smiles23

Recent Profile Visitors

1,148 profile views
THIS IS WHAT DID IT
on 01/03/2015
I have been waiting years, years, years to post a review that says I'm clear.<br/>Yes, this is what did it. I have tried everything under the sun, except for accutane which I discontinued after negative effects three days into use. Thank goodness I did, no need to take something that serious.<br/>After 4 weeks of using the Neostrata gel cleanser followed by this lotion (twice a day), I have only two zits on my face right now, soon to be gone. My skin has not been this clear in years. YES!<br/>There will be a small initial purging for the first week, and red skin for two weeks (my experience anyways). Please give this a try. This is the first time in my LIFE I have ever gotten people complimenting on how clear my skin is looking.
How to AVOID bad initial breakout
on 01/03/2015
Hi guys,<br/>A lot of you are getting initial breakouts, and some of you may be nervous to give this a go for fear of a major purging. First things first, you WANT an initial breakout. All those blackheads and clogged pores need to be opened somehow to GET clear, and you definitely don't want you body absorbing those toxins backup.<br/>But yes, I get it. Breakouts suck and and we just want clear skin now now now! An initial breakout is pretty much unavoidable, but again it depends on skin types and type of clogged pore. Lets assume you are like most of us on here who will get an IB. I'll tell you how to minimize this when using a Glycolic acid peel.<br/>Start off easy. A month before I started this peel I started the Neostrata line, which has a glycolic lotion that you apply daily at 10 percent strength (or 8 percent, but i went full force right away). This is enough to keep new zits from coming, and ease you into the initial breakout. I think I had a few whiteheads the first week of use. After that, nada. Bit of redness first 2 weeks but hey, redness i better than ten whiteheads right? My skin is the best its been in so long now, the daily lotion has reduce my acne 85-90 percent.<br/>I did a 30 percent chemical peel and so far no initial breakout or anything, my skin is quite clear, I am doing these peels to get rid of scars. Thanks to taking a couple weeks of a 10 percent lotion, I believe I won't have any issue with an initial break whatsoever.<br/>That being said, if you just want to jump right into it, expect an average to big initial breakout. If you can wait long enough to do some sort of 5-10 percent glycolic cream/lotion twice a day, then you'll have no problem with the chemical peel you'll just jump straight to results (then again, I can't testify to that for everyone, just my experience). It's all up to you. Hope that helped!! (In case you are wondering I am using the Neostrata gel cleanser, and follow up with the 10 percent lotion right after... best thing I have used for my skin to date... and yes, I've tried it all)<br/>*I am not affiliated with Neostrata whatsoever
Clear skin versus life long health problems. Take your pick.
on 31/12/2014
I feel stupid for even considering a drug with such horrific "potential effects". As most accutane users can admit however, the depression and social withdrawal that acne causes can lead a person to consider drastic measures. I'm 21 and I got tired of seeing everyone else in college enjoy youth with clear skin so after trying everything (over an 8 year battle) I decided to take the plunge and give accutane a shot. I'm only 100 pounds so the doc put me on 20 MG (10 twice daily). Took one the first night, next day took two. Within an hour of taking my second pill I felt extreme fatigue. The third day I once again took 20 MG in total and my body reacted instantly. Within an hour I had a wicked headache and crazy fatigue. This continued throughout the night with insane chills... Felt just like battling a bad flu. I knew the next morning I was done with accutane. Our bodies are so wise and only react like that if it's got POISON in it. Stop now, I am so thankful I got bad enough side effects early. I've read hundreds of reviews on "ask a patient" and I can't believe the stories I'm hearing. Most of the people giving accutane top ratings are people who have just finished treatment. The rest are people 10, 20 years after (and had only take a couple months of accutane) describing the horrendous effects it's caused them and how painful it's made their lives. If you'd rather trade your health for clear skin than that's your choice. If you think acne sucks, just remember bad health within will only multiply your problems. I'd rather enjoy fantastic sex with a face full of pimples than have clear skin and terrible sexual health for the rest of my life (yes, erectile dysfunction, lack of libido, impotency and lack of natural lubrication in females are all patient reported outcomes from accutane). That's not all either. Some have needed colon surgery and some females have lost so much hair they need wigs now. So tragic. Read some of the reviews on that site and hopefully it'll change your mind. Way more people seem to be affected than the assured "minimal chances". Of course, is it hard for any of them to "prove" so many years later that it was directly caused by accutane. But seriously, is it worth the chance? Natural is the way to go. It can be a long process figuring out what works but the earth provides us with all we need. There's always new things to try so hang in there and forget this drug! I know a lot of people will read this and take it none the less, like I did, but spend the time reading how it's affected people's lives. You will be soo grateful down the road. (Sorry for the rant: I am not a doctor and don't claim to be. Just an honest opinion formed from others' testimonies)
May clog pores, but kills infection
on 09/04/2014
It may clog some pores, but only if you put it on single zits in areas with no acne. Like I found it worked best on a recent outbreak on the sides of my cheeks. They were dry, red and itchy… it was kind of like a patch of inflamed acne. I put the polysporin on at night and during the day when I could. too much will look greasy and clog pores. May tingle and itch skin at first. Redness and infection decreased after several applications
Amazing- I always resort back to this
on 31/03/2014
I was doing a little research online when struggling with an outbreak about a year ago and discovered quite a bit of stuff concerning onions helping acne. I decided to give it a try. I simply grated an onion and applied to my problem spots for 20 minutes every night. It will sting at first, and your face will be quite red after the first use- My face was bloated after the first time but it went down after an hour or two and I haven't had that reaction since.<br/>Grated onion may clog sink so just wipe face gently with paper towel to remove the bits and then rinse face with luke warm water if need be. No need to moisturize after unless your skin feels dry, I do this after i have cleansed my face.<br/>It has done wonders. If you are having an outbreak and need a last resort idea, give this a try. Your redness significantly reduces, and the onions' natural antibacterial properties helps fight breakouts and clear up existing pimples.<br/>* Try a patch in case you are very allergic to onions
Still yet to see results….
on 27/03/2014
I have been struggling with mild to moderate acne (always fluctuates between the two) since 8th or 9th grade now. I am now in my third year of university. Yeah, i'm pretty sick of it. Anyways, I am a FIRM believer that acne is a sign from your body that something wrong is going on from WITHIN, therefore I focus mainly on possible food allergies I may have (i.e. dairy, wheat, etc…) and monitor what I eat (to a certain degree, everything in moderation).<br/>Anyways… after going through gluten-free trails and dairy free trials (which sucked) and not noticing any major changes, recently I have been wondering if maybe its water? I used to hardly drink water, it was just a hard habit to get into to. For the last week and a bit though i have been drinking 3 Litres of water a day hoping it will be an all-time cure. Nothing yet, if anything I've broken out more!!<br/>Im hoping its like some sort of purging and I will start to see amazing changes in the next week but BOTTOM LINE guys its so amazing for the rest of your body so make a change and start incorporating this into your lifestyle!
short term redness relief - does nothing for pimples
on 03/02/2014
Organic Raw Honey Mask. I have been using this on my face every night right after my shower (while my pores are open) for the past week and a half. Fantastic relief from redness, however I don't find it helps my dry skin all that much- I still find myself applying a tiny bit of moisturizer after I wash the honey off. That being said, it leaves you with baby soft skin every time because the raw honey has bits of honeycomb in it which provides fantastic exfoliation when you rinse. I try to do a couple hours at night with it on and occasionally will rinse my face in the morning with a bit of honey. I am trying not to over wash my face though so I have tried to just use hot washcloth to pat face in the morning. Impossible to get a good sleep with honey on your face so thats why i do a long time in the evening instead. Redness decreases insanely after honey mask, but I find it has done nothing for my pimples, as many other reviews noticed as well. If anything, I noticed I broke out with a couple small whiteheads the first few days of use. purging perhaps? Anyways its all natural so in my opinion its a great treatment to use!
Great- Until about 1.5 months of use
on 03/02/2014
I have combo skin, but from the reviews I've been reading I deduced that I perhaps have very dry skin that has just been overcompensating on my T zone. So I thought OCM would be a great natural method to get my skin sebum cycle back to normal. I've had mild-moderate acne for about 7 years now, and I've tried everything. After nothing had worked for my skin (from drug store products, to expensive dermalogica products to chemical peels) I figured in the end natural is the only way to go- no chemicals which probably WONT irritate my skin. I started OCM end of Nov-early December and noticed fantastic results right away. My skin was the clearest its been in a long time. Here's the funny part though… my skin is SO dry that I actually had to omit the castor oil, so I was massaging my face with organic sunflower oil (rates 0/5 for potential to clog pores) and that was it. Followed all the procedures except I would omit the facial cloth steaming on shower nights. Mornings I just placed a hot cloth over my face a few times. Because I am so dry, I had to apply a tiny bit of organic sunflower oil to my face the odd mornings (only when needed though!). Anyways, my skin looked fantastic, I was bragging about the results of OCM to people. By the end of December, early January, my skin started to breakout on the side of my face (from temple down to middle of cheek). I had NEVER broken out in this area before, its always been forehead and around mouth, jaw. I thought it was purging so I kept going with it but now its beginning of February and I'm stopping the OCM. I have so many more blackheads then I have ever had before. I don't know if maybe I'm doing something wrong, or if this just doesn't work for my skin, but be wary with OCM. It went from great, to possibly as bad or worse then it was before i started.