vivian_

Contact Methods

• ICQ 0
  • Yahoo lyuba_1990@yahoo.com

• Location Chicago, IL

Works great for my body acne
on 01/04/2014
I have used this product for many years, probably 5 or 6. I originally bought it for my face, but found it ineffective in helping me with facial acne. I have struggled with body acne, ranging from occasional cysts to small, but persistent pimples. I started using this scrub on my back and chest, followed up by Proactiv repairing lotion. I have to say, this has helped my body acne TREMENDOUSLY. I tried Proactiv on my face and it didn't do much for it, but somehow, for my back it works great in combination with the St. Ives Blemish scrub.<br/>I must say, it's best to use it while taking a very warm or somewhat hot shower, because the hot water opens up the pores and lets the scrub and the lotion penetrate. At least for me, when my shower is cold, it doesn't seem to be working as well. I have to say that this isn't a complete cure, but my back acne has improved by about 85%. I still get the occasional pimple and I have some scarring left. I once stopped using these products for a week and I started getting little back pimples again, so I went back to my routine and it cleared up again. I also wouldn't recommend overscrubbing, because that can irritate the skin.<br/>Some may wonder if using the scrub every day would irritate the skin, and I say no, because the skin on the back and chest is much tougher than it is on the face. So, I highly recommend this product in conjunction with Proactiv repairing lotion for body acne. I am not sure if it would work as well without the lotion, but it's worth a try. I am giving it 4 stars instead of 5 because it didn't help my face acne. But, otherwise, works great for my back, shoulder and chest blemishes.
on 22/04/2013
I highly recommend this product. I had chin acne that nothing, including BP, worked for. I am overall highly sensitive to BP and this product does not irritate my skin. I had an awful initial breakout - multiple painful cysts on my chin for about a month. I read on this website that many experienced the same thing and stuck it out. Then suddenly, acne started fading and I stopped getting new cysts and now my chin is clear except some scarring spots and occasional breakout. 4 stars instead of 5 for the initial breakout.