fihe

Junior Poster
Posted at least 20 different posts

Recent Profile Visitors

2,007 profile views
Excellent investment for your skin!
on 25/05/2015
I purchased my Clarisonic Plus back in June 2010. Almost 5 years later, it's still going strong, and I can't imagine not having it in my skin care regimen! I purchased the Plus because it also comes with a body brush (which I hardly use, but I figured it's good to have in case I'd want to use it sometimes). There are different brush heads for the face. I've found that Normal is too harsh, but Sensitive is good. I've also used Deep Pore and Acne, and they both work fine. Granted, for the past few years, I've stopped buying the Clarisonic brand heads and purchased generic ones from eBay for a rather low price, but they have done the job for me.<br/>I have used the Clarisonic with various cleansers. It's best to use it with something that is not too strong. Currently, I have been using it with Simple gel cleanser. It takes 60 seconds total to use all over the face: 20 seconds each on the forehead and nose/chin area, and 10 seconds on each cheek. There are three settings: low, medium, and high. I prefer the medium setting for everyday use, since I wear face makeup daily. Sometimes I'll skip using the Clarisonic for a day or two if I haven't worn any makeup, but in that time, I find that my skin feels much less smooth, and I see a lot more sebaceous filaments on my nose.<br/>I would definitely recommending NOT storing this in the shower. I used to, and one day I changed the brush head and found that there was an abundance of black mold underneath! It was quite a process cleaning it out. I tried using different tools (cotton swab, old mascara spoolie) and cleaners (rubbing alcohol, hydrogen peroxide) to get rid of the mold, but I finally got it clean inside. Now I always store my Clarisonic outside of my shower, wipe both the brush head and the cap clean after each use, and remove the brush head while the device is not in use.<br/>I'm really not sure if the Clarisonic has really helped with my acne as far as existing pimples, but the gentle daily exfoliation I'm sure is a great factor in preventing it. Also, if you get the Plus, like I said, it comes with a body brush in addition to the face brush. In fact, I just checked the website right now and apparently they now sell two attachments for the feet as well, making the Clarisonic Plus an even better deal!
Can chemically burn skin if used on large areas
on 25/05/2015
I've used this as a spot treatment in the past, undiluted (which is not recommended), and while the skin did dry out a bit, I never had any problems. The pimple cleared within a day or two used this way. However, last night I put tea tree oil on a cotton pad, with some water (apparently not enough to sufficiently dilute it), taped it onto my face with some medical tape, and went to sleep. I used a whole cotton pad because I had several pimples on one part of my face that I wanted to treat. I also happen to sleep on my left side, and the treatment was applied on the left side of my face, causing the tea tree oil-soaked pad to be really pressed into my skin as I slept.<br/>About an hour later, I woke up with a throbbing pain on my face. I removed the cotton pad and saw that my skin was all red underneath, and even had what looked like a few burn marks. I washed off the tea tree oil from the affected area with Cetaphil gentle cleanser and applied aloe vera gel to moisturize. Then I actually had to hold an ice pack to my face (with a paper towel over it; don't apply ice packs directly to the skin) for 30 minutes to make the pain go away. That's how much it hurt.<br/>Fortunately, I am female and can use makeup to cover up the redness, but men are not so lucky. Also, my pillow now has a tea tree oil stain and a strong smell that won't come out. I've tried spraying Febreze on it twice today and it isn't helping. Overall, I would recommend tea tree oil as a spot treatment only.