Feelin'SomeRhythm

• Gender Male
  • Location United Kingdom

Junior Poster
Posted at least 20 different posts
The best cleanser I've ever used!
on 02/07/2013
Firstly, I should point out that this cleanser will do nothing for your acne, but that's why I love it. For topical treatment, I think it's best to follow a 3 step approach, just like that advocated on acne.org: cleanse -> treat -> moisturise. For the cleansing part, you just want to get your face clean with a product which isn't medicated. Frankly, you can't go wrong with this one! Don't be put off by the fact that it's a cream, this has never caused me to break out at all. It's lovely and soothing, and really helps the skin feel clean after use. What's more, unlike most cleansers, it doesn't dry the skin out at all! I only treat in the evenings (Differin), and in the mornings I could probably avoid using moisturiser if I wanted to.<br/>It's slightly expensive, but I highly highly recommend it!
Works great for a while, not worth it in the long-run
on 02/07/2013
I took oxytetracycline from October 2009 to April 2011. The drug took about 4 months to kick in but, once I did, I had flawlessly perfect skin. It was great! However, from around November 2010 the drug gradually decreased in effectiveness. Now that I've come off it my skin is worse than ever and I'm still suffering from this now, in July 2013. The chances are that the drug will help for a bit, but will then make your acne worse in the long run. For this reason, it just isn't worth it! I'm entirely sure that if I hadn't taken the drug, I would have naturally outgrown acne by now.