Veteran Member

Posted at least 100 different posts

Recent Profile Visitors

7,139 profile views
on 18/05/2013
I've used CeraVe Lotion on and off for a couple of years and never could decide if it caused acne, but I eventually got my acne under control and continued to use CeraVe with no problems. It's a great lightweight moisturizer that sinks into your skin without feeling greasy. I do want to stress "lightweight" because sometimes I feel the need to use multiple applications on certain areas in order to feel moisturized. It's not bad by any means, but it might be too light for some compared to a heavier moisturizer like Lac-Hydrin Five or jojoba oil. My acne facial regimen literally consists of nothing except washing my face with water and applying CeraVe.
on 09/05/2013
I only write reviews for products when I feel confident that I can trace a particular improvement to a particular item, so let me just explain why I'm convinced that drinking olive oil reduces acne for me. One month ago I set out on a new experimental diet to see if it would help my oily skin. I eliminated a number of foods and supplements in favor of a diet more rich in fruits and vegetables. Among the things I eliminated was olive oil. For the past couple of years, I have managed to keep my acne under control except for the occasional blemish, but literally the day after I started this new diet, I started getting new acne almost every single day. After 3 weeks of this I decided to slowly introduce certain things back into my diet, starting with olive oil. The acne breakouts stopped immediately. It's been over a week since I did that and I've had virtually no new acne. I haven't introduced anything back into my diet besides the olive oil. Make of that what you will. I take 2 tablespoons twice a day, sometimes 3 times a day.
on 24/03/2013
I deal with seborrheic dermatitis on my jawline and sometimes I get bad breakouts of pustular acne. This clay provides the quickest results I have ever seen from an acne product. Even something like benzoyl peroxide always took a few days of consistent use to really kill my acne, whereas this mask sucks the life out of my blemishes right away and causes them to die off in about a day. My mixture is roughly 30% apple cider vinegar rather than the suggested 50%. I find this consistency less runny.
on 19/02/2011
This is the first moisturizer I have used in the past 4 or 5 acne-ridden years of my life that I felt was actually making a noticeable difference. I have tried CeraVe, Complex 15, jojoba oil, grapeseed oil, olive oil, petroleum jelly, hyaluronic acid, etc. NOTHING has worked as well as Lac-Hydrin Five.<br/>Which is not to say that it's a miracle worker. It does moisturize and heal skin, but the results are less than amazing. Nevertheless, it's still leagues ahead of CeraVe, my previous moisturizer of choice. And it doesn't seem to clog pores or cause breakouts (I think this is because the lactic acid has a light exfoliating effect).<br/>As a side note, I also applied this to a patch of dried, cracked skin on the heel of my foot that had been causing pain for weeks. The pain went away after 2 days of use. Now THAT was amazing.