LiveLife30

Bronze Reviewer
Reviewed at least 5 products
OMG FINALLY
on 27/11/2014
So basically no OTC products worked, steivamycin worked for a short period but then became immune, benzaclin was an absolute disaster, ziana was the worst product i've ever used... So that left me with Epiduo (Tactuo where i'm from in Canada). My last chance at clear skin. Began using it, complete disaster. Bright red, dry, peeling skin. So I stopped using it after about 2 weeks. Acne got so bad that I had to force myself to go back on it. Turns out I was using it improperly the first time. Was putting way too much on the first time. PEA SIZED AMOUNT. Breakout has finally cleared and I only get about 1 or 2 spots every week now. Still gives skin a reddish tinge which I don't really like but hey it's better than a face full of acne<br/>Regimine<br/>Morning- wash face with cetaphil gentle cleansing bar, moisturize with Neutrogena oil free moisturizer<br/>Night- Wash face with gentle cleansing bar, wet my finger and apply pea sized amount of epiduo all over my face, moiturize with oil free moisturizer, apply vaseline to lips and corner of mouth<br/>THIS SAVED ME. Let's hope it keeps up.<br/>Stick the first couple weeks of Epiduo out and you're gold!!
on 21/10/2014
If you have dry skin like myself this is the product for you. I was hesitant to use this because I initially thought that it would dry out my skin due to the fact that it replicates a bar of soap. I was extremely surprised to find out that not only did this cleansing bar not dry out my skin, but it seemed to lock in the moisture. This is the first over the counter product I have ever used that hasn't dried out my skin. Just to be clear, this is a cleanser, it's not going to fight your acne. When I began using this I was not using any acne creams with it and I broke out. This cleansing bar paired with an acne treatment works wonders. I live in Canada and it comes with a $2 off coupon every single time I buy it so it only ends up costing me $3, and it lasts about a month. Great value! If you are like me and have dry skin, this is a great product.
on 16/09/2014
3 week initial breakout. Made pores look huge. Worst part was the greasy look on skin. Could not get the shiny look to go away even after washing it. Didn't feel like it was working. Only positive was that it didn't dry out my skin like everything else. Going back to benzaclin. This is garbage.
on 19/05/2014
Alright I don't know what this stuff is all about but i've been taking it for 2 weeks and this is the greatest thing I have ever done with my life. I take the Braggs organic apple cider vinegar with the mother. Let me tell you, not only has this helped clear my face, but it has helped me feel absolutely amazing. Gives me loads of energy, helps regulate my digestive system, and has cleared my acne. I take 1 tbsp in the am and one in the pm with about 8 oz of water. Downside is that it is probably the most disgusting thing I have ever tasted in my life, but the pros heavily outweigh this minor con. I have also been using Benzaclin topically alongside drinking ACV and let me tell you this combination has my skin looking its best in years. It's cheap to buy, give it a try! I can't start my day until i've had my ACV. Go ahead and get your life back. Best product I have ever used in my life.
Short Term Solution
on 23/04/2014
So basically i'm 19, i've had acne since I was 13. Was prescribed minocycline at age 17 by my doc for it, took that for 2 weeks, had the worst side effects of my life (still not fully recovered) so I stopped that. Then went on Accutane for about 6 days, decided to stop that after giving it some more serious thought and choosing to go with topicals. Was then prescribed stievamycin gel (mild). Let me tell you, this stuff worked wonders. My acne literally went away almost completely within a month. Initially, the side effect wer extremely dry skin wth reddish colour, and skin peeling. After a couple weeks this all seemed to go away. I used it for about 6 months, with virtually no acne the entire time, but after 6 months I seemed to develop a resistsance to it and it failed to work and I began breaking out again just as badly. After a while, it stopped stinging my skin, and it felt like it wasn;t working. I went up to the medium gel and it still had no effect. This is a good short term solution but after abut 6 months I was back to square one as my skin built up a resistance. I have been prescribed Benzaclin and will be starting that today. Stievamycin is a great starting point.