sweetxsour35

Recent Profile Visitors

1,723 profile views
Incredible
on 28/06/2014
Even though I was skeptical about putting something so greasy on my already oily skin, I heard good things and decided to go through with using it. My skin used to be flaky (yet somehow still oily) from the products I was using because I wasn't using a proper moisturizer. This cold cream takes care of that on top of cleansing, so now I can use my benzoyl peroxide without feeling like I'm destroying my skin. Within the first week, my cystic acne turned to whiteheads and popped on their own and I haven't had new pimples develop even though I'm still waiting on the old ones to heal. I still add in another oil-free cleanser to cut grease and BP for spot treatment. Hopefully this works out in the end, but it hasn't let me down yet.
Works fine
on 12/06/2014
Doesn't over moisturize which is great for oily skin. It has salicylic acid which isn't really necessary if you're using a cleanser or cream with something similar. I also use Clean & Clear's persa gel and when I use them together, I break out more easily so I never mix them anymore. Overall, good moisturizer but be careful what you mix it with.
Best product I've ever found
on 18/05/2014
Starts drying up and shrinking pimples within the first night, easily the quickest results I've seen yet. But you will need a moisturizer because it is drying.
Very Healing, Gentle, and cheap
on 04/04/2014
I tried an oatmeal mask that had lemon juice and tomato juice in it, and while the mask was great for my skin, it was time consuming to make and use. Later, I tried cutting a cherry tomato and rubbing it on my face in problem areas. I had a ton of scars from having a bad habit of picking at my skin, and now after using tomato juice for a few months now (I don't use it consistently), my scarring is healing. My skin is more even and smooth in places it was red and blotchy. What I usually do is a few hours before I plan on showering (I shower at night), I put the tomato juice on. I let it dry on my skin and then hop in the shower and rinse it off. I would even suggest it as an overnight if you shower in the morning. It's also better out of the fridge because it's cold.
Great for Sunburn
on 13/02/2014
Works better than lotion after spending a day outside. Soak a towel in iced green tea and pat the sunburn, it lightens a few shades in as little as 10 minutes. If I know I'm going to be in the sun, I keep a pitcher in the fridge beforehand, because it takes a bit of time to cool.
Amazing and Simple
on 13/02/2014
My skin is very pale so you can see redness very easily. I came across an oatmeal mask recipe that had lemon juice and tomato juice as ingredients. While the mask was amazing, it did take a long time to make, so I figured I'd use the ingredients individually. The lemon juice fades redness really well and shrinks pimples also. It can be harsh, especially for sensitive skin, so you can try diluting it with water or use a smaller amount. What I do is I cut a slice off, and dab my finger to get the juice, then dab it where I need it. It does tend to sting a bit too, and I would use a moisturizer as well.
Goes on smooth, but very greasy
on 25/01/2014
My skin used to be more oily before I switched my cleanser, so when I tried this foundation, it had a tendency to turn my face into an oily mess and I haven't used it for a few months. Even now that my skin isn't so oily, it has trouble staying on. I haven't tried using a powder on top, but I plan on doing so. Despite these problems, I think it's a pretty good foundation. It matches my skin tone so well. I know some others have said it has a yellowish tint to it, but for me it's not an issue. I bought mine a while ago so I'm not sure if they changed the formula since then. I also haven't seen any difference with my acne, but I haven't really used it for more than a few days in a row.<br/>**Edit: I've tried it while using a powder to set it, and this is the only way it stays on for the whole day. Otherwise, if I'm not thinking and rest my face on my sleeve or pull a sweater over my head, it ends up on my clothes. Works amazing now that I've found the right powder to put on top. It doesn't make me break out either as long as I remember to clean it off.
on 20/12/2013
This cleans my skin really well and while it isn't for clearing acne, it is good enough at getting the dirt out that pimples don't really pop up anymore. My only problem is that it is drying, and while my skin is usually very oily, I've had to start using a moisturizer. It's not really a big deal for me since I've been looking for a product like this for a while now. The thing it tends to do to pimples is dry them out and shrink them. I had a large painful bump on my face for over a week before using it, now it's barely visible. I see a bit of flaking on my pimples as well, and they start to burst by themselves. I can see it being harsh as others have said, so if your skin is dry already, I wouldn't use this.
Not Enough Coverage
on 20/12/2013
Someone at Ulta recommended this to me and I brought it home under the impression that it was full coverage. It wasn't. You can layer it on, but if your acne is bad enough, even twenty layers of this won't do the job. It does what it says though, moisturizes and evens skin tone. So if you're looking for a light, natural, moisturizer that you can put on quickly, this is the one. However, in the summer when my skin gets more oily, it does have some trouble staying on. This really only works if your skin is on the dryer side.<br/>*edit* The added sunscreen works really well though. I brought this on a week long trip and I put this on once a day before going outside and my face hasn't burnt, broken out, or dried out. And, even though it is almost $40, a little goes a long way so one tube will last a while.
Not that great
on 13/12/2013
Drying and does next to nothing. It does help with large pimples but doesn't work on blackheads (or anything else).