katabbs

About katabbs

Recent Profile Visitors

1,122 profile views
on 05/11/2013
This is by far the best product I have ever used. Though you might be frightened by its strong smell, trust me; it's totally worth it. It's a small disposable alcohol wipe, medicated with clindamycin. I've used this product on, and off and every time I use it I just love it more and more. After cleansing, I would apply the wipe twice a day, once in the morning, and again before bed. Sits well under makeup, and does not make skin flaky. The wipe also exfoliates skin, and when you're done applying it, you'll even see the gunk that came off your skin (especially if you wear a lot of makeup -- helps to remove residue even after you wash your face).<br/>It might burn a little bit the first time you use it, but your skin adapts. I haven't broken out with this product, and I've noticed a huge improvement on reducing acne, and acne scars.
on 28/10/2013
Wonderful product. Although I still have breakouts, they're a lot more controlled, and don't last as long. I use this twice a day (full face), and also throughout the day for spot-on treatment. Once I feel a bump, I apply the gel, and then usually by the next day, the bump is gone. For whiteheads, usually by the next day or two, the pimple is cleared. In terms of scarring, I've noticed somewhat of an improvement. In terms of dryness, I feel like I've used so many different products (benzaclin, tactuo, differin, clindamycin, etc...), so my skin adapts really well to different products, thus my skin does not get dry with this product. In fact, I never need to moisturize since I've been using it. Note that I'm using this product in conjunction with Doxycycline-Hyclate antibiotic oral pills.
Drying, Itchy and Scarring
on 28/10/2013
This was my first acne product. I've used it for a long long time, and it helped to reduce the number of breakouts I had. However, this product really dries out your skin, and leaves behind acne scars. Make sure you use a lot of moisturizer.
Somewhat helpful
on 28/10/2013
I've been using Apo-Doxy 100 mg in conjunction with Aczone topical gel, and together they've helped somewhat clear my skin. I do still break out, but my breakouts don't last as long; i'd start off with a bump and then (after spot-applying) Aczone, usually the pimple would disappear by the next morning. The acne on my back and chest have appeared to disappear (I don't use Aczone on those areas), so the pills are helping for bodily acne. But again, my facial acne hasn't completely disappeared.<br/>Update: I used this treatment for 3 months. I have now completed my treatment and I can say that I break out a lot less, but I still have a few acne scars. I also noticed that I was a lot more moody while I was on the medication, and felt depressed some days. Another important thing is the stomach pain that comes with it. About 2 months into my treatment, I would get really bad stomach pains -- almost ulcer-like. I was then given some Prevacid pills to take 30 minutes before the Apo-Doxy. The Prevacid helped a lot. Overall, I wouldn't recommend this treatment because my skin didn't really improve as much, which makes the suffering worthless.