liseelou21

New Member

About liseelou21

New Member

Finally helped clear up my cystic acne!
on 09/02/2014
After struggling for several years with cystic acne in my late 20's, I finally decided to see a dermatologist instead of my PCP. I was already taking Minocycline, which helped, but I still had bad cystic acne. The dermatologist prescribed Retin-A Micro (apply at night) and Aczone (apply in morning). In the first month, I didn't notice much improvement, maybe even slightly worse small pimples, but cycstic acne was not worse. After a couple months, I was noticing a definite improvement and by four months, I am thrilled with the results. I think the Retin-A has helped with the small whiteheads/blackheads, while the Aczone is particularly good for the cystic acne (my doctor said it has the ability to penetrate deeper into the skin to kill bacteria than most topicals). At same time as starting these, I started using Cetaphil Oil Control foaming wash and moisturizer, which have been great.
Finally helped clear up my acne!
on 09/02/2014