ME from CA

About ME from CA

on 16/08/2011
I've battled acne for about 7 years, and in that time have gone through pretty much every treatment imaginable including over-the-counter products, prescription ointments, washes, light treatments, Clarisonic brush (don't waste your money!), etc. I've taken different oral antibiotics and eventually did a round of Accutane - which cleared my skin for about 2 yrs.<br/>When I started breaking out again, my dermatologist gave me a prescription for Spironolactone which I never took because the side-effects just sound scary and I'm tired of popping pills into my mouth and wondering what they're doing to my body in the long run.<br/>I feel like I've hit the end of the road with dermatologists .. so I tried tackling it on my own by bombarding the blemishes with benzoyl peroxide. After reading these boards .. I bought Clean & Clear's Continuous Control cleanser and their PersaGel 10 spot treatment and used it for the past two months. I think the cleanser was too harsh/drying for me because the acne didn't improve at all...if anything, it got worse.<br/>So, after doing more research .. I decided to try the Purpose Gentle Cleansing Bar (along with the PersaGel for active spots).<br/>It's only been about 5 days, so I was reluctant to even post anything out of fear of jinxing myself .. but so far, my skin is already improving somewhat.<br/>Maybe just this simple cleansing bar (in conjunction with a hard hitting spot treatment) is what I've needed all along .. I don't know. If that's true, it makes me want to scream over the amount of money we've spent on prescriptions and stuff.<br/>Hoping and praying for continued clearing.