claire1030

About claire1030

Bronze Reviewer
Reviewed at least 5 products
Make it part of your acne regimen!
on 07/05/2015
I am a 26 year old female, and have suffered from acne for the past decade pretty consistently. It wasn't until about a year and half ago that I started seeing a new doctor and she helped me realize and address the fact that I wasn't drinking nearly enough water everyday. I realized that there were days (especially while stressed at work), that I would drink multiple coffees and no waters, without really noticing.<br/>I have seen a lot of improvement in my skin on Spironolactone, but I have also tried to consistently have 8-9 glasses of water per day- sometimes more. I have been able to literally stave off catastrophic breakouts in the making by drinking a ton of water and flushing out my system. When I am not hydrating properly, it shows on my skin within hours. I will go from only one or two very small pimples, to huge cysts that turn to scabs. If you are trying an acne treatment, couple it with plenty of water intake.
give it time, may have to move to higher doses.
on 18/01/2015
I started out on 50 mg twice daily for moderate hormonal acne. I didn't see much improvement after three months, and thought I was actually getting worse at times. The only change I noticed was decreased oil production. My derm upped by dose to 150 mg a day and after about two weeks of that, I started seeing more improvement than I did in the first three months of treatment. This pill takes time, and from my experience and what I have heard from others, it can take getting up to the higher doses to really see changes. I have now been on spiro for 5 months and my acne is 60 percent improved-- in the long run that is not very long for the results I am now seeing. If your derm starts you out on 50 or 100 mg, be patient. They have to make sure your levels are okay to tolerate the medication.
give it time, and couple it with an oral treatment
on 23/11/2014
This is not a miracle gel, but I don't really think any of them are if you really suffer from chronic or severe acne. I have had the worst time getting Tretinoin gels to work for me-- I am the first to say that I think they are more trouble than they are worth, and it's very hard to get past the "initial breakout", which is truly terrible. I found though that in this combination, the Clindamycin helped pimples heal faster and prevented them from getting yucky and more inflamed. I coupled Ziana with Spironolactone because I suffer from hormonal cysts, large pores, and oily skin. I started seeing results from this combination after about 6 weeks. I think that a lot of these gels need time, and they need to be paired with an oral treatment to be really effective. I don't really think there is one stop shopping with acne treatment.
Great brush for problem skin, but I would try cheaper alternatives first
on 20/02/2014
I have the Clarisonic Mia and I really like it. I think it's particularly good with removing makeup. My skin is so acne- prone that if I have one night of not very, very thoroughly removing my makeup I wake up with breakouts. In that sense, I do think that this is a superior cleanser. However, I've recommended the Neutrogena Wave as a first defense especially for people without problematic skin. I don't think the Clarisonic is far, far superior.
great alternative to expensive masks
on 20/02/2014
I was recommended this product by a nutritionist who had some experience with helping people find natural ways to overcome breakouts. I think it gets the job done and really makes me feel like I'm cleaning out my pores. I have spent a lot of money on expensive/fancy face masks that are supposed to have all these great natural cleansing properties but I really don't think they are any bit more effective than milk of magnesia.
Excellent coverage
on 25/11/2013
I cannot say more great things about this product. I suffer from a combination of active acne, scars, and some minor discoloration and this product provides great coverage and a matte appearance for my face. Also for a high end product it is not very pricey.
Still new to this product, but very happy so far
on 25/11/2013
I have tried several topical creams and oral antibiotics over the years with little to no significant improvement in controlling my acne. I started a natural approach to prevention and treatment and one of the components of that has been trying tea tree oil for topical treatment. I am very satisfied with the condition of my skin after about two weeks of this product. I have not had any major breakouts, and the ones I had, have been clearing up nicely with no scarring. My skin feels smoother and healthier. I have no idea whether or not this product is my miracle solution, but so far it's been a great alternative to expensive creams. I know that in studies it has been compared to the effectiveness of 5% salicylic acid but I personally think it's easier on the skin and more effective so far.
couldn't quite stick it out
on 24/11/2013
After about 3 months of suffering terrible breakouts after I started this gel, I decided I just couldn't do it anymore. I was getting deep, painful pimples that were leaving scars and I wasn't seeing improvement anytime soon.
Less than impressed
on 24/11/2013
I was very patient with this topical cream but after 8 months I have not seen noteworthy improvement.