Xeydrian

Recent Profile Visitors

1,245 profile views
Generally improved my skin
on 18/08/2014
I have super dry (obviously) acne prone skin. A really fantastic combination, right? I also get to deal with moderate acne as well. I've always struggled with my skin and finding ways to improve my face without using tons of harsh chemicals and such. My skin has always also caused me troubles whenever applying foundation as we'll because basically no matter what I did my foundation would end up looking flakey and gross after a few hours. After buying jojoba oil from the vitamin shoppe I was a little nervous since almost everything makes me break out and nothing ever helps my skin. I believe it has helped my skin greatly. My skin texture is no longer super bumpy and gross and it looks so much smoother and almost glowing. It has also helped in tandem with a nightly honey mask to reduce redness and my scars don't look quite as noticeable. I use this to also remove my makeup at the end of the day. I'm a night-showerer so I use this to remove makeup, shower, leave on my face for at least 5 minutes, wash off, use honey, wash off after at least 10 minutes and reapply the jojoba oil before I go to bed. I don't use a whole lot- just about a nickel sized amount. I also usually let it set in for a few minutes at least before I kind of oil-blot my face and then go to bed and use it once again in the morning for my makeup. It may seem a little excessive but it has helped my skin so much. In combination with jojoba oil and layering on my foundation mixed with some moisturizer, I've found the secret to keeping my skin fairly flake free. I haven't broken out hardly at all since using this (although it's been only about 2-3ish weeks). I think this has transformed my skin. I realize this product is not for everyone but for those with dry, flakey, acne prone skin it might do the job. Hopefully my decent skin lasts because I now feel somewhat comfortable walking outside without applying makeup. My skin is so much softer and I don't feel greasy or dry or anything. I do recommend this product to anyone with similar issues.
Clears up zits very quickly
on 03/06/2014
I have dry skin and moderate acne. I've used this as a toner-like item for about 2 months and my skin really loves it. At first I just soaked a cotton ball and rubbed it on my face before I slept and it helped control my acne. I realized a few days ago that if you soak a cotton ball and apply it to a certain area of your face or a zit for a few minutes (or longer by putting a bandage over it so it stays) it dramatically reduces the size of the zit. If the zit is under the skin, it will bring it to a head (I end up popping it at that point and then reapplying another cotton ball to sterilize it). It has helped SO much. On certain areas of my face where I have a lot of black heads I will do the same and I can see a reduction in them and also find them easier to get out (I know you're not supposed to but I try to squeeze them out anyway). This is just generally really good for the skin, and I quickly got over the smell. (BTW, it does NOT smell like cat piss, I KNOW what cat piss smells like and this is not what it smells like lol). It dries my skin a bit, which sucks, but it does a good job with my acne so I'll get over it. Seriously, this is the only product that has ever really dramatically improved my acne. I just generally feel like natural products work so much better on my skin. I highly recommend witch hazel!
Improves texture
on 03/06/2014
I have moderate acne and very dry skin. I started using honey and although it doesn't necessarily reduce my acne, I think it helps control it and reduce any sort of redness I may have. It also evens my skin tone a bit and has made the texture of my skin smoother and less orange-peel like. My face isn't a gross red mess anymore after I get out the shower/wash my makeup off.<br/>How I apply is that I take about a teaspoon and rub it in my hands for a few seconds and pat it all over my face and leave it on for at least 20 minutes and gently wash it off. (I then follow with witch hazel which is magical)<br/>Overall, it's really helped control my acne. It doesn't moisturize my skin that well but I've realized that almost nothing will. Over time, I feel like my blackheads have reduced and I don't have a billion giant pores on my face (just in a few areas). It doesn't break me out either, which is a plus. It's better to use honey than to not, I say. It can't harm you! (Unless you are allergic!)
Best moisturizer
on 12/01/2014
I have horribly dry skin, and this is the only moisturizer that hasn't made me break out and actually moisturizes my skin. It does sometimes feel too oily, but that's usually when I apply more than normal. It lasts all day as well, and it's fairly inexpensive. It also helps if you let it absorb into your skin before applying any other product or makeup.
Moisturizes decently
on 12/01/2014
I used this because I didn't know what to do about my dry skin. It's pretty dry (basically a desert) and nothing really has helped a whole lot. This moderately moisturizes my skin, but it stills makes my makeup flake, even after applying a primer and whatnot. I see this product working if you don't have horribly dry skin, but it's not enough moisture for me, so I moved on and found that a Nivea product worked tons better.
Probably the best proactiv product
on 12/01/2014
Proactiv hasn't really worked very well for me, even though I continue to use it because it at least manages my acne when it gets really bad. I have moderate acne, and incredibly dry skin. I use this after I've washed my face in the shower (I'm lazy) and then apply it. It also helps if you take a towel and run it under hot, but not burning water and wipe your face for a few minutes first to help wipe away anything that might still be on my face and open my pores. I use a fairly thick later over my entire face about 2-3 times a week (or more if I'm breaking out pretty bad or I'm feeling less lazy) and leave it on from 15-45 minutes. It says to leave on for 10-15 minutes but I feel that it works better if you leave it on for longer. I'm a zit-picker (which I know doesn't help, trying to break the habit lol), so if I've been picking at my face or have any red, inflamed areas, it takes it away. It really does calm your face down quite a bit. I feel like my skin is more even toned and I think it helps heal my zits quicker, because they seem to go away a few days after, rather than sticking around for a week. It does kinda dry your skin out after rinsing it off, but you're supposed to use the revitalizing toner right after which helps. Using a moisturizer also is useful after using this product.<br/>So basically, if I'm breaking out a lot or half a lot of inflammation, it helps. It doesn't completely clear my skin, but it makes it look better. I do recommend this product, even though it's pretty stinky lol.