WishClean

485 Famous

About WishClean

Moderator

• Location Europe/ NYC
  • Interests educator, professional editor, researcher & writer.
    Interests: movies, traveling, teaching, writing, research, integrative medicine, acupuncture, exercise, healthy lifestyle
    My Grocery list (low histamine diet): http://www.acne.org/messageboard/topic/340189-my-grocery-list/

Gold Poster
Posted at least 2000 different posts
Silver Reviewer
Reviewed at least 10 products

Recent Profile Visitors

81,023 profile views
Good moisturizer with hypoallergenic ingredients
on 03/12/2015
This is a great formulation for acne-prone skin. My only issue is that it's a bit heavy to use under make up. One other thing I noticed is that when I received my shipment, the pump was already broken in and some of the moisturizer had spilled out. This made me a bit paranoid about contamination. Still, it's a great moisturizer if you are looking for something affordable that won't break you out.
Great body and lip moisturizer
on 03/12/2015
Jojoba oil is great as a body and lip moisturizer. I don't use it too much on my face because it feels a bit too oily for me, but I like the texture when I apply it elsewhere.
Best sunscreen!
on 28/06/2015
Best sunscreen texture! This sunscreen is kind of like a serum, without the typical white residue that other sunscreens tend to leave on the face. It is good for sensitive skin and has not caused any breakouts for me. It offers great sun protection, and can even be used under makeup, but you have to wait for it to dry & get absorbed first
Helps with inflammation and skin texture
on 08/01/2014
Using pure honey is the best mask for my face, and much cheaper too. I use organic honey and the honey that comes with the plain Fage yogurt (random, but it works so good). I can leave the mask on for hours and then wash it off. Helps with scarring, inflammation, and skin texture. It can also help reduce the size of inflammed pimples when used consistently. Do a spot treatment for a few days to see how your skin reacts and to make sure it doesn't clog your pores.<br/>I agree with most of what m1m1m1 said below, except for using raw honey...I would go with organic & pure, and avoid raw and clover. Manuka works too, but for me the fage honey is the best I tried so far.
Vegetarian Version is Better
on 08/01/2014
This is a great supplement for healthy skin. The vitamins, minerals and herbal blend are in the right ratio and they work synergistically. I have only used the vegetarian version, which to me is far better in terms of capsule fillers etc. Can take 2- 3 months to notice consistent improvement, but I noticed that my skin texture was improving within the first 2 weeks of taking it.
Great for Hormonal Acne & PCOS
on 08/01/2014
I highly recommend inositol (both d-chiro-inositol and myo-inositol) if you suffer with PCOS and/or hormonal acne. Check the web for clinical studies on inositol's ability to help with acne and other PCOS symptoms. I have been taking myo-inositol (in power form) for 5 months, and DCI for almost 2 months and I am happy with the results! Best taken on an empty stomach. Can take up to 2 cycles to notice improvement, but I noticed results fairly quickly.
Long lasting, buildable coverage
on 03/12/2013
I have some issues with smashbox foundations, but I always return to them because I haven't yet found anything better. They are pricey and tend to oxidize, so I can never match my shade. You need to wear a primer with it to make it last longer, but if you have oily skin you can go without. Sometimes a setting powder is needed to combat shine, but I haven't had any major problems with that. Overall, it covers quite well and lasts a long time. My face looks flawless in pictures whenever I wear this foundation.
NOT FOR COMBINATION OR DRY SKIN
on 03/12/2013
This is one of the worst foundations I ever tried. First of all, it dries too quickly, and if you want to do a second layer, the first layer peels off! It also clings to dry patches and creates fine lines. I used a primer with it, but it needs both a primer and a moisturizer. I have combination skin that gets oily in some parts, but this completely dried my face out and made me look weird. it takes a long time to take it off. I'm not sure if it breaks me out because I only used it 1 day, but when I took my makeup off I had an inflammed pore underneath the foundation. This is my short-term review, and I will not be using it anymore. 1 day was enough.<br/>Try something like smashbox or flower cosmetics that is buildable and won't clog pores.
Helps with inflammation but do not use every day
on 05/09/2013
If used only a couple of times a week, it can help with inflammation and skin tone. But I used to use it every day and eventually it aggravated my acne, so now I only use it when I have infected acne or lots of hyperpigmentation. Make sure you buy the 100% lemon juice type, and dilute it with water if it's too strong for you.
Works for melasma and hyperpigmentation, not for acne
on 05/09/2013
I only use oils on acne sparingly because they tend to block my pores. Grapeseed oil has a high concentration of vitamin E, and I found that it helps slowly fade my melasma...but it takes a long time so you need to be patient. I use pure grapeseed oil btw, the kind that's used for cooking. I clicked Yes on recommend, but only for post-acne hyperpigmentation not active acne.