elliew8

Recent Profile Visitors

2,904 profile views
It's a keeper!
on 27/06/2013
I have always used Dove soap (not the sensitive version though) since it was recommended by my GP years ago when I first got acne. Sometimes people think it's weird using soap on your face but I love it, makes my skin feel lovely and clean and doesn't dry it out. I can't say it's made a difference either way with regards to acne but it is a good cleanser and doesn't break me out so I can't complain! I always have a bar of Dove on hand, can't go wrong really.
Where's the sun gone?!
on 27/06/2013
I started using vitamin d because it was on a really good deal (only cost a penny!) and I was feeling depressed about the great british 'summer' that wasn't happening. I wasn't sure if it would help my acne but I used it to try and prolong holiday skin. It did work for a while and delayed my skin from going back to normal but it hasn't really made much difference otherwise. My mood seems a lot better though, so on a non-acne related note I'd recommend it. I have also noticed I haven't had any cystic acne (touch wood!) in the month I've been using them where I'd normally get 1 or 2. When my tablets run out I will probably buy again but only if they are on offer!
No difference
on 27/06/2013
I didn't use Braggs because it's not available in the UK but I did use an organic version so it contained 'mother'. I used it topically as a toner on a cotton pad with water every night. It smells terrible and isn't great to travel with (looks like urine!). It didn't improve/ worsen my acne so it's not really something I would continue to use. I was convinced this would be the product for me since it has such great reviews, but I guess it's worth a try since it's so cheap!
Worked well
on 27/06/2013
It successfully reduced my comedonal acne/ clogged pores very well (but did not completely eliminate it), and I found the 4% strength didn't dry out my skin in comparison to other 5% benzoyl peroxide creams. It goes on smoothly to your skin but takes a bit of massaging to rub it in properly. It has been discontinued in the UK so I've stopped using it and found I am now breaking out so it shows the product was effective.
Not terrible or brilliant
on 27/06/2013
I found it made very little difference to my comedonal acne/ clogged pores that I was trying to target. I used it for around 3 months with not much noticeable difference. It didn't help my acne, but it didn't make it worse either