LonLonRancher

Silver Reviewer
Reviewed at least 10 products
Best Bargain Facial Cleansing Wipes
on 03/05/2016
Lots of folks swear by these. But unless there's a Big Lots in your area, they may be hard to find. Epielle is a Korean brand (distributed by Kare Way). They come in several varieties including Cucumber, Collagen, Aloe, and more. Usually priced at $1 for 30 wipes or $2 for 60 wipes. They remove make up, dirt, and oil. Gentle on skin.<br/>Given the hype around Korean products these days, I'm not sure why these aren't sold in more stores.
New favorite for adult acne
on 03/09/2014
I recently began using this and I am in LOVE with the results. Throughout my teens and early 20s, I used Clean & Clear astringent. At my youngest, I regularly used the original C&C forumla with good to moderate results. However in my mid 20s I noticed it was becoming too harsh for my skin and switched to the sensitive-skin forulma. Now in my late 20s, I had to make yet another switch because even that was causing irritation. Finding Dickinson's Witch Hazel was nothing short of a miracle. Astringents were drying out, irritating, and just not helping my skin. But this all natural toner has improved my skin so quickly! People are noticing, and I'm feeling so relieved.<br/>The smell is...unique. It took some getting used to. But now, I've actually come to like it. It's described on the package as "botanical". It really smells like damp branches and dusty wild mushrooms. I'm not kidding. But it works!
on 11/07/2014
The convenience and effectiveness of this BC are its main selling points. However I'm really doubting that the mood swings, weight gain, and acne are worth it. Inserted Dec 2013, and by May 2014 I have noticed a major increase in the amount of acne I'm dealing with. I'm 27, and suffering worse than I ever did in my early 20s or even as a teen. My weight used to fluctuate in the 130s, now it floats around in the 140s. Being only 5'1'', it's pretty noticeable on my small frame. What's worse, it seems that it's mainly water weight that I'm carrying around in my middle and upper arms. After joining a local health club, my lower half of my body is amazing skinny, yet I'm still big ass MARSHMALLOW on top. Yeah. Marshmallow. Planning a removal appointment soon. Do your research before considering this BC.<br/>**UPDATE 8/18/2014<br/>MY ACNE IS HEALING. My life has improved in so many areas after having Implanon removed. I no longer feel sluggish all the time. My appetite has GREATLY decreased compared to the monster it used to be. I'm seeing better results at the gym. PEOPLE are noticing how much my acne is clearing up. I've gotten so many compliments, and people actually asking me what "miracle product" I must have found. Seriously. My boss pulled me aside and literally asked me this, because she struggles with acne herself. It's been less than one month, and all of these changes in my body are more than obvious. If you think Implanon is wreaking havoc on your life/body, I HIGHLY SUGGEST you think of simply having it removed. The difference is like night and day. Don't torture yourself!<br/>I've also started a blog on the subject. Should you wish to check it out and follow my new all-natural approach to life (specifically BC), look for "tcomf" on tumblr.<br/>**UPDATE 2, 9/3/2014<br/>My acne continues to improve! The scars are now fading, and I use much less foundation to cover the red/brown spots that Implanon gave me.
Probably good for any skin color.
on 09/07/2014
Marketed towards "women of color", but I think it can work for anyone. Haven't seen any of the tone-evening benefits yet, and been using for over two weeks.
Good for heavy dirt/grime
on 09/07/2014
Use this sparingly. I only resort to using this on my face/neck if I am literally DIRTY. Maybe you have literal dirt/grime on your face, you've been out doing some intense yard work, or have just finished one of those mud runs. This product will work better than your average facial cleanser. Perhaps you went a little heavy on hair grease or oils that are likely to clog pores (e.g. oil sheen, "ethnic" hair care). Use this ONLY on areas where excess oil has touched the skin. Anything further, and this product will over-dry skin and cause it to produce even more sebum that usual.
Strong, gentle, moisturizing.
on 09/07/2014
I like the fact that this can be used as a wash to remove surface oil, and also as a mask for deep cleansing. Skin feels QUITE moisturized after use. Be sure to rinse completely, as it will feel like you already applied moisturizer.
Works surprisingly well
on 09/07/2014
I received this as a sample gift pack in college. Rarely had issues. It's simple, and it just works. Use with a light moisturizer to protect against dryness and peeling.<br/>**UPDATE**<br/>This was effective in my early 20s/college days. But now at 29, I think this is actually a bit harsh for me. The skin around my jawline and chin has dried out significantly and is quite itchy. ONLY recommended for younger folks with very oily skin and in summer.
Surprisingly rough
on 09/07/2014
If you're going to use this, do so carefully. The beads are quit tough on my skin, and I didn't really feel cleaner. Good if you want to exfoliate only, but not as an agent to remove dirt/oil/makeup. Probably won't try this again.
Morning/midday boost!
on 09/07/2014
I use a small amount of this midday at work, because my skin tends to be extremely oily. Use cool water, a small amount, and massage GENTLY. Any harsh scrubbing or pressure will cause the beads to strip into your skin. Skin feels and looks brighter, radiant. Strange pencil scent (might be due to me keeping it in my pencil case for a while though).
Reduces redness overnight.
on 09/07/2014
This product does well to minimize the redness, swelling, and the sore pimples that have just begun to form. Washing with this at night, I'd notice a measurable difference in all of the above. Does NOT do so well to remove excess oil/makeup. Also, I feel like this new scent is geared towards men? It has that cologne aroma I'd usually associate with men's personal care products.