Blogs

• Start a blog to chronicle your journey through your acne treatment. Or just start one for fun
      entries
      comments
      views

Recent Entries

YellowCopy
    Latest Entry

DAY 6
    OK, so i haven't been wearing makeup and i feel really self conscious. Especially today because my flakiness started to show. I can't wait until this 1 month phase is over i just want to crawl into a ball all of summer.

Im doing a pea size of BP twice a day. Monday i will do 1/3 BP at night or morning AND night depending how my skin feels. 

This morning i saw a tiny pimple forming, and by the end of today it was a huge whitehead. I popped it again SOS i need to stop picking at my face. But it turned into a whitehead really fast considering it just started forming this morning.

By the time i got home today i saw slight flakiness around my mouth. When i put BP on today my eyes started to water a bit.

OK onto day 7...

entry
      comments
      views

Recent Entries

shae.jo
    Latest Entry

Started Accutane today, dermatologist started me on 35mg and advised to take it with then heaviest meal of they day. Learning not to lick my lips and apply chapstcik instead! So far sthe good, good bye adult acne...can't wait to start seeing some difference! :smileys_n_people_44:

1. So, it has been 1 week since I started Epuris 20mg, taken once a day. It is always hard to tell if the medication has started to take effect or if my mental state     believes it has. Therefore, please take these changes lightly as Epuris states it can take up to 2 weeks to fully start taking affect.

Changes in my body:

·                    - Itchy Skin all over - It started with being itchy on my face but then also moved to my legs and scalp.
                          Dry/Peeling Lips
           Pimples coming to the surface causing large whiteheads

Change in contraception method… After discussing with my doctor different options for birth control, her best suggestion for the way my body is came down to Nuvaring. Therefore, I had my IUS removed and have started Nuvaring which has a lower dose of estrogen than the birth control pill I was on that caused my migraines. This is now going to be a trial and error process to see if the addition of estrogen into my body will bring back my migraines. Stay Tuned!

Products I am currently using:
    •        Facial Wash - Oxy Emergency Acne Vanishing Facial Cleaner (recommended by the dermatologist – may be drying while on Accutane)
    •        Toner – Lush Tea Tree Water
    •        Moisturizer – Avene Hydrance Optimale Light Hydrating Cream
    •        Lip Care – La Roche Possay Cicaplast Levres barrier repairing balm (THE BEST)!
    •        Sunscreen – Kiehl’s Dermatologist Solutions Super Fluid UV Mineral Defense Broad Spectrum SPT 50+

The Picking Urge… Currently, I am only washing my face once a day in the evening. In the morning, I simply wash my face with water and tone with the Tea Tree Water. Throughout the week, I developed 2 whiteheads on my chin and 4 large whiteheads on my right cheek. In regard to the whiteheads on my cheek, I waited for them to crust over and I scratched them off, leaving red marks that have been lightening up since. However, the whiteheads on my chin, I took a lancet needle and then put a nexcare acne absorbing patch to let it all drain out. For those of you who haven’t heard or tried this product, you need to!! They can be found at Shoppers Drug Mart for around $12.99CAD for 30 patches (small and large) For best results, I recommended to lightly tear the skin where the whitehead is with a lancet needle so the white starts to secrete. Wipe the area off and immediately put a patch on the area. DO NOT SQUEEZE. I normally do this routine at night and when I wake up in the morning, the puss has all come out on the patch and you can actually see the white. Remove the patch, wash your face and voila! These has definitely saved me on many occasions where I felt the urge to squeeze.

IMG_8352.JPGIMG_8353.JPGIMG_8354.JPGIMG_8355.JPG

I am looking forward to what week 2 will bring me… Stay Tuned! 

2. Hi.

I'm going to keep this blog entry short and simple.

I can safely say that I'm NEVER going to order/use the acne.org products again (except the jojoba oil I have left).

It was too expensive for me (203$), it was a chore to do and for me it took like at least 1 hour out of the day, the flakiness and redness didn't disappear and most importantly, the regimen left me more uncomfortable with my skin than I was before.

Instead I'm trying to have a healthier lifestyle and love my skin, there are so many other "defects" that my skin could've had and it dosen't. I don't even have a lot of acne (though it got worse now when I'm quitting the regimen). I'm happy with my skin and the acne is going to go away, even if it takes years.

Bye! :)

entries
      comments
      views

Recent Entries

Davis.Ky
    Latest Entry

A lot has changed since I wrote my original post. When I wrote it I was regularly getting deep cystic acne on my chin and cheeks, and it got so bad that I ended up going to my dermatologist and getting claravis. Well, about a month after starting claravis i began to notice blood in my stool. That was my wake up call. I realized that taking this harsh medication was not the solution for my acne, it was a way for my dermatologist to sell pills. I realized that the real solution was to attack my cystic acne from the inside out rather than the outside in. And that is when I decided to become vegan. I did hours of research online about holistic remedies for cystic acne and found that all of the sources agreed that cutting out dairy was the best way to combat the inflammation that causes cystic acne in the first place. So, I completely cut meat, cheese and most refined sugars from my diet. It was tough, but I knew my skin would be thankful for it. Fast forward 5 months and my cystic acne is gone. I haven't gotten a big swollen cyst on my face in months and my skin looks better than it has in years. I am not saying I don't get acne (I'll get the occasional white head if i forget to wash my face or if i cheat on my vegan diet) but my cystic acne is completely gone. Also, once my skin began to clear up I decided to also begin exfoliating regularly and using apple cider vinegar on my skin as a toner, which is also doing wonders for my face. So the moral of the story? CUT OUT DAIRY!! Going vegan has changed my life and it can change yours too!

Additional info about diet and skincare routine:
    Diet 
    - No meat or dairy products. Red meat and dairy are scientifically proven to be inflammatory, and guess what causes cystic acne... Inflammation! Swap meat and dairy out for beans and green veggies so you can get your protein, iron and calcium. 
    - Very little processed foods. They are high in refined sugars which are bad for your skin.
    - Lots of water. Obviously. 
    - Buy a probiotic. Be nice to your gut! Your gut health is directly linked to your skin health. 
    Skincare Routine 
    - Mornings: I wash my face with Shea Moisture African Black Soap. I use an apple cider vinegar toner (one part acv two parts water), I spray it on my face out of a spray bottle to avoid touching my face. then I apply shea butter as a moisturizer (I only do this on my chin bc that is the area that gets dry). 
    - Nights: Same as above, but instead of moisturizing I take Epiduo gel (I still have it from when I used to got to the dermatologist and will probably stop using when I run out) and rub a thin layer over my problem areas. Epiduo usually dries my white heads out within a week. 
    - Exfoliating: I exfoliate 3 times a week (recommended for very oily skin). This step is so important because it washes away all that dead skin that clogs your pores and causes acne in the first place! I use a grainy exfoliant but I am getting a chemical exfoliant today and will update to tell how it is.  
    - Cold water splash: After you wash with hot water just splash some cold water on your face. It's very refreshing and closes your pores. 

3. Best Relationship Assistance:

If you are stuck with relationship issues which are taking a toll on your mental and physical health you need to go in for a distress therapy and consultation. Since avoiding all kinds of stress is necessary for a long and healthy living you need to take proper steps for stress management and plan how to reduce, prevent and cope with stress. Even in case of a relationship problem both the parties and couples get stressed up which is not a positive sign for anyone. So the moment you feel a stressful situation arising in your life you have to take the best remedial steps to minimize its impact in individuals and families.

Self-Realization:

crop this image

Since any form of stress in life that might be due to relationship issues, personal enmities, a long pending grudges might lead to fall of mental and physical health you have to consult the best counselors and therapists. You will need to undergo special mental treatment steps in addition to the usual relaxation procedures in order to live a contented and zero stress life. You need to realize your inner strengths and weakness and take the best remedial steps for a good mental and physical wellness.

Overcome Disappointments:

Since all kind of stressful relationship issues have to be monitored and tackled through proper procedures and guidance you require to choose your therapist appropriately. The first step for all kinds of counseling treatments is to go in for reducing you inner grudge levels and overall disappoint levels. A certified and registered medical therapist will guide you most appropriately about a particular stressful situation and steps needed to overcome them.

Certified Therapists:

You need to go in for registered and certified stress management consultants in Dallas and get quick solutions for all small and big relationship hassles. Whether you are getting stressed due to a business loss, a partnership problem or a marriage issue you can get best guidance through certified therapists. Since prevention is the best therapy for all kinds of stressful situations you need to follow best preventive steps under professional counselors and guidance agencies. The primary objective of a leading counseling agency is to reduce or minimize all kinds of reasons that lead to a conflict. You can get free advice and consultation through certified and experienced therapists and sort out all your relationship issues.

4. Quote

My first post will be an introduction into my own case so that others may understand what it is that I am suffering from, and the type of information I am looking for in other cases. If you are kind enough to share your story, please include as much detail about yourself as possible so that we may use symptomatic correlation to find our solution.

My skin condition: 
    The skin condition that I want to address in these blog posts is only concerning the scar-like, soft, flesh colored bumps that have appeared along the center of my chin and out towards the corners of my mouth. They are not pimples, acne, or hypertrophic scarring (though I will get into eliminated diagnoses later in this post), and they have gotten increasingly more noticeable in the last 3 years. Please see pictures for reference. 

My Health History:

To start, I am a 30 year old, 5'4" female who is approximately 30lbs over my healthy BMI weight
    I have a history of:
    • cystic acne that has been 'mostly' clear for 2-3 years. I occasionally have a breakout during my cycle, but these are rare and typically do not result in scarring and resolve within 1-2 weeks. My acne was particularly bad in my early teens and again in my early 20's. In my teens it was centralized in my T-zone, but during the later stages in my 20's was primarily along my jaw line.
    • large pores
    • excess oil production on my entire face, not just the t-zone. It is common for me to use 8-10 oil blotting sheets/day.
    • mild hair thinning (within the last 5 years)
    • mild male-pattern hair growth (mostly around the chin/upper lip area)
    • excessive sweating
    • Keratosis Pilaris on arms and legs
    • As a child I had a rare form of recurring Pityriasis Rosea- my last episode was when I was 25.

Woohoo! So, as you can see I was blessed with all the things that make women feel super sexy! Joking aside, for all of us struggling with these abnormalities, please try to remind yourself that there are people suffering with far, far worse. I know this condition (and others) can be embarrassing, unsightly, and all-together soul-crushing at times, but for every ugly bump we have is someone suffering from deforming burn scars, flesh eating bacterial infections, and life altering conditions that can't be treated or covered with makeup. I am CONFIDENT that we can not only treat what we have, but that there is a biological solution that does not require lasers, acid, or the use of a blade. 

My Current Skincare Routine:

In the past I have used every form of acne cleanser, lotion, topical treatment, and miracle fix you could think of. I wish I would have known about taking the simple, more natural approach before destroying my skin with chemicals. I have never taken oral treatments such as spironolactone or antibiotics, but I did use a lot of acid based products that irritated, burned, and angered my skin. The following routine has been consistent for the last year and a half, with slight variations in brands.

Night Routine: 
    • Remove makeup with hypoallergenic and non-comedogenic face wipes. I try to use something that is exfoliating. I particularly like Boots No7 Brand All in One Wipes. You get a lot for the price, they are well-saturated, and have never made me break out. 
    • I then tone my skin with witch hazel
    • Next I take a damp cotton pad and add a few drops of jajoba oil. I smooth the cotton pad over my face for the purpose of a "final cleanse" but also to moisturize and prep the skin. Jajoba oil will not clog pores as it is very close to human sebum. It actually can trick your pores into producing less oil. 
    • I then use a vitamin C serum to moisturize and help treat my uneven skin tone, light scarring, etc.
    • I have begun using Differin Gel in the last 3 months for the purpose of increasing skin cell turnover and improving my skin's texture and any residual scarring from my years of acne. I have been extremely happy with it and only had light redness and flaking within the first two weeks of use. Since then my skin has become more even toned, my scars have been fading, and I am able to wear a light coverage foundation (sometimes I wear nothing) without feeling as if my scars and discoloration are showing through. 

Morning Routine:
    • In the shower or at the sink I wash my face with another face wipe (this time I add a tiny bit of baking soda for exfoliation) and then tone with witch hazel. I use a light moisturizer for sensitive skin and usually add a drop of jajoba oil for added moisture to my cheek area. That's it!  I have not been breaking out on this routine and would feel comfortable recommending it to others. Both my night and morning routines are safe for people with sensitive skin with the exception of the differin gel. 

Prior diagnoses:

I have been told that these bumps are hypertrophic scarring, sebaceous hyperplasia, cholesterol deposits, fungal infection, and flat warts. While sebaceous hyperplasia seems to be the most common diagnoses, nothing about them looks like sebaceaous hyperplasia, nor do regular treatments for SH work. I say all of these are wrong, and it is actually something internal with either a hormone imbalance or thyroid disorder. 

I will post tomorrow with pictures and an explanation of all things I have tried!
  5. Nearly 3 months and there isn't much difference in my face. Lots of hidden, under the skin spots which are painful and annoying. The weather isn't great for my skin either, it's very hot ☀️. 
    Week11 (1).jpgWeek11.jpg

6. Had my final consultation today! Starting tomorrow on 20mg a day for the first month. Really want this done by the end of the summer so I can't wait to get started! 

entry
      comments
      views

Recent Entries

Background:

Hi everyone! Acne for me started around the age of 12. I had tried every over the counter product, with no success. By grade 11, I was desperate and finally went to see my family doctor. I asked him for Benzaclin (Duac), as my sister had success with it. Benzaclin worked well for me, clearing up about 60% of my acne, but never making my skin fully clear. I was on it for 3 years, even though around the 2 year mark, it stopped making any difference what so ever. I went to a derm last week, to which she prescribed me Epiduo as a last topical attempt for my skin, before switching to oral pills. I thought I'd create a progress log to share with everyone how this product is working for me. 

The type of acne I have is pretty stubborn. I don't get very many cysts, but a ton of small whitehead and regular spots all over my face. The major trouble area are my cheeks that get lots of red, hard to heal bumps. I definitely do think its hormonal, but don't know for sure. 

First application/routine: 

Since this medication can be irritating, the derm recommended I use a gentle cleanser, and good moisturiser before application. I wouldn't necessarily categorise my skin as sensitive. I don't notice much burning with this product, just slight stinging only if I really focus on it, although that doesn't last long. At night, I wash my face with CeraVe hydrating cleanser, and then apply CeraVe Hydrating cream. I wait ten minutes then apply the product to my face. In the morning, I just rinse thoroughly with water to give my skin a break from the chemicals, and then repeat. With this routine, my skin hasn't been drying out bad.

Week 1: 

Within the first couple days, my skin seemed to be getting better. It seemed as if my new routine was quickly healing the pimples already on the surface of my skin.  I'm at the 6 day mark to be exact, and am noticing a slight breakout. I may already be experiencing an initial breakout, or purge. I have a lot of stubborn acne that has always been stuck under the surface of my skin. These pimples may finally be purging out. Hopefully this breakout doesn't last too long. Will be back for week 2 to update! If you guy have any questions, I'd love to answer! :) 
      entries
      comments
      views

Recent Entries

Symph0nik
    Latest Entry
    Sudocrem Antiseptic Healing Cream. It's the only thing that's providing me decent results. That's all I have to say.
  7. So I'm nearing the end of my fourth pack now, I have skipped every single pill break because I don't want to get spots during the break. I did research and apparantley it's safe to do so and there is no medical reason for having the 7 day pill break (but don't know this for sure so I would check with your doctor before doing so).

Just wanted to give you an update on my skin, so my skin has stayed pretty clear however I have had a few spots. I believe it may have been to do with me going out a lot recently so haven't been as religious with my skincare routine but yeah it was nothing serious just a few pimples. I really do think the treclin gel has helped my skin though so really recommend it if you can cope with the initial breakout from it in the first few months. That's the only problem but what I also like about it is that it prevents wrinkles and even though I'm only 20 it's just quite satisfying that it should prevent aging compared to benzoyl peroxide which I personally think does the opposite. 

My skin has become a lot less oily recently like I would say when I wake up it's a bit oily but nothing compared to what it used to be and I would now say at my skin is a bit dry. At the end of the day you foundation (estee Lauder double wear)  just looks super dry and cracking underneath so I'm going to have to change this to a less drying foundation! But for anyone that's oily skin who needs a foundation with staying power and that doesn't melt away during the day then I would highly recommend Estée Lauder double wear! 

8. On Thursday, June 15th, 2017, I had my third subcision treatment for acnescars in Dallas. Dr. John L Burns did my first in August 2016, second in January 2017, and third, a few days ago. 

The first time I did not suction the skin after because I wasn't educated about it.
    The second time I suctioned every day for a week or so to prevent the skin from reattaching to improve collagen production. 
    This is my third time having the subcision procedure done and I will be suctioning as well. I use a plastic cupping tool that sucks the air out to lift and pull the skin away. 

Dr. John L Burns subcised the skin and drew my blood from my left arm to be used to apply platelet rich plasma to the skin topically and subdermal through injection. 
    I will be posting photos to track my progress. I feel as though i've seen progress in my skin but understand that it will take some time to reach desirable results. 

First six pictures are "Day of" (06.15.17) pictures. 
    Pictures taken immediately after and after i got home. 

front face post subcision.jpg

post subcision front face.jpg

post subcision left face .jpg

post subcision left face.jpg

post subcision right side .jpg

post subcision right side.jpg

9. My moms always said that “ you guys are lucky because I understands your feelings. “ But I will never believe that because she don’t, and never understands my feelings about my acne.

About last year, I was a 7th graders, my hair cover up my forehead and unfortunately, I got a lot of acne and since I know nothing about it ,( because I didn’t any knowledge about acne ) I keep popping it and touching my acne.

Later that summer, my acne got worst ( only the forehead ) and my dad suggests that I should see a dermatologist and my mom agree, it took them about 5 months or half a year to take me to go see her ( which is February 2017, summer is August 2016 ). At that time, my acne still on my forehead. ( not on chin and cheek, I do got blackheads on nose )

Then finally the day come.

I ask her many questions about preventing acne which seems like forever, what to eat and what to avoid etc, my mom feels like I am “ bothering her “ (Jesus, that’s what a dermatologist should do, mom :) ) too much, she pull me back and the doctor start to write medicine for me ( she did check my whole face , again, I didn’t have any more acne in face accept for forehead. ). I have Klenzit - C cream  for acne treatment.

Few months later acne start to approaching my cheeks. Which is about March or April. I start to feel WORST about it and whenever I got acne when I woke up, I feel it is the end of the world. Even though there is rarely to have whitehead acne ( because I got blind acne all the time ) it start to grow everywhere on my cheeks. I see Klenzit - C cream as my angel because it help me save my acne overnight. ( about 5 dollars or so)

Whenever I eat something that may cause acne, I use klenzit c immediately.

Day to day klenzit C started to run out. I ask my mom to buy it but she won’t agree, she said “ the doctor only allows you to use it in 2 weeks “ ( I use it for 2 months ) “ you have to start to use ZA cream [ azelaic acid ] “ I won’t agree because it took days to clear out acne.

When Klenzit C start to run out, I cut it in half and squeeze to get every single drop that it have left.

I have cut it in half and use it, the next morning my acne got worst. I mean seriously.

I’m a teenager, and I have a diet and acne-free-face plan in the same time.  ( 49kg, 1m59 )

I don’t have my own money, so I have to use ZA cream.

My acne got worst now.

After I ate a white bread about 2 weeks ago, that night my face are really itchy and red ( seems like allergic ) and it continue, I don’t know why because I ate bread for the past years and I’m not getting any allergic.

So I doing some research online and ask my mom about it, she said “ it maybe be hidden acne or allergic.”, and the internet said “ gluten face” or some kind of having redness on face. And I still don’t know what kind of face I have. It happen at night or at evening, some part on my cheek got red and really itchy, I could see some hidden acne, or that may be some kind of red dots.

Then till now, June, I have hidden acne all over my cheeks.

I talk to my mom about going to the dermatologist again because I can’t take it anymore. I try this several of time at April and May, but she won’t agree.

I see this is a really serious problem, it’s like my health and other important stuff and my mom be like “ your face is perfect for the puberty time” and I was being sarcasm. I said to her “ if you are sick, you go see the doctor, I got acne and I want to see dermatologist ( I learn this online )” She be like “ I don’t want to talk about this anymore. “

Acne is a serious problem for me, my friends, middle popular have a super acne free face, my face is like scars on nose ( blackheads ), acne scars, and hidden acne, red, too. When people are looking at me I turn my face all the way away, I don’t want any body to see my acne face. Even my crush, I think I’m acting like a weirdo, right ? I think I’m being rude, but that’s the only option I have.

I go online, search for everything. And the problem is I have no money, my mom doesn't allow me to buy that

It said “ I have to be stress-free.”, but I can’t, my family is an Asians one. I have a “ test your happiness “ online and mine is 55/100. Surprise ?

I talk about acne all days, and talk about acne to my mom whenever I see her. She be like “ STOP BEING SO WORRY ABOUT YOUR FACE, I’M SICK OF IT.” and one more “ BECAUSE YOU ARE SO FREE THAT YOU CARE ABOUT YOUR ACNE ALL DAY AND HELP US NOTHING.” I know this is rude, but I have to say “ Oh shut up, you understands nothing.”

I really want to see a dermatologist now, but she s aids it is really expensive and waste of money ( about 1 million VND, ~ $50.00 ), and I don’t have money, I really want to go, what should I do to convince her to let me? After all those deny, will she let me to see the dermatologist again ?
    Maybe your mom sometime said " your skin is perfectly fine with the puberty age." 

10. Although this month has been the hardest with symptoms, I'm starting to see amazing results. 

My joint pain is so bad I can't do yoga anymore since my back and hips are so sore all the time, so I started taking fish oil but it hasn't helped yet. I also have been getting crazy pounding headaches that go away on their own but I'm not sure whats causing them because I literally drink at least 3 liters of water every day. 

After a bad beginning to the month my face has finally calmed down. I introduced coconut oil to my routine which I know can be pore-clogging but it honestly has made the biggest difference in my skin texture. I don't have any active acne, just dark marks. My skin has never looked so good under makeup either. My pores are sooo tiny and since I have no oil production my makeup lasts from early morning when I get to work until late at night, which is amazing.

I am so grateful to be given this opportunity to take this medication. It has made my life so much easier in that my self confidence is so much higher now. While so many have far bigger problems to deal with, I am very fortunate that something as small as acne was the only thing holding me back. So many of us, including myself, have so much privilege in this world that we tend to take for granted. Be thankful!!!

Also if anyone is wondering, I have been drinking alcohol moderately (5-7 drinks per week probs) and my lab results have come back perfect. Just make sure to hydrate a ton, like a glass of water per drink, because you will have a headache when you wake up if you don't.

IMG_2148.JPGIMG_2149.JPG

IMG_2187.JPGFullSizeRender.jpg

entry
      comments
      views

Recent Entries

Hi everyone, I wanted to create a blog so I can track my progress and also get any tips from anyone else who is using the acne.org treatment

Background: I am 18 year old college student. I have mild acne, a lot of acne scars and have used BP before. When I heard of the acne.org regimen I was intrigued and believed that it would help me clear my acne because my skin was already used to BP. Before the regimen I used BP about every night or whenever I needed it, I also used salicylic acid, both were bought from the drugstore. 

The first couple weeks were very difficult, my skin became very dry. My skin was usually more oily than dry, however, once I started the regimen I realized that I have combo skin. I did not purchase the moisturizer from acne.org I used ponds dry skin moisturizer or cetaphil. From my experience with ponds I think it is too thick for my skin but it works well. Once I am done with it I might go back to using cetaphil.

I didn't follow the instructions when it came to AHA because I believed that my skin was already used to BP I used it earlier than when I was told to.
    Because of that my skin became irritated and I started breaking out even more!!

Right now I am fighting all those acne scars and acne from my mistakes but I havent noticed too many new pimples. Only three small ones appeared and I believeit to be due to my diet. 

Cheese usually causes my skin to break out in my forehead and too much sweets or chocolate causes break outs everywhere else. 

I have also noticed that the cheek I seep on the most ( when sleeping on my side) has more pimples, so now I am working on changing my pillow cases more and wrapping my hair every night.

I will give it 4 months if I dont see clear skin, I will start using salicylic acid again and buy a higher BP percentage.

entry
      comments
      views

Recent Entries

oily skin, acne for 12 yrs, been on retin a for 6 yrs, cystic acne

AM
    simple miscellar water
    stridex pads - red box
    rinse with water
    dr carver's miracle repair serum
    mizon snail gel cream
    shea oil with tea tree oil
    cerave am or blue lizard sensitive if going outside

PM
    simple miscellar water to remove makeup and sunscreen, skip if not worn
    cerave hydrating
    retin a micro .1 gel
    dr carver's miracle repair serum
    mizon snail gel cream
    cerave in the tub
    shea oil with tea tree oil

some nights i skip retin a and use alpha hydrox AHA lotion 10%

WEEKLY
    colloidal oatmeal mask 1x
    bentonite clay mask 1x

notes: i bought humphrey's redness reducing witch hazel on ebay for $4. it's on the way. i remember my skin was better when i used witch hazel. it will be here in a few weeks. i'm also considering getting some bp gel if i keep breaking out. not sure where i'Lloyd fit this in my routine! iremember my skin was better when i used this! i have to buy some more soon.

i have whiteheads + cysts scattered all around my face: forehead, temples, chin, and cheeks! i recently upped my retin a dose and i wonder if i'my purging from that. it'seems been a month! i am using the strongest dose with no side effects and it's not helping. time to add BP? what can i do?

i'm depressed and don't take selfies lately

entry
      comment
      views

Recent Entries

last month in accutane how can ı do my face after the treatment ı am not sure is it good or bad  say me how is looking my face

20170520_143604.jpg

20170609_183758.jpg

20170609_183827.jpg

11. TuTzY

entry
      comments
      views

Recent Entries

TuTzY21
    Latest Entry

I honestly always had acne issues since maybe 16yrs old but the only time they would become noticeable to me was when I was on my period. However, ever since I moved from Jamaica and have been living in Hobbs, NM for the past 2 years my face has gotten so messed up that I can even upload a picture without editing it. Even though I would rather 0 filter my face is too ugly for that right now. I have tried Jamaican Black soap which really helps with the oily-ness of my skin(which is extremely oily;my diet has a lot to do with that though if I'm going to be honest) but the acne is still jus poping up 1 after the other. I've also tried egg an cinnamon mix and neutrogena products and 1 clean and clear product that had some blue beads in it. I've honestly given up on my face now. Hence, why it really can't hurt to try 1 more thing. If this doesn't work and I just look worse, my face was already bad to begin with. 

Wish me luck. 

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

entry
      comments
      views

Recent Entries

Intro
    I have been fighting acne since I was 16 or so- sometime in the high school. In the beginning I didn’t care much and it was quite ok, but getting worse – ten I got some cleansers that made it better after every use. But Then after some time it was really drying – around second year into it. Around that time I also got scars on my temples, almost not anywhere else.
    When I was 20 or so I switched to natural versions of everything. Since then my acne got better and when I cleaned it I would even look like I have no acne at times. But my back and chest acne was always quite bad and much worse than the face.

I became researching into acne recently more than ever, I improved my diet, I exercise regularly, but not excessively. I used to exercise a lot for half a year around a year ago which helped my acne a bit more but still not cleared it but then I had to eat too much in order to maintain my weight because I also have moderate digestive issues. I am sure it is correlated because in periods when I had good digestion my acne was also much better (100% clear on a good day)
    before going caveman I always had to clean my face twice or more times a day – although I recently was washing my face only with 100% natural cleansers or with things like green tea – it wasn’t drying but my face would get oily by the end of the day and probably bring a few pimples.

I welcome any thoughts or remarks

Day 1 Started on Friday evening – first evening not hard because I had just showered so I didn’t have to skip much
    (note: I am spraying salt and probiotics on face and body- sort of a cheating I hope- should help the good bacteria establish and stay there and be there quick after any intrusion(it did help my body acne a little (salt) in two days)
    I don’t know if that is a good way to do it but there is a product that promotes skin bacteria and it includes salt

Day 2 Saturday – I had football so I didn’t do anything except shower after – I wiped my face with a hand to get off greasiness – might have prolonged the beginning- also in the evening I popped two whites on forehead- probably bad idea since on Sunday I got three new ones

Day 3 Sunday – got 6 or 7 more throughout the day – about the same as with my old regimen but none of them seem too harsh and if I wanted I would pop them all out easily – probably easier than normally
    also popped two on my body – today no shower, no nothing – water touched only a bit around mouth due to brushing – should try to be more gentle with that one too (later on I started making my own toothpaste or brush with coconut oil only)
    going to sleep with a greasy face – but not that greasy I can say already – after more than 24 hours since last washing – also leaving sunblock on – they say better than washing it off and also I get some protection right
    the rest of the skin where I don’t have pimples – everywhere except around mouth and on chin looks better – more even

Day 4 Monday – although I didn’t have a shower the day before, as I said more than 24 hours – in the morning my skin wasn’t that oily – it was more oily than it would normally have been but.
    So in the morning it was better than the day before- about 3 new pimples but the ones from day before were healed-ready to fall off(I had put jojoba oil on the forehead spot where I had had three of them)
    in the morning I did my sprints – after that I showered and let water on my face for 10 seconds or so but didn’t touch – I still have residue of sunblock from Saturday and I am going to actually leave it on and get benefits of sunblock without putting it on.
    the face is itching – it looks much better than it would normally but it is really itchy all the time – normally I would probably just cleanse it and it would be ok for a few hours – now I will go and spray some salt water or probiotic water on but it doesn’t help much

I still think this way of cheating is the way to go- helped my back acne- still is helping It – I have got maybe two or three new small pimples on my back and chest combined and the rest looks smooth and rested

It still not perfect – at home I have a water filter and think that could be helping especially now doing water only –

My hair is great – not having washed for maybe a week and it is not getting any more oilier – only problem is that when I scratch it i pick up a lot of build-up from the scalp – I think that will become dandruff if I do it too often which I kind of do
    my nose is still good – only on the left side I got a little pimple but ok – the rest look congested and is itchy but nothing actually happens – normally I would get on average 1.5 pimple a day there
    today I checked the back of my neck – not bad but I thought It would be better since there is nothing sticking out or painful – probably is even a scar – that will get better however with no poo routine
    also neck is really nice – as well as around ears – and sides of forehead – is just brown and even except for one pimple on each side of the neck – around 10 days old – but getting better

Day 5 Tuesday
    we went on a trip – sweating, not resting, wearing a cap
    I had three new big whites from the morning above my mouth and one bellow, as well as one on the side
    that was horrible – but I didn’t touch it and by the end of the day I had two more and these were really big
    by the end I really stung but since we came back at 22.30 I didn’t shower, anything

Day 6 Wednesday
    those from yesterday subsided – I could scrub them off immediately
    but I have got a two under my mouth that are inflamed from under and one on a temple – scary
    but body acne is better than previously – black heads are just going up and ready to fall
    skin texture and evenness is getting better
    I am going running now so after I will let water on my face and also in hear so I hope I will look ready to go out(as if)

Day 10 Monday – 5 days since last post
    much better now – I have been showering daily but I don’t wipe my face, only let water on the face for 5 second or so
    my hair is not pretty bad, still picking at it and the dandruff seems really bad – wasn’t that bad until after yesterdays’s football match
    since the beginning I have been thinking about this a very often – like 2 hours a day – but among people I really feel more confident than I have in months – despite my 3 whiteheads that even my friend pointed at. So I am also growing out my beard – my facial hair is not perfect but after initial itchiness it seems much better everyday – the worst it was on Saturday after the party
    since the regimen I feel like I am in control of my acne and life in general,

Tuesday day 11
    Just like ainother day, in the morning I got one or two whites on my chin – normal stuff but they are ok.
    it is better every day – my skin is not flakey, is just even and even on the temples it is only better than yesterday.
    my problem now is that although I am really confident now, I still keep thinking about it and I am anxious to see the improvement – fortunately, unlike most anything in the past it is helping so my confidence doesn’t go down with it but still it makes my thoughts busy.
    yesterday I had a busy day working and after that went running – that was the only water on my face
    showers with the filter seem much better for my hair so I think it does help-I bought one for about 20 dollars from china.
    my face is always itching – I actually pop forehead and chin pimples by clenching and moving my face muscles the way it wrinkles and makes pressure and pops the pimple. I think it is not ideal by my restlessness just doesn’t go away overnight.
    now in the evening I think, I get a few, like 2 whites more throughout the day. It just takes more time, they are mostly ok, but also they appear at the place where I move the mouth muscles.

Day 12
    again a few more pimples throughout the day- I think about 4 altogether
    also there is the dead skin finally building up at places where I have or had acne – the color is yellowish. No build-up at places where I didn’t have acne but I imagine it would take hundreds of cotton balls to clean
    Pimples that come up go away quickly- within one day but new pimples keep coming up almost the same rate as before

12. Hey Girls,

Sorry I haven't posted a blog recently, I've been super busy and stressed with university assignments and exams... but they're over now, time to relax.
    I've noticed since I've last posted that the stress that comes with university related work creates... yes you guessed it... more pimples! Yay, hooray! :(
    Honestly starting to get impatient now, but I'm honestly still clinging onto hope and sticking to my daily and nightly routine/ regime.

My skin has somewhat cleared up, but, like I've mentioned, I've been getting the medium-sized super red pimples on my cheeks and forehead, even a blind pimple that absolutely kills, on my chin... and I'd say they're from stress :( wah! I wish my skin had cleared up on the third-fourth packet of the pill like some people had mentioned in the reviews... lucky people!

Anyway, still hanging in there. I honestly cannot wait to be confident in my own skin, it's the worst feeling having to look away from bright lights just so people don't have to look at my skin, or to not be afraid to go out during the day without makeup :( I hate this so much omg. Anyway! Positivity and baby steps! I think maybe because  I am so focused on my skin, is what's making it out as if it is taking forever? Anyone the same? Grrr.

Thanks for reading my blog post, sure will be more to come and definitely photos by Thursday-Friday.

Thank you again xx

13. I am believer that the most important part about health is what we eat and drink. I love kale and spinach and veggies, but I also love mac and cheese,donuts ,cakes, and fries. Part of me wants to be very healthy and another part of me believes in balance and martinis. When I had acne, I was doing so much research on good supplements and healthy foods, so I  still practice a lot of it. My skin is damaged from acne and I still break out if I skip some of my regime and at the same time now I have to fight wrinkles and sagging. So this is what I take on daily basis:

I start my morning with a shot of Apple Cider and some water
    I add a spoon of collagen powder to my coffee
    I take 2 pills of Milk Thistle and head to work
    At work before lunch I take 1 MSM pill, 2 Vit C and 1 Folic Acid
     In Afternoon I drink a cup of Pure Matcha tea
    Through out  the day I drink warm water with a whole lemon

unnamed (1).jpg

entries
      comments
      views

No blog entries yet

entries
      comments
      views

Recent Entries

KelseyAnn24
    Latest Entry

So today I've got a hurtful zit on my chin more near the center than where I get them usually near my jawline. Lathered the BP on there, expecting this to grow into a big one. :(
     also noticed a small Whitehead on right side of my chin - again put BP on there, hopefully this one won't turn big red and with a huge Whitehead but that's my luck these days :/

trying to remain positive - the more stressed out I get about these spots the worse it will get. I'm pretty sick & tired of feeling rubbish all the time. Want to go out with my friends tomorrow so I pray by some miracle my skin is ok!!

also have to confess - have been squeezing a few past couple of days. My spots scar regardless so I feel like squeezing them just speeds up the process... going to stop doing that now though. 

fingers crossed for the next few days.