Kathryn Wilkinson

Recent Profile Visitors

1,717 profile views
Best thing I've used in 14 years
on 28/10/2016
I've had acne/ eczema since I was 10. There have been years where it has calmed down but also years where it's full blown cystic acne. Birth control did help so between 16-21 my skin was decent. I had to stop the pill due to other health reasons and I swear over night my skin went from fine to extremely dry and full of all kinds of zits, whiteheads, milia, cysts. Nothing worked except changing my diet. I cut our most animal products and slowly saw an improvement this year. But I was still getting acne and had dry spots. Lately I've been having digestion issues and my vitamin D level was checked. Vitamin D is not part of normal blood test. Turns out my level 12 when 30 is normal. I was told it would've taken years to get that low. There are lots of health complications associated with Vitamin D deficiency one of them is unbalanced hormones which equals skin problems.<br/>Six weeks ago I began taking a vitamin D supplement. The first week my skin went from extremely dry to extremely oily (something I'm not used to) but I didn't try to dry it out like old me would've done. I sticked with my normal skincare routine and haven't changed any makeup. It's been six weeks and this morning when I looked in the mirror I actually saw my skin. I only have about two active zits on my face and they are normal whiteheads. Yes, I have lots of scars, but my skin actually looks healthy. I have six weeks left on my high dose prescription of vitamin D then my levels get checked.<br/>I encourage anyone with acne to get vitamins and minerals checked. Acne is a result of inflammation somewhere in the body not bad hygiene.
My Favorite Cleanser
on 28/04/2015
I have very sensitive acne prone skin that tends to be more on the dry side. I love Angels on Bare Skin because it balances my skin. It doesn't leave my skin feeling tight or greasy. It also doesn't leave my skin very red like everything else does. I also don't have to pack on a ton of moisturizer after this because it leaves my skin so soft. I love this and highly recommend this if you're struggling with similar acne to me.
Good, but not great
on 28/04/2015
This is probably my favorite cleanser form the drugstore. It really does clean deep and at first it left my skin very smooth. However after about three months of use, it just dried my skin out so much that it was causing more pimples. If you are really oily this may be better suited for you. Also the product was consistent. Sometimes it would be very foamy, and other times it would be very liquidly.
My Favortie Thing For Pimples
on 28/04/2015
I've tried every spot treatment out there and I'm allergic to almost all of them. The only one I don't seem to have a bad reaction from is SA, but it dries out my skin very bad. Tea Tree oil is the only spot treatment that works for me. There are a few rules that need to be followed using it though<br/>1.) Make sure its 100 Percent Organic Tea Tree Oil, not one of those things you buy at cosmetics stores; they usually way over charge for much less of a product.<br/>2.) Do a patch test<br/>3.) Only apply to active pimples, not let over marks and definitely not all over your face.<br/>4.)Cleanse, tone, and moisturize before. Using moisturizer before a spot treatment will prevent extra dryness. Also if you are very sensitive, dilute in a carrier oil or with water.<br/>5.) This is not an overnight cure, there is no overnight miracle cure to acne. Be patient.
Relief... Finally!
on 11/05/2014
I've always suffered from acne ever since puberty. I've never had clear skin until last year when I used honey consistently. About eight months ago I had some health problems and had to stop taking my BCP. Within a few short weeks my clear skin erupted. It got very dry and itchy. For the first time in my life, I had cystic acne. I was in denial and thought I could fix it with natural products because that worked before... but eventually I decided to see a derm.<br/>I was first prescribed a low does of 65 mg and spiro. At my six week follow up, my skin was a lot better, but I was still wasn't happy with it. He upped Solodyn to 105 mg and added aczone for the active acne on my face. Its only been two weeks but finally I'm seeing results. I've only had one new pimple since the change and its on the side my neck (easy to cover). I'm glad to finally have relief!
Best Mask I've Ever Used!
on 11/05/2014
I've bought tons of face masks in my day and never really liking any of them. I have sensitive skin and usually they just irritate my problem even more. I usually use my own homemade honey mask, however it takes a while to see results with that.<br/>This mask feels cool and refreshing on my skin and it deep cleans really well! It helps heal problem zits very fast and also help lighten post-acne marks. The best thing about it (Other the delicious peppermint smell) is that it doesn't dry out the skin. It leaves it super soft w/o needing a ton of moisturizer.<br/>Pros: Deep cleans, helps breakouts, fades post-acne marks.<br/>Con: Its very messy
Helped with acne but dried out my skin and made me sick
on 30/05/2013
A few years ago when my acne was very severe I went to a dermatologist and requested accutane but was told to try this first. First of course I broke out worse the first month, then my acne started to clear up. However, this drug made me very sick. Even though I would make sure to take this on an empty, I threw up constantly and always had stomach pains. It also made my sensitive skin very dry. I now only use natural remedies for my skin problems and have had great results.
on 26/05/2013
The problem people seem to make about scrubs is that they use it way to much. This product is for exfoliation and should only be used once-twice a week or it will damage your skin. It has does wonders for my acne prone skin. I use this once or twice a week depending on how oily or unclean my skin is feeling. My face is almost completely clear and I don't have anymore blackheads.
on 26/05/2013
I have combination skin and its hard for me to find a moisturizer that works. I really like this one because it doesn't smell and it goes on light. It also protects skin from sun damage. My skin isn't breaking out as much as it used to. It isn't perfect though, sometimes it feels kinda sticky after I apply it. I'm going to finish the bottle and then try something new.
on 26/05/2013
I was really excited to try this because one its natural and two I read a lot about tea tree oil's skin benefits. This is one of the best face washes I've ever used and it helps prevent pimples. My face hasn't been completely clear, around my period I've seemed to get one huge zit since I started using this product rather then a bunch of small ones everywhere. It does dry out the skin a tad, so you need to moisturize after. The smell is funny but after a few uses I got used to it. My skin always feel very clean after using this. I love this.