. When I first started using benzoyl peroxide to treat my acne, I was using Proactiv Original, and I had horrible side effects.<br/>The key to successfully treating your acne with products like Equate, is to understand how to use them correctly, use the correct amount, use consistently and be sure to moisturize! Doing all of these things will ensure your success!<br/>That is why I give Equate the review that I do! It's cheap, it's effective, and it's easy to use!<br/>If you want to see my before and after pictures, you can look up Equate's 3-Step Acne System Acne Soldier review on Google! I'd post a link here, but I don't know the rules about posting links in reviews. I just wanted to post my transformation to show you guys that this product is great, and to provide you with a real-life case study to look into!<br/>As always, I love Acne org by Dan Kern the best, but when I'm looking for a quick BP fix, Equate is my go-to product, and I definitely recommend adding it into your arsenal.
WARNING! Avoid 100% Tea Tree Oil!!!!
on 11/03/2014
5% Tea Tree Oil = 5% Benzoyl Peroxide?<br/>Most people here are going to use tea tree oil, because they see that it's been compared to 5% benzoyl peroxide. I read this study as well, and I'm hearing that 5% tea tree oil may still work, as long as you dilute it in a carrier oil or water. Makes sense.<br/>You wouldn't want to slather 100% b.p. all over your face, and the same goes for tea tree oil.<br/>I just wanted to let you guys know, because I'm doing a 15-day study (with daily pictures) on tea tree oil, and using it exactly as you would Dan's Regimen, (just replacing 2.5% b.p. with 100% tea tree) and this is a HUGE mistake. For the sake of science, I'm going to complete my study, which you can follow below:<br/>[link edited out]<br/>This is the first time I have broken out in cystic acne since doing my "acne on purpose," study. Seriously! Avoid 100% tea tree oil like it's the plague.<br/>If this was helpful, feel free to thumb this up, and spread the word so people know to NOT use 100% tea tree oil. Again, 5% may work, but 100% is a huge mistake, and will cause cystic acne! I've seen many other people in the Forum here experiencing similar reactions.<br/>PS: If you are going to dilute tea tree oil, the best way to do it is to go 95ml water and 5ml tea tree oil. That's all "they" mean when they say 2.5% or 5% of something. It's 2.5 parts 'x' and 97.5 parts 'y'.