britszits

Recent Profile Visitors

2,771 profile views
It BURNS!!!
on 12/12/2013
This is the worst lotion I've ever used. My face felt like it was on fire and it turned bright red. I had to flush it with cold water to make it stop. Threw it straight into the trash. I was surprised since Cetaphil is usually marketed as a "gentle' line of products.
GEL vs LOTION
on 30/09/2013
I love them both. I keep a bottle of the gel and the lotion handy at all times. To me, it seems that many reviewers are either confusing the lotion with the gel, or they don't realize that they are two different products. I like to use the lotion at night and the gel in the morning because I feel that it wears a bit better under my foundation. In the winter I use strictly the lotion, and in the summer.. (you guessed it) I use only the gel. Neither are effective on extremely dry skin. They are mostly for maintainence/prevention. If you are experiencing dryness from a BP regimen, this gel will not help you. Perhaps try the lotion version instead.
LOTION vs GEL
on 30/09/2013
Just like any other blotter
on 30/09/2013
These do what they are designed to do--blot oil. I don't feel that they do it as well as other brands like Clean & Clear, Clearasil, etc. I usually have to use two sheets of these while I would normally use just one sheet of the other brands, making these less cost effective. I can also see traces of my foundation coming off on these sheets while the other brands do not remove any of my makeup.
Great for dry acne-prone skin
on 30/09/2013
I have had the same tube of this stuff on hand for about the past 4 years. I typically only use it when my skin is very dry. When my skin is dry and flaky (usually because of BP), this is the ONLY foundation I can use that will look natural. Any other makeup I use just makes my face look even worse. If my skin is not dried out, this foundation has a tendency to make it more oily. The only downside to this is that the coverage is sheer/moderate. It will not cover up any blemishes, but it will make them appear less red.
Good for mild acne
on 30/09/2013
I have moderate acne so this product did pretty much nothing for me in the long run. For the first few days, it seemed my skin was improving, but that did not last long. From what I understand, salycylic acid works well at opening pores, which is what mild acne needs. But for it to work on moderate-severe acne, you must follow up with BP. Unfortunately, BP is too harsh for me to use consistently, so this product was a no-go.
Can't live without it
on 30/09/2013
This is an amazing spot treatment. The instructions say to leave it on for 10 minutes. If I apply it to my entire face (I very rarely do) then I use it for about 20-30 minutes. This will help clear acne but it is very drying and usually results in a flaky face the next day. If I use it as a spot treatment, as I usually do, I will leave it on overnight and typically wake to a reduced pimple size and less redness. So, no, your blemish will not evaporate overnight, but it will be less noticeable. This is my must-have--I hate all other Proactiv products, but this one is a keeper.
Harsh, irritating, painful
on 30/09/2013
As a system, I am giving this product 1 star. I actually like the BP on occasion, but not the whole Proactiv System. I have literally tried everything for my acne. With all the hype surrounding Proactiv, I could not have been more disappointed in the results. I have tried Proactiv 3 separate times over 5 years. Each of the first two times, I would call it quits as soon as I started experiencing dryness. The third time, I held out as long as I could, in hopes that my skin would eventually adjust the products and stop being so dry. I used it for about a month, and my skin has never looked worse. It was so dry and FLAKY that I could not put makeup on. I literally doused my face in thick Vitamin E oil just to be able to leave the house. On top of that, my face hurt so much that I could not sleep at night. It felt like I had a horrible sunburn on my face.. I would never recommend this system to anyone. On top of all this, the customer service is terrible. They kept sending me more and more long after I had cancelled.
Great spot treatment
on 30/09/2013
This stuff works. No, it's not a miracle cure. Let's be realistic. It's a spot treatment. I've used this before by applying it to all of my active acne before bed and I've always noticed a dramatic improvement by morning. I even apply a very thin layer to my t-zone to help combat oiliness. I found this at my grocery store. For the price, you simply can't go wrong.