TheStruggle

Recent Profile Visitors

348 profile views
2 rounds of Accutane; My thoughts
on 27/06/2013
I'm a 17 year old female with moderate to severe acne. I have oily skin (it's in my genes).<br/>I have always had acne; I believe it started in middle school around 7th grade.<br/>I never really did anything about my acne until high school.<br/>My mother and I finally went to the derm and he gave me Doxycycline and I stayed on that for quite some time, but it never really seemed to work.<br/>Eventually my acne got to the point where it made me depressed and I never wanted to do anything except sleep.<br/>So my mother and I went back to the Derm and he then told us about Accutane along with the effects and so on. I went on it and the first month there was a flare up and possibly the second, but eventually it dies down.<br/>I was on it for about 5 or so months and afterwards my face was so clear and smooth I couldn't believe it.<br/>Well, a few months down the road, (I play soccer and we condition in the summer) I started breaking out again.<br/>At first it was just a few bumps here and a few bumps there, then it seemed to just continue and it never stopped.<br/>My derm told me that I would get pimples from time to time, but this was a full fledged break out that never went away.<br/>Eventually I couldn't stand it anymore so we went back to the derm and he put me on it for 3 months and the same thing happened the first time I was on Accutane; my skin was clear.<br/>Well I got off my last dosage 3 weeks into March and it's June and I'm training for soccer and exercising and my face is breaking out again.<br/>It's not horrible;it's mostly on my cheeks and forehead, but it still bothers me.<br/>I just want to know that I'm not alone..<br/>Has anyone else experienced this problem?<br/>I recommend Accutane.<br/>Though I'm still breaking out, my face isn't as bad as it use to be, and for that I am thankful.<br/>If ANYONE can help me or give me some words of advice .. it would much greatly appreciated!