Blogs

• Start a blog to chronicle your journey through your acne treatment. Or just start one for fun
  1. Hello again! It's been a while, but I wanted to check in. It's week 7 now (I think) since I have started. 
    So far I have seen progress, but am not clear by any means. Good news is, mostly everything has cleared up on my chin. In fact my t-zone looks fantastic which is weird since that's the only place I would ever get any acne real bad. My cheeks are still having some issues though. Lots of small but painful pimples on the sides. Aside from that, my face in general is just super red. My dermatologist said it would remain red for the duration of my treatment and subside probably a couple weeks after finishing... but I guess it's not so bad. Dryness is about the same. Very dry lips that need aquaphor all the time otherwise (this is not an exaggeration) it feel like they will fall off or rip apart. But I am really good at keeping them moisturized, so that usually only happens after a shower or something. Eating can be an issue too as it wipes off the aquaphor... so reapply, reapply, reapply after every bite. I'm sure I look like a lunatic, but whatever.  And let's not forget the flakes! Constant flakes on my face all the time. Usually really bad in the morning, okay throughout the day after I've applied lotion/serum galore to my face, and not super great after work but it could definitely be worse. 
    No new side effects which is great. A little bit of body soreness, but that could also be due to the fact that I'm training for a run... although I'm sure the accutane doesn't help! 
    Anyways, that is pretty much all I have. Let me know if you have any questions/want some information on the products I am using. 

2. The first week is over! :) 

The only real effects I'm feeling (so far)from the Roaccutane is tiredness. The sore throats have eased a lot. 

My face is a tiny bit dry today around the bottom of my nose and eyelids, and it felt quite stingy earlier on, but it's since gone! 

One week over. I'm ending everyday thinking that it's another day done and over with! :) 

3. So I saw the doctor this afternoon and she has sent me for a blood test to check the liver, Kidneys and Pancreas. She is also sending me for an ultrasound to check on them too. So that's good. Now just to wait for the blood test results. Being in the UK I wont have the scan for around a month.
    She advised I carry on with the tablets but if the pain gets worse I should stop until we know if there is anything wrong.

4. Latest Entry

I'm not applying retin a or clindamycin to my neck but for some reason I'm breaking out like crazy over there. Has anyone experienced this? It's like my acne couldn't come out on my face so it moved to my neck??? So weird. 

5. Hello everyone, today is my 66th day , I recently went up to 30 mg from the previous 20mg a day, I think there was a fluke in my last blood test , so I'm very happy this one worked out in my favor, the doctor said I might be on it for a year , unless they can keep using my dosage. So we'll see! But my back still kills but nothing else really , expect dry lips image.jpeg

entry
      comments
      views

Recent Entries

Latest Entry

I´m on my fourth day on Accutane today, and I can already feel some of the side effects. So far it seems I´ve gotten more clogged pores (maybe they are coming to the surface, hopefully). I am already getting flaky patches on my face, mainly on my nose. My lips feel a little puffy and sensitive. I´ll be updating in a few days.

6. May 4th 2016 - BP: Using a pea sized amount at night only (Mixing AHA w/ Moisturizer for forehead, skin above mouth, nose and cheeks only) / Chin: Slightly less red but still red
    Yesterday night, my skin didn’t hurt! I could sleep super well..! There were some days that it was so hard to sleep since it hurts and burns…(So I woke up many times)

This morning after washing my face, my skin still look raw with the pink-red patches, scabs, dead skin and more… (on my chin) – Since I have to be gentle (Regimen), I don’t wash ‘hard’ with my hands, I just let the water glide on my skin.. with a few splashes. Which is weird, since I’m used to the ‘squeaky clean feeling’… Now it feels weird, since the dead skin are still sticking to my skin ..

A few of my acne are coming to a head. The pimples on the skin above my mouth are coming to a head. The acne on my chin also. A few are still inflamed. The clogged pores on my forehead are still there, but I can feel a few more of them (bumpy) so I think they are starting to come out a lot more.

I felt the burning sensation after applying the BP tonight…But not when I used the Moisturizer. (I use a little bit more BP tonight) I also added a few drops of Jojoba Oil to my Moisturizer. I think this will really help with the tightness and dryness of my skin right now. Because when I woke up this morning, my skin felt tight when I tried to move my mouth even after 2 pumps of Moisturizer.

My conclusion after 1 week on the Regimen: Only a slight improvement. Skin went crazy, breakout, purging, acne hurts, scabs, burning, redness, raw skin, tightness, sore, couldn’t sleep, crying, sad, doubts, wanting to give up…

AM
    Acne.org Cleanser (2 pumps)
    Acne.org Moisturizer (1 pump)

Skin Balancing Ultra-Sheer Daily SPF 30

PM
    Acne.org Cleanser (2 pumps)
    Wait 10-15 min for skin to dry completely
    Acne.org BP (
    on affected areas = forehead, chin and skin above mouth)
    Wait 15-20 min (or when I feel skin is dry enough)
    Acne.org Moisturizer (2 pumps) + Jojoba Oil (a few drops)
    + Mixing a small amount of AHA+ w/ Moisturizer for forehead, skin above mouth, nose and cheeks only (not the chin area)

7. Working outside in the summer and accutane definitely do not mix! I am not complaining that it has been a beautiful day..should never complain about having sunshine but i look like a lobster!
    I had my factor 50 on but work is so busy at this time of year you just don't have time to pop off and re-apply sunscreen, I've always caught the sun easily as I am such an outdoorsy person (weathered) but people can't believe the colour of me already and I can't explain it as no-one other than my closest friend knows that I am taking it...

8. 456375-smoking-getty-images.jpg

The dangers of smoking near a child have been well-documented and now, a new study has revealed that exposure to tobacco smoke inside the home can increase their childhood illnesses.

Researchers analysed 2011-2012 data from the National Survey on Children's Health, which is conducted by the US Centres for Disease and Control Prevention's National Centre for Health Statistics. They looked at patterns of health care utilisation among children ranging in age from newborn to 17 who were living with smokers compared with those who not exposed to tobacco smoke at home.

Results showed a total of 24% of the 95,677 children in the study, corresponding to a weighted total of 17.6 million children across the United States (US), lived with smokers. About 5% of the children lived with someone who smokes inside the home, equivalent to a weighted sum of 3.6 million US children.

Researchers said that children who lived with a smoker or who had exposure to tobacco smoke inside the home were significantly more likely to have had any medical care visit, including sick care. At the same time, researchers said, they were considerably less likely to have had any dental care visits.

Lead author Ashley Merianos of the University of Cincinnati said that settings with a high volume of children exposed to tobacco smoke at home, including paediatric emergency departments, could serve as effective outlets for health messages to inform caregivers about the dangers of smoking around children and help decrease these potentially preventable tobacco smoke exposure-related visits and associated costs.

The research is being presented at the Paediatric Academic Societies 2016 Meeting.

Source:https://www.ourncr.com/news/fitness/exposure-to-tobacco-in-home-increases-risk-of-childhood-illness-new-study-19894
  9. This week I started my 4th pack of Yasmin and it's the first time that it didn't broke me out at all (not complaining about the one teeny tiny spot I got) like it used to do while starting a new pack. My face hasn't been pimple-free since ages. 
    Yasmin has work wonders for me so far. My periods are the most regular they have ever been. It hasn't done a lot to prevent my excessive hair growth, but the doc told me that I'll probably see difference after a couple more months of using the pill.
    I did changed my diet (back to being vegan, but not HCLF), just to make me feel happier and more energetic throughout the day. Also I've added a new skin care product, 1% Retinol treatment from Paula's Choice. Have been loving it since the first application. 

FullSizeRender-2.jpg

10. Latest Entry
    This entry will be rather short, as it serves no importance other than to voice my frustrations.

WHY...is popping acne so addictive? Do I really think that the 3,902th time I touch a pimple will be the time it pops and doesn't scar?

WHY...don't I ever learn? I had a black spot on my chin that was bugging me. Been there for 3-4 weeks. Very clearly far under the skin and a closed comedone. Does that stop me from trying to get it out? Nope. Now I've scratched my skin to shreds and it looks 10x's worse than it did if I had just let it be.

WHY...can't I be patient and positive? My skin isn't getting any worse. In fact, I've been waking up with fewer and fewer pimples and I'm less red. Regardless, at the sight of one new white head (which I haven't had in days!) I get all angsty. I need to cut the crap. Stress makes your skin worse!

GAAHHHHHHHH.
      entry
      comments
      views

Recent Entries

Latest Entry

Hi there! My first entry in this blog, so I hope it goes well.
    Happy Monday! How was your Monday? I hope it was great. I mostly love my Mondays, it changes up your routine after the weekend. I love getting dressed, making plans and just getting excited for work.
    Last couple weeks my skin was acting up, and it got me a tad worried. I kept getting tiny zits that were easily covered with makeup, but still...I am so focused on my body these days with the summer approaching that I forgot about my face. I do of course wash it, moisturize and protect, but extra steps like serums and peels were forgotten.:/
    I have realized that my weekly peels at home are the must for me. So yesterday I made sure to get my favorite peel.  I love Mandelic Acid peel at the moment, It does not  hurt that much and seems to give me subtle glow..  After the peel,  I apply some natural oils- sometimes black seed oil, sometimes coconut, sometimes Rosehip or Maracuja oil ( no more Maracuja oil at the moment , gave it to my mother. -_-). Those oils all work great so I switch them up.
    I do not get any breakouts when I get the peel, it unclogged my pores and gets rid of my tiny breakouts around the face. I also have noticed the overall improvement in my skin texture, it is very subtle though.  I have attached the photos of the peel I am curretly using and the oils. I am sure there are other brands out there, but that is what I have found online so far. haha  I hope that helps. Thank you!

mandelicacid.JPG

organic-rosehip-seed-oil-4oz.jpg

premium-black-seed-oil-1oz-27.jpg

tarte-Marcuja-oil-4.jpg

11. Day 34-62 - Finished Month 2 - Dermatologist Appointment  40-80 mg

Day 34: The inside of my nose is so much drier! It hasn't bled but its close... more annoying than anything. Nasal spray & Vaseline = life savers.

I noticed 2 little pimples last night - one on my forehead & one on my chin. Just little dudes so not even stressin' about them! ;)

My jaw line is for sure better! The cystic acne is a lot flatter, a little bumpy but nothing like before. My neck just has the red spots from the acne, looks awful but nothing there! 

My face is little more dry but again nothing that isn't manageable with some good product. 

Hair is fabulous! Not washing it everyday is FANTASTIC! Normal people don't know how easy they have it!!!!!!!!!

Day 35-36: Loving my hair! Day 3 of not washing my hair - talk about some big hair! Like they say: bigger the hair-closer to god ;) I had some people at work check my hair & they had no idea that i hadn't washed my hair for 3 days!

Day 37: Washed my hair, i probably could have gone another day but i felt the need to wash it...maybe that will pass in time...  

My face is a lot better, only 1 faint bump on my jaw line - 1! I cant remember the last time i didn't have something going on there! The other 2 i got this week, the one on my chin is just fading away - the one on my forehead - still there, just chillin' - not any bigger or smaller wtf? lol.  I did do an experiment last night, not putting anything on my lips after my awesome product wore off after dinner. Holy! Cow! I could feel my lips slowing just drying out - i can totally see what using only chapstick would be like. Awful! Painful! I had a moment that my lips were so dry they almost cracked. Ugh! Slattered on my Agave Lip Mask/Aquphor combo and was immediately better. I tend to use Aquaphor at night. (Cant handle that tacky/super thickness at work...i look weird too...) No dry lips when i get up in the morning. 

Day 38-42: I started to notice i wasn't as thirsty as before & my nose wasn't as dry but i was still thirsty & was still dry... thought maybe it was due to some cooler weather that came in.. i would go back to being drrrrrrry once the weather went back to normal. My face didn't feel as dry, i felt like i didn't need moisturizer anymore... what the heck is going on? Maybe Accutane isn't going to work for me anymore? Should i change the time of day i take it?? Is my acne just going to come back cause i'm pretty clear now???

Instead of searching the internet for answers i called my doctor who said that the less dryness is my body's way of adjusting to the meds, which means they will up my dose the next time. Perfectly normal. She said its riding the roller-coaster of dryness of Accutane. Which made total sense! I wondered why some people on YouTube got a bump in dosage & others didn't. I am not back to my normal oil slick skin but i'm flaky dry either - its hard to explain - my makeup still lasts all day, still have great oil free hair (as i type this i'm on day 4!! DAY 4 OF NOT WASHING MY HAIR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) I almost have a dewy skin look, which looks great! Not the one glance & you think Dang! that girl needs to put some lotion on her face! I could totally be content with life if i had skin like this after accutane. Do you hear the angels singing??? ;)

Had a couple of breakouts, that came & went. I do have a big one that popped out yesterday on my jawline/neck- the kind that hurt but its just the one. Oh! That one on forehead kinda went funky - started out as a little guy for a couple of days. Then BAM! turned in a big guy that hurt for a couple of days, then went to that big, ugly whitehead stage for a couple of days. I was good & just left him alone... it was tough! Now hes (they are always he's LOL) going down & looks all dry around the edges. Just leaving him alone. 

My lips still uncomfortable with out something on but i go longer between putting product on. I

I go back to the Derm in 18 days!

Day 43-59: Still dry but not as intense. This time when it came to my time of the month, i broke out worse than the previous month. I assume that is because my body was more use to the Accutane than before. I plan on asking the dr when i go in today. Maybe 6-7 breakouts most were just little dudes who went away fast but got 2 big dudes. One on my chin & one towards the end of my eyebrow - the big ones that just hurt but they are starting to go down.

Still got the one on my jaw line that just barely starting to go down..slowly. Rest of face is doing pretty good, made the switch to a liquid foundation & i forgot what the coverage can be! I notice peeps really looking at me, like really looking at me now LOL! Probably trying to figure out how to ask me about my face heehee.

Pretty sure i'll get the bump in dosage today, alternating 40mg one day then 80mg the next. 

Still glad i did Accutane - it ain't nothing i can't handle ;)

Day 60-62: Got the bump in meds like i thought! So starting Sunday (i start everything new on sundays) i take 40mg once day for 2 days, so Tuesday i will take 80 mg that day (once in the morning & once at night), continue that way for the first week. THEN i go to 40mg one day, 80 the next & keep alternating. Labs came back good - WAY TO GO LIVER! This is going to be interesting to see how it goes.

I will say now, im Accutane normal, not normal normal like pre-Accutane but not intensely dry. Which is why i think i got the bump in meds. 

I have noticed the rash on the back of my hands is back... I think its due to not drinking enough water, I didn't drink nearly as much water i normally do over the weekend. I am testing my theory as we speak....

As far as my face goes still got the 3 big ones but they are shrinking, nothing new has come in either. Derm did say will see clearing this month or that most people do. Still have some bumpiness but really not that noticeable. 

Pretty much same ol same ol :)

12. jessica

entry
      comments
      views

Recent Entries

It all started the summer of 2015 , i was going to be a freshmen i was starting to have a few breakouts on my forehead but didn't really pay much attetion to them because that had happened to me before . after those few break outs i started to notice a few small pimples popping up on my  cheeks i kinda started to worry because i have never had breakouts on my cheeks , once i started school in august my pimples were getting worse  so i went to a regular doctor & they prescribed me benzoyl peroxide 10% i was somewhat glad that i had a medication byt honestly it made my skin get worse , so i hid it with makeup i started noticing all my friends would always stare at my forehead or cheeks which made me feel uncomfortable talking to them the problem here is that my acne keeps getting more red & i have some acne marks. my friends dont know how. much it hurts me that they always look at my pimples while talking like i can't even have a serious talk with them my mother also tells me that my acne is getting better but i dont belive her i feel like she just feels sorry for me since im er daughter! i cry everynight due to this i just cant live with this i hide my face everywhere i go i dont even go to parties or outsode its seriously killing me all inside anyone else feel this way? /:

13. Latest Entry

So, I got so fed up with my dry skin that I decided to slather Vaseline all over my face. That's right, you heard it right: Vaseline. 

Im extremely happy because my skin no longer feels like it's burning off. Now, here comes the greatest test of them all: will it help my skin or break me out? Well, I've done my research. 

Vaseline can not break you out (apparently). I guess it acts as a "barrier", so if you have dirt and oil in your skin before hand, that will break you out. I made sure to cleanse my face well with cetaphil's gentle cleanser. I then took a cotton ball and wet it, added 3 drops of tea tree oil, wet it a little bit again, and then applied that all over my face. I added a little extra in my problem areas. I then applied some argan oil and put the Vaseline over top of it. I'll be going to sleep and I pray I don't wake up with terrible skin. 

I wore it almost all day today and didn't have any problems. So, we shall see!

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

14. Guys honestly. I am at a loss. I really think I am reacting badly to this retinoid,  is it possible? Like I swear I have a million bumps all over my cheek and neck, even UNDER it and I never get spots there EVER. They are tiny bumps no head whatsoever and occasionally itchy. 

I don't know what to do :'( I am in tears over this, in fact I am truly depressed over this. It is affecting my full life right now and I can tell people are wondering "what the fuck has happened? " 

I think I need to stop it,  it's coming on 6 weeks but it's the worst it's been in my life. 

15.  I am a 47 year old happily married mother of 3- 20 somethings. I've had occasional acne growing up. Nothing too out of the ordinary. But about 3 years ago, I started developing cystic acne that nothing could control or prevent. So much so that I have come to this very website in tears looking for an answer. I figured someone here had conquered what I was going through. Then, finally it happened.
         My tooth (first bottom molar right side #30) broke one Friday after work around 6:00 PM.  I had been have tingling in that particular tooth for a few years prior and decided it was nothing to be concerned about. Of course no dentists were opened at that time, so I decided first thing Monday morning I would go in. By Monday, I could not take the pain and my cheek had swollen up three sizes.  I went to the dentist Monday morning and found out that that tooth was infected so badly that I needed an emergency root canal. In fact, he was vacillating with the fact of admitting me into the hospital. Thank God I didn't have to go. So Santana!  What in the heck does all this have  to do with acne?? Just hang in there with me little bit longer. 
         My root canal was done.  Had to go in a few weeks to get the crown. Stubbornly, I didn't go back (yeah, that was stupid)  and the tooth ended up needing to be extracted two years later. Now, I started getting that cystic acne the years prior to the cheek blow up. But after the root canal. MY WORD!!!  I developed the most wicked case of cystic acne that I ever had. I want you to know that poor dental hygiene and stubborn acne seem to be related.  Well, for me, it was. You see, my acne started clearing up completely after the extraction and a round of antibiotics. I have never been more pleased my skin in years. Here's what I think happened. 
         My tooth was infected years prior to the cheek blow up. Bacteria with its toxic waste spread impacting the jaw bone, my skin, and even my sinuses. All on the right side of my face. When I got the extraction, I didn't get a course of antibiotics before the procedure, so any bacteria that was down in those roots polluted the root canal and actually helped to spread the infection along the jawline and across the face. Hence, the spread of acne all over my face.  EEEEKKKK!!!!
         So am I saying that all acne is caused by a renegade tooth? Not at all. Am I trying to say that say that you should forego a trip to your dermatologist or stop their treatment plans? Nope! All I'm saying is maybe you should look at your dental health in combination with your dermatologist treatment plan, especially if you were struggling with stubborn cystic acne like me. It can't hurt! Want proof that maybe a trip to your dentist may be warranted? Check out this article. Let me know what you think. 

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/10467506

Santana Bee

16. So...this is the horrible week of waiting before I can start my Accutane treatment. :( I stopped taking the Minomycin as told 3 days ago. And have been on nothing since. The result? Loads of new whiteheads, red bumps, inflammation, redness, painfulness, itchiness, bumpiness etc. - just great! :l Oh God, if this is only 3 days into this awful week of waiting, what on earth is my acne going to be like by the end of the week??!! *cringes at the thought and shudders* I don't know if I can survive a week of being a pizza-face again!! :( *bursts into tears* Oh well...*sighs*

17. skb95

entry
      comment
      views

Recent Entries

I'm new to this so I don't know if I'm posting in the right place, but I seriously need some help and support.

I used to have pretty bad acne and it cleared up with roaccutane. But now I have recently become so self conscious of my acne scarring that I avoid conversations with people, I avoid going outside whenever I can, and sometimes I feel like maybe I just shouldn't be around anymore. It's affecting me ridiculously badly, all I have been doing is crying. I hate the though of being that person that people look at and go "thank god I don't have skin like her". 

I have been studying my skin so closely and I have convinced myself I have new scars developing where I haven't even had a spot - is that possible? I don't know what to do anymore, I can't see a way out of this and I don't want to feel ugly for my whole life. I look in the mirror and all I want to do it smash it and curl up into a dark corner where no one can see me.

I even have acne scarring in places that most people don't get it, I have it on my forehead and in between my eyes. Just typing this now I am in floods of tears imagining all the people that will read this and go "I'm glad my skin isn't like that".

I have phoned the doctor and counselling, but they aren't eager to see me soon so I am just wallowing in self-pity with no help from anyone. Please can someone help in any way, I don't know what to do.

entry
      comments
      views

Recent Entries

I had a success story. I am currently a Freshman in college and I first started using the Regimen when I was a Freshman in high school (something like that). Anyway, let me describe the acne that I had. It was not cystic but I had a lot of it. All over my forehead was tiny texture and I have pimples on my inner cheeks. It was a constant worry in my life. When I came across Acne.org treatment I decided I would give it a try after watching some girls youtube video on it.

This was my savior. In one night, 50% of the texture was gone. I was so happy. My heart hurts of happiness just thinking about it. So from Junior year to Senior year to mid-Freshman year of college my skin was smoother than ever. My makeup went on flawlessly and I constantly got compliments on how clear my skin was. I was more confident than ever-- until recently.

In January I began to notice that my forehead was starting to get little texture, nothing serious. No actual pimples. And in the beginning of April is when the pimples began all over my chin and some on my cheeks and stuff. It's not as dramatic as i'm describing but still.

I need help. What went wrong? Anybody have suggestions? Also I will take suggestions of like prescribed acne treatments that have worked for you.

entry
      comments
      views

Recent Entries

Hi this is my 1st post and Im writing here because I just don't have anyone else who understands this acne journey/pain. I am 28 and have had acne since i was in grade 3. I can't take it any longer. I have been on ever prescription  treatment under the sun.,including Acutane...... TWICE.  I am currently on allesse and aczone+ tazorac.5% and things were going well but now I'm breaking out and I just have lost my patience. Hormonal treatments mess with me, I get slightly depressed on them.  So at present I am dealing with a depressed mood, ontop of a bad breakout from my 7 day break of birth control, Onto of that my retinoid is doing the complete opposite of what its suppose to do. It makes my skin oilier!!!!!!. every retinoid I've tried makes it oily. I feel like committing suicide. I would never do it but these thought are bothering me. I am a prisoner of my acne. I don't eat any diary or eggs, i don't eat fatty foods, I just want something to dry my skin out but it just makes it worse and oilier. Probably some inflammatory reaction, I am just so sick of all this. People don't understand the pain that comes with acne. I feel like whats left is accutane again. All the acne diets don't work for me, and the hormonal treatments that do somewhat  help make me want to commit suicide. I feel like there is no cure....... I had some good results with penicillin it took care of the cysts lightning fast. i was shocked but i can't take a heavy antibiotic forever it will ruin my body, nor will any doctor allow me to do that. my boyfriend who has been with me for 9 years  is sick of hearing about this acne stuff.  Acne is so physically painfull too... my face hurts.  I am just at the end of my rope. It sucks all the joy out of my life.  Make up won't cover it ,  drugs won't kill it. My mood is just so blah now, feel like a zombie walking around just trying to get through my day and errands, People tell me I'm cute , but  all i can see is hideous scars and huge cysts.  I would never kill myself but it really bothers me having these thoughts. Feel so hopeless.

18. I've been on 50mg of Spiro for a month. Today, I take my 100mg dose for the first time. I haven't experienced any side effects really. My body is getting used to taking more water in. I take my Spiro at 5:45 pm with dinner or crackers everyday and haven't had any stomach upset. The one time I took it with a smoothie only I was pretty dizzy. I definitely see a HUGE difference. The deep lesions I had on my face are filling in and lightening up. I only got one new pimple this week (I am supposed to get my period either tomorrow or Sunday). I have been going make up free to run errands and most importantly I started going to the beach again!! I haven't been in almost 2 years because I was horrified of being bare faced. Obviously wearing a hat and using plenty of sun screen :) My routine is basically the same:
    AM- Birth control, cetaphil wash, cetaphil AM mousturizer with spf 30, aczone
    Dinner- spiro
    Before bed- cetaphil wash, cetaphil night cream, epiduo every other night

Here's a photo :) Instasize_0429101040.jpg

entries
      comments
      views

Recent Entries

Latest Entry

So I thought I had been posting the last few days from my phone but turns out it wasn't working so I don't remember what all I said. Basically, I went to my derm and of course had account issues with ipledge. She kept me at 40mg kind of.... I am alternating taking 80mg (2 pills) and 40mg (1 pill) of Zenatane (so that switched too) she said alternating would help ease me into the symptoms. I am wondering if I will get a bad breakout from the upped dosage. She also said that if my lips crack or skin gets too dry to call her so she can call in prescription medicine for it so I don't suffer all month. How sweet is that!! Anyways, the inside of my nose is just really dry and my lips are starting to chap. Other than that nothing has been too extreme. I also started using Arbonne stuff for my face and it has helped a ton. I honestly think it is the only reason I haven't dried up like a fish out of water. I ordered their hydrating face mask for when I get super dry and I can't wait to see how it works! 

19. Latest Entry

Hello everyone, 

It is now the fourth month and within the past 2 weeks I've broken out once, a combination of 3 whiteheads and one cyst. I am still taking 35mg/day twice a day. Overall, besides my recent breakout, I am truly beginning to see some real results! However, I'm not sure if it's the weather change or the accutane. Regardless, less acne makes me happy. 
    Based on my time so far on accutane, here's what I have to say about the drug:
    1. It HAS caused mood swings, I'm positive of it. Since I started the drug, my mood and behavior has changed slightly. Although, it may just be because since I'm on the drug, I pay a lot more attention to my acne and that makes me insecure. To be honest, I'm not sure which one it is but I can definitely say I've gotten more emotional since starting isotretinoin. 
    2. It's cleared my face so far, kind of, but it's caused damage to my arms. I have multiple dry spots all over my arms with radii ranging from 2cm to 4cm. I can understand that people might think, well that's probably because you're not moisturizing. But no, I make 100% sure that my skin is always hydrated, using a mixture of non-pore-clogging oils and moisturizers. 

-M

20. Hello my people!  Hope everyone is doing well.  My apologies for not updating on here.  I made the choice to have my spiro blog elsewhere because as much as i love the majority of positive people here, the few that take pride in trolling make the whole experience a sour one for me.  If you're interested in my regular updates, just PM and I will send the link.  

I am almost at the eighth month mark which makes the one year mark oh so close.  I started out with so much hope and expectations for this medication.  This truly was my last resort and frankly, when the the time comes to call it quits, there is nothing new on the market to try.  With that said, i have hit another dead end.........again.  Eight months is plenty and while i see improvement that cycles from decent to bad, there is no consistency whatsoever.  I honestly feel disappointed.  Disappointed in myself for caring so much and placing my hope in something that in essence means very little.  I'm disappointed that i let such a small thing bother me so much and most of all, I am disappointed that at almost 33, i am still emotionally in turmoil as if i were 16 again.

But like what big girls do, i brush myself off, pull on my big girl panties and prepare to move forward.  If anything, this whole experience (all 16 years and counting) will make me resiliant so at least there is that.

On a non related acne note, I am in the process of looking for my first home!  Very exciting time indeed.  I put in for an offer which seems like the sellers want to wring every penny out of me, put no house is worth me being poor so if they're not wanting to be reasonable, they can keep it.

Anyway....thanks for listening
    Chow!