juliee

New Member

About juliee

New Member

So glad I stuck with it.
on 20/07/2014
PATIENCE is key for when using differin. I was prescribed differin (0.1%) alongside benzoyl peroxide (2.5%). The first TWO months there was NO change at all, just the usual "purging" and breakout at the beginning. It wasn't until this past week when my skin DRASTICALLY changed. I no longer have closed comedones (which i have had for years!!!) I can't believe it, my skin has never been this clear and ... smooth! I used to be able to "feel" my blackheads and pores on my nose and forehead - not anymore. I don't even have blackheads anymore. What sort of sorcery is this?!?!? Its weird, I don't even recognize my own skin, haven't worn foundation in 2 weeks! Please don't give up, at least give differin a 3 month trial. It doesn't work as fast as benzoyl, but the final effect is huge!<br/>I also want to note that I didn't experience a drying /irritation effect that many seem to have. I actually found benzoyl to be more drying, but I guess everyone is different. I use a cream based one, not clear gel. My doctor told me to use it at night on my forhead, nose and chin. I also had an extraction on the 2nd month mark just to get rid of the pesky deep closed comedones.