About behappybeclean

Silver Reviewer
Reviewed at least 10 products
good for red marks, but BE CAREFUL
on 03/01/2014
This is the best method to fade red marks, but be careful or you could possibly make acne worse!<br/>Make sure you don't have ANY open wounds, scabs, or dry patches. Only use it if the lesion has healed and there is no residual pain. Don't leave it on for more than a few hours at a time, and don't use it every day. If it starts to sting TOO much, take it off and try again another day. If you're careful, this can really help with red marks.<br/>I've left it on for 2-3 hours, 4x/week, and saw results in 2 weeks.
Stay away
on 03/01/2014
This is so drying that over time it leads to more oil being produced on the skin. Probably fine once in a while for mild T-zone acne. If used regularly it will increase acne.
Great for skin
on 30/12/2013
This is a great oil that heals acne and keeps the skin glowing. It won't clog pores unless you're slathered in it. (Even then, it would only cause minor whiteheads.) Make sure you buy an organic product from a reputable company.<br/>After cleansing I moisturize with a mix of almond + jojoba + neem oils. It has helped heal my breakouts in about half the time. Almond oil is wonderfully moisturizing and nourishing! I have combination skin, and this isn't as light as other oils which is why I use it in a mixture. You can't go wrong combining it with jojoba. I use a 1:3 almond to jojoba ratio.
Decent product for the price
on 30/12/2013
I used to use Covergirl oil free foundation but switched to this because of clogged pores on my forehead. It doesn't cause breakouts like other foundations. It contains a small amount of salicylic acid, so if you respond to that it may even help you. If you've got sensitive skin don't use this around your eyes. (It can be drying. Use a regular foundation around your eyes and blend the two.) Overall, not bad and offers decent coverage.
Great if you're sensitive to fish oil
on 28/12/2013
I experimented with various types of fish oil, but each one caused cystic acne on my chin. I switched to ovega-3 and have been feeling great. It's the brand most used and recommended by vegetarians, and best of all it hasn't caused any outbreaks. It's worth a shot if you're sensitive to fish oil. Each pill contains 320mg DHA and 130mg EPA.
Triggered hormonal acne around chin
on 28/12/2013
Like a lot of others I experienced hormonal acne around my chin after taking fish oil. At first I tried a generic brand, then an organic, but had the same reaction both times. After that I was afraid to try cod liver oil. My chin is consistently fairly clear which is how I knew the cysts were caused by the fish oil.<br/>(I started taking chia seeds, then I found Ovega-3 vegetarian dha/epa supplement. I strongly urge everyone to try it who's had bad luck with fish oil causing breakouts. It's algae-based, which is what fish eat in order to obtain their omega-3 fats.)
Not awful, not great
on 28/12/2013
This cleanser is fairly gentle and inexpensive, but it just doesn't get the job done. It probably won't make your skin worse, but it's not going to help you either, unless you've only got mild breakouts/blackheads. If you have sensitive skin, I'd stay away because this was slightly drying.<br/>Not recommended for moderate acne. It also won't help with any cysts.
Best oil for acne-prone skin
on 28/12/2013
Jojoba oil is extremely non-comedogenic and beneficial for acne-prone skin. It's known for dissolving oils from hair, dirt, makeup, etc. It completely unclog the pores. It's also the most similar oil to our skin's natural sebum which balances oil production.<br/>I use jojoba as a makeup remover by putting several drops on a cotton cosmetic pad and wiping it over all areas of my face, especially my forehead. Then I massage it for a minute or two. I wash off the oil with a face cleanser, and then I use it as a part of my moisturizing regimen.<br/>Highly recommended!!!
Harsh ingredients
on 25/12/2013
At first this product SEEMS great but it contains ingredients that are extremely harsh and drying. These include citrus oils, too much aloe, etc. If your skin is even slightly sensitive, do not use this product. And do NOT use this product if most of your acne is on your cheeks. It's too drying. I had the same experience with the "cleansing milk" version. If you have sensitive skin, or your acne is mostly on your cheeks, it can turn your mild/moderate breakout into severe inflammation.<br/>It's much healthier (and less risky) to keep it simple with skin care. Just one glance at this product's huge ingredient list should tell you something. You're better off avoiding this and other gel/milk cleansers by Avalon.<br/>Ps. I found out the company changed the ingredients in this product about a year ago. Apparently it used to be pretty good.
a great investment
on 25/12/2013
I've been using this serum for about 5 days. It helps heal acne very quickly by nourishing and moisturizing. It also has antibacterial ingredients to prevent new breakouts!<br/>It won't prevent breakouts completely (when they're a result of extreme stress or unhealthy eating around the holidays) but those breakouts will be smaller and heal more quickly. You won't have ANY cystic acne if you use this. It will also heal post-acne inflammation from previous breakouts.<br/>Bottom line: EXTREMELY ANTI INFLAMMATORY!!! No more cystic acne, and other types of pimples will clear in half the time.<br/>Use it as the last step of your gentle cleansing regimen.