Blogs

• Start a blog to chronicle your journey through your acne treatment. Or just start one for fun
  1. I'm thinking about giving my skin a rest from Tazorac for a few weeks. I've been back on it for I'm guessing about 3 months now. Although my forehead has gotten relatively clear, the cysts and spots around my jawline and neck haven't lessened at all. The reason I want to stop is because I'm so tired of the skin around my mouth and nose peeling all the time!! I can only get about 1 hour of makeup wear, and then the foundation starts to flake off. And even when I don't wear makeup, by midday I'll notice the skin around my mouth and tip of my nose flaking off. UGH!
    I recall having this experience during my first round of Tazorac over a year ago, but I could swear it only lasted about 2 weeks. This has been going on for over a month and I'm so tired of it. Before totally abandoning it though I'm going to avoid application onto those areas for a few days and see if that helps.
    I made an appt. with my derm, but unfortunately it's not going to be until Sept. 1st. Hopefully my skin doesn't start getting too bad; I just got my order of the Botanics Facial Oil. I've read a ton of great reviews about it balancing oily skin while also providing hydration, so hopefully I have that luck without breaking out too much.

2. I was suffering from a bad acne ,I tried many things face wash ,moisturizer ,creams,but nothing really worked .
    Then one day i took best decision of my life and that is to REMOVE DAIRY FROM YOUR DIET COMPLETELY !!!! 
    yes COMPLETELY!!!! You will see a  great improvement in your skin after 2 weeks .
    One more thing you need to clear your system ,you need to purify your blood so 
    every morning after waking up go to your kitchen cut half lemon mix it in 1 glass of luke warm water and drink it regularly
     and do not eat of drink anything for 20 min after drinking lemon water.
    Just try this Friends and i hope you will see a great difference.

3. Nothing crazy today- same ole routine. But my skin is starting to sting when I put products on it- I still think I am doing a little too much, a little too fast.

entry
      comments
      views

Recent Entries

I received the kit in the mail and started the regimen today. The only outside product I added in was some organic jojoba oil (not from the acne.org store) that I mixed a couple drops of into the moisturizer. I tried to follow the instructions exactly. One thing that may affect my results is that I do wear makeup any time I leave my house (mainly BB cream); it seemed like the cleanser managed to remove it, though, which I'm happy about as that hopefully means I won't have to use any makeup-removing product outside of the regimen.

I'll be attaching some pictures I took of my skin this morning that will serve as my official "before" photos. I plan to check in once a week with updated photos and anything of note. Of course, I don't expect to see major improvements for at least a few weeks (if not longer).

The only thing I did notice was that, when I applied the treatment for the first time earlier (just a bit, as suggested) my eyes stung and watered a bit, though I did make sure to keep the products away from the eye area; my actual skin felt fine, however. It may be because I have been using Epiduo (which has 2.5% bp) so my skin is already somewhat accustomed to benzoyl peroxide. Speaking of that, I thought I would briefly talk about my acne and what treatments I've used in the past.

I had pretty clear skin all my life until maybe early 2012. My main problems were a cluster of closed comedones on the left side of my forehead (not sure why it was mainly that side), cystic acne on my jaw and chin, and a smattering of whiteheads (there would always be a few on random parts of my face). My skin was also just red and inflamed in general (it was so bad, the first time my grandmother saw me without makeup she thought I was having an allergic reaction). Much worse than what you see in the photos here. I tried a bunch of products and listened to the advice of others, but nothing seemed to work.
    Finally in the spring of 2013, I went to a dermatologist and she immediately prescribed an oral antibiotic (doxycycline) and a topical gel (Epiduo). After a month, my skin had improved drastically and I was really happy. Over time, the dosage of the antibiotic changed and the frequency of the topical application increased as recommended by my derm.

Eventually, I was weaned off of the antibiotic but continued to use the topical twice daily. My skin was fine for the first few months after this, but then my skin slowly returned to its former state. I blame a combination of going off the antibiotic (mainly as far as the inflammation and cystic acne, which I think is an internal issue) and not using the topical as often as I should have (mostly because I went through it so quickly and it cost me like $70 copay for a 45 g tube).

Regardless, I tried to find another more realistic long-term solution, as I knew I could not continue to take antibiotics for the rest of my life and the topical was too expensive to be used as much as needed to be effective. I heard about how dairy can cause inflammation and acne and decided to adopt a plant-based diet in June of 2015. Of course, there isn't a lot of hard evidence that diet is linked to acne, but I figured it couldn't hurt. And I actually saw improvement; my skin wasn't as clear as it had been in at its peak, but my inflammation and cystic acne subsided. I used different products, but I didn't think any of them were that great. I have continued to use Epiduo infrequently.

Recently, however, my skin has started to worsen again. I did go off of my plant-based diet in June of this year (because my urge to eat bad food trumped my reason, honestly), but I noticed a change even before then. I decided to try to nip this in the bud before it got too bad again. I did more research and discovered the acne.org regimen (or re-discovered, as I had found it before but ultimately didn't try it at the time). I figured the 2.5% benzoyl peroxide treatment was the next best thing to Epiduo (which is 2.5% bp + 0.1% adapalene) and much more affordable, so I bought the kit. I decided to use my remaining Epiduo gel over the past week as I waited for my acne.org products, both to use it up and to try to preemptively get my skin accustomed to benzoyl peroxide. My skin started flaking as I expected, and my acne actually looks a bit better than it did a week ago. So that's something to keep in mind as you see the photos of my skin today.

Which brings me to now. I've obviously just started the regimen and am also working on returning to my plant-based diet (both for my skin and overall health). I hope to see good results, and will post again next week.

IMG_1034.JPG

IMG_1035.JPG

IMG_1038.JPG

4. Skin Condition
    • Skin redness seems to be minimal like it usually is
    • Lots of acne marks still on my cheeks, one whitehead on my left cheek
    • No whiteheads on my chin this morning which is a nice surprise
    • Just like yesterday my skin was quite dry and flakey.
      • Dryness around my pimples (yay)
      • Not as dry around my eyes as yesterday (yay)
      • Not as dry around my mouth (yay) But this is still the dryest area of my face
    • my forehead looks relatively smooth but a whitehead has emerged
    • The deep "underground" painful pimple is still hanging around

Application
    • This morning
      • I washed my face with warm water and then a little bit of sulfacleanse
        • Like yesterday I took a warm wet washcloth and GENTLY used circular motions to remove all the dry skin that needed to be shed (ew)
      • I applied a thick layer of moisturizer
      • After that dried I applied another layer of moisturizer in the areas that needed it
    • I took my doxycycline
    • Mid day
      • I washed my face with warm water and my cerave hydrating cleanser. I wanted to feel fresh
    • Before bed
      • I washed my face with my cerave hydrating cleanser
      • I applied a little moisturizer (i have an event tomorrow so I applied moisturizer before my adapelene to insure minimal dryness tomorrow)
      • I waited 20 minutes
      • I applied a small amount of adapene on my cheeks, forehead, and chin
      • I applied more moisturizer
      • I put a glob of vicks vapor rub on my one cystic "blind" pimple.....
        • Ok I know this sounds crazy but this is a trick I have used in the past to bring cystic acne to a head, and its worked for me before. The reason I didnt do it the first day the cystic pimple arose is because it was the same day I was starting my new skincare routine and didnt want to bombard my face with SO MANY new products all at once. Now that my skin is somewhat adjusted to this regimen, I felt comfortable doing this spot treatment. Hopefully tomorrow this pimple will be at a head so i can SAFELY pop it and drain it. I try to keep popping to a minimum but in this case ill allow it. Ill detail how I pop my pimples tomorrow if I end up doing it.

Feelings/Thoughts/Observations
    • Im already seeing less dryness than yesterday which is really comforting. Hopefully i overcome this flakey stage quickly! I can do this!
    • I want that big pimple under my nostril to leave!!! I might go to my derm and get it injected: this is a common process for cystic acne that I will go into more detail about if i choose to do it (but first i will see if my vicks vapor rub trick works)

Notes
    • If I have any new readers, Ill explain again that the reason Im choosing to list my Application process every day is to log it as it changes. Its already adapted a little over the first 5 days of treatment and I imagine it will adapt a lot more over the coming months. If you are interested in seeing the ORIGINAL routine given by my derm initially, go look at my blog description here (click read more).
    • If you guys have questions or advice feel free to comment!
  5. About my 5 month mark on Thursday, and Just had some very bad sunburn for the past 4 days, with blisters and everything !!! I love the sun but don't plan on messsing with he sun anymore until I'm off this medicine. I'm currently on 40 mg a day and have only been on that for 1 month. Next month will be my second month of 40 mg and will be on the medicine at least 8 months maybe longer. Since I had some problems with white blood cell counts in the beginning. But still never thought I'd come this far! If I didn't pick my skin as much I'm sure it would be looking a lot better at this time! Can't wait till the day when I will have absolutely nothing to pick at. 

6. Latest Entry

Hey y'all this mornings supplements will be:
    2 magnesium 1 calcium 2 spiru blue 1 krill oil 1 tulsi holy basil 1 ashwagandha 1 neem 1 triphala 1 evening primrose oil & 1 coq10.

in the morning before I eat, I take the n-a-c and probiotics.

At work I've been sippin' on 4 mason jars with calendula/milk thistle/dandelion root/spearmint tea & lemon water. Yaaaaaassss.

oh yeah last night I did the usual face mask because you already know and on my wittle eyebrow I put some of my summer glow Manuka honey and colloidal silver cream. I hope it helps! ACV was helping for a while but it's so irritated in the morning I don't know what to flippin do.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

entry
      comment
      views

Recent Entries

Two rounds of acutane and eight years later I still have terrible acne. I've had it for as long as I can remember. When I was 13 I took my first round acutane and it worked wonders I had clear skin for maybe 2 years after that. I then began making my rounds through every drugstore and high end acne product out there to start the battle again, seeing dermatologists and always being prescribed retina which for me just makes my skin hurt. Finally I endured another round of acutane at 18, this time my face didn't clear up as well but it was manageable and I could go a couple weeks without a breakout which was great! Now 3 years later within about an eight week time span I'm back where I started, huge pustules cover my cheeks and jaw line, and the rest of my face has closed comodones. I went to the doctor and was prescribed doxycycline, she says to come back in a month to check on my progress. I feel like I need acutane again but I'm terrified of the dry scale like skin. I'm an adult now with a good job and I can't help but feel like everyone looking at me is assuming I'm a dirty teenager with my terrible skin. I take such good care of skin, all non comedegenic products, never sleep in makeup, 90% of my skin care is natural and yet the acne keeps coming. I can't leave the house without makeup, I haven't made eye contact with my roommate in weeks. I feel like I'm struggling to feel and look human lately. Not only does my face hurt but I'm emotionally hurting from acne. Every time I look in the mirror I see new bumps. My boyfriend tells me it's ok I'm still pretty. And then family members are always pointing it out. Everyone wants to recommend me products I've tried as if I don't try to treat it. I avoid going out its so bad and makeup doesn't do anything but make my skin crawl. It's taking a much bigger toll on my emotions as an adult than it ever did as a teen. And I'm just not sure how to cope as of late. :(

7. Update 4!

I must say, today was a pretty alright day in terms of skin, even though I’m quite sure that nothing has changed yet. I know I’m only 4 days in to this log, and no major changes could’ve possibly taken place yet to make my skin look too much better, but I really felt like I looked okay today. Sometimes I just get these random bursts of confidence, which I love, and it makes me feel okay with my skin and how it’s progressing. Today, I really believed that in 2 or 3 months, maybe my skin will be clearer or hopefully completely clear.

The cystic pimple on my left cheek is still growing, but hasn’t grown that much between yesterday and today. I’m hoping it stays small and I’m hoping that with repeated spot treatment and a little extra attention, it’ll go away quickly. To my despair, however, I think there’s another one coming up on my forehead. This sudden increase in the cystic pimples I get is slightly concerning to me, as I really don’t get them ever and getting 2 within a week or so hints that maybe something I am doing is causing it. I can’t honestly tell if this sore, slightly raised red spot on my forehead will turn out to be a full blown cystic pimple, but it looks like one in the making. I’m keeping an eye on it.

Overall, pretty optimistic day. Feeling good right now, and hoping it stays that way.

-Amy

8. So I wanted to do an entry with a more complete list of my skincare regiment.

AM:

Cetaphil gentle facial cleanser (LOVE this product)

Cetaphil moisturizing cream (only use a little as it is very thick- a little goes a long way!)

OR

Mario Badescu Oil Free Moisturizer SPF 30 (I only wear this if I know I am going to be spending a lot of time outside)

***since the Epiduo is very drying I want to properly moisturize my skin to keep it from peeling so if I know I am going outside I will apply a VERY little amount of the Cetaphil lotion let it sit for 10 minutes and then apply the Mario Bradesco moisturizer with sunscreen---usually a more generous amount so I don’t have to reapply. And let that sit for another 10 minutes and then I apply primer and my foundation***

Shower:

Cetaphil gentle facial cleanser (ONLY if I sweated)

Post Shower:

Freeman’s Sweet Tea & Lemon Peel-Away Clay Mask (once a week)

Freeman’s Charcoal and Black Sugar Mud Mask (once a week)

***Both above can be purchased at Ulta and are very inexpensive!***

Mario Badescu Whitening Mask (for old acne scars-3 times a week)

***I also really love this product as it immediately calms redness, can be a little drying though so I can’t do it more than 3 times a week---also available at Ulta!)***

Olay regenerating cream cleanser (exfoliate-3 times a week)

Cetaphil moisturizing cream

PM:

Spironolactone (orally-100mg)

Makeup remover-

Simple micellar cleansing water (a great makeup remover for acne prone skin)

Simple micellar makeup remover wipes 

Cetaphil gentle facial cleanser

Epiduo Gel (topically)

Cetaphil moisturizing cream (I apply a more generous amount so my skin can soak it in all night long)

Cleaning makeup brushes:

Well Beginnings Baby Shampoo (paraben free and hypoallergenic)

If anyone out there uses any of these products, has any questions or recommendations of stuff that you use please comment!!!!!

9. I can't believe it has almost been four months! Thank you for the comments and direct messages I have received, by the way!! 

So I am still on 100mg of Spiro. Now, I am taking it right before bed with my birth control and I am finding that none of the side affects are bothering me anymore. I was taking it right with dinner and sometimes I would get a little light-headed by the time I drove home from work (around 11pm-midnight). My skin has still remained fairly clear. I did get a really random pimple on my cheek around 4th of July that really annoyed me but it was gone in a few days. I still have some redness/pinkness that I see slowly going away but as we have probably all heard, takes some time. The term told me that if I don't see it gone in a year I can start thinking about laser treatments if that's what I want to do. Overall my confidence has gone up A LOT. Buying makeup is actually a really fun experience and I have been more willing to try bolder colored blushes, lipsticks and eyeshadows which has really been fun. I don't mind going out with out make up so I am back in the gym and feeling really great. The LUSH routine I mentioned before is still my go to and it's been pretty sweet..

Morning: splash water on my face, use either Breath of Fresh Air toner water or Eau Roma toner water, then imperialis moisturizer. 
    Night: ultrabland cleanser, one of the toner waters with a cotton pad to remove excess makeup, imperialis moisturizer and an eye cream. Once or twice a week I'll use the sea salt scrub from LUSH which makes my skin super soft. 

Hope everyone's journey is going just as well as mine :) 
  10. Latest Entry

I said that tretionin 0.05% only cleared me up about 60% and that I was looking for about 80% or more. I did end up finding something that works amazing. 
    Yes, this actually works.

Saje Natural Wellness has a kit called the "Zap" kit. Let me tell you, it really does "zap" away unwanted zits. The kit comes with everything you need for a strong morning routine. An antibacterial cleanser, a toner, spot treatment and moisturizer. The spot treatment I use at night instead, and I use benzoyl peroxide (.5%) in the morning before the moisturizer. The moisturizer keeps my oily skin at bay really well. I've spent thousands of dollars and tried so many products for my oily skin to only be disappointed. BUT NOT THIS TIME! I LOVE Saje. I'll always be using their skin care line.

At night, I use a the probiotic cleanser by Eminence. It takes off all my make up and built up crap during the day. Then I use a toner to help catch any areas that I missed when washing my face. I use the Zap spot treatment by Saje if I need to, and that thing works amazing. One day and the pimple will be burnt to a crisp. It's so great. For a moisturizer, I use one that is also dear to my heart. Its called Tea Tree and Vitamin E by Holista. I found it at Shoppers drug mart while i was going through my purge period with tretionin. It is the most perfect night cream you could ever find. 

I only use my tretionin once to twice a week on my jawline and forehead. It helps with that stubborn hormonal cysctic acne on my jaw line  and the light skin colored bumps on my forehead that i get. 

Prices:
    Saje Zap Kit = $50 (sounds expensive, but you get everything you need and it lasts you. it's also 100% natural!)
    Benzoyl peroxide .5% = $13
    Eminence Cleanser = $25
    Holista Tea tree & Vit. E = $16

Things I plan on trying out in the future:   *i will write reviews about them when i do*
    Eminence 7 greens mask - $40
    Holista peppermint and tea tree spray- $16
    Saje balancing elixir = $20
    Saje konjac kare with charcoale sponge = $10

11. So..

I had my second dermatologist visit yesterday and it was with the head dermatology nurse. Basically long story short she believes Isotretinoin is what I should go on since I've had acne farrr too long and tried pretty much everything. 

So plans are:

Next Wed I start birth control after I visit my doc and then the following week I meet the nurse again to take a pregnancy test and pick up my Accutane prescription. (Also yes I was confused too because I thought i had to be on birth control for one FULL month before starting BUT the nurse told me she doesn't want to delay my process with this and trusts that im not going to be silly and get pregnant) 

Next update will be when I'm taking Day 1.

Wish me luck guys.

12. This whole week  has been interesting n i f-ing knew it was going to work. my face is around 85% clear I don't know where to start, but i had a feeling this was going to work. I have no knew acne what so ever my old comedones are starting to come to a head n dried out, my face is smooth  as fuck its scary , its been to dame long to have this feeling again a whole year almost since last November. Everyday my face is healing i only have like 6 small dried out pimples on my face my marks are starting to fade, my back acne is clearing up good n chest. the small pimples on my shoulder/arm are starting to come to a head man it crazy. Man i''m getting my life back, its really hard to believe man fuck, even my mom notice . every day as my body heal my confidence grows but since my last post all ive been doing was following my blood type diet list. MY diet consist of 60% fruits and vegetables 20% fish 10% grains(rice n oats) also nuts n seeds. oats with fruits in the morning maybe smoothie or fish/veg. lunch n diner stir fry cook in olive oil. i only been washing in the mornings with carbolic , oatmeal, creamy clay soap from the soap works. some of you guys might want proof, i can't give that 2 you since i did not take a before and after pic but it all makes since about this diet. But ask yourself n think whats is the cause of acne n what is acne. Our skin/eyes are a window into the body, if something goes wrong it shows up on are skin. You put wrong in and you get negative results, its not rocket science. people that don't have acne don't have that gene saying your skin is going to be come a window into your body. just like hormonal acne, a result of the body going through its cycles or pcos. I'M no professional whats so ever, im just some guy that loves science and doing research n getting peoples mind thinking plus helping out. My mom and dad both have acne so did my mothers parents, there was no way n hell i was going to live with this forever but it is all common sense. But like lord gains said "do whatever the fuck you want do". ill still be on this site to help out others  

entry
      comments
      views

Recent Entries

I am going to make this as short as possible. I am a 22 year old male white with oily skin. I rarely get anything on my face besides blackheads. My back is loaded with cystic red bumps and blackheads. It is in giant patches on the upper back and the lower back has very few. I also get it on my thighs. I have had back acne for 7 years now. I have tried everything from eating healthy, to getting food allergy test, changing/washing sheets, taking cold showers, washing back, taking shower everyday for less than 5 minutes, drinking plenty of water, getting 6-8 hours of sleep, I have very little stress, use scent free dermatologist detergent, wearing loose shirts, exercise and take shower directly after, I am in good shape 150 pounds and many other things. I have been to multiple dermatologists trying creams, back washes, antibiotics, salt baths, Epsom baths, benzoyl peroxide, taking vitamins, zinc, detoxes and many other things. I am running out of ideas and losing hope. I have nothing else to test to find the cure. This is the biggest thing holding me back in life. The only 2 things  I can think of is I masturbate every day/ sex every week might be a problem. Or its because  I go to the bathroom every other day due to constipation. I am going to make this as short as possible. I am a 22 year old male white with oily skin. I rarely get anything on my face besides blackheads. My back is loaded with cystic red bumps and blackheads. It is in giant patches on the upper back and the lower back has very few. I also get it on my thighs. I have had back acne for 7 years now. I have tried everything from eating healthy, to getting food allergy test, changing/washing sheets, taking cold showers, washing back, taking shower everyday for less than 5 minutes, drinking plenty of water, getting 6-8 hours of sleep, I have very little stress, use scent free dermatologist detergent, wearing loose shirts, exercise and take shower directly after, I am in good shape 150 pounds and many other things. I have been to multiple dermatologists trying creams, back washes, antibiotics, salt baths, Epsom baths, benzoyl peroxide, taking vitamins, zinc, detoxes and many other things. I am running out of ideas and losing hope. I have nothing else to test to find the cure. This is the biggest thing holding me back in life. The only 2 things  I can think of is I masturbate every day/ sex every week might be a problem. Or its because  I go to the bathroom every other day due to constipation. I have tested and taken stuff to go to bathroom and saw no difference. Basically I'm hopeless running out of ideas.

13. The camera on my laptop isn't great but improvement can be seen. A lot on the second pictures are the red marks I am left with, which will fade I am told. Make up totally covers these marks easily.

20160628_080014.jpg.5c3721b6d2b1ef96d15ff5698d886efe.jpgWIN_20160722_09_55_20_Pro.jpg20160628_075944.jpg.ee6091982c75f04db3ab147d4ba46087.jpgWIN_20160722_09_56_26_Pro.jpg

entries
      comments
      views

Recent Entries

Latest Entry

Hey everyone, i haven't posted for a while, just because there hasn't been a great deal to say. Things have improved since my last (depressing) post, mood wise, not skin wise! My skin is still pretty horrendous, but i am trying to just get on with and not have a breakdown over it. I had weird/ blurred vision for a couple of days but that seems to of subsided now. My lips haven't got dry or chapped yet (hurrah) but they do feel tight whenever my lip balm has worn off. I think because i had read so much of the lip horror stories i made sure i was frequently applying vaseline and lip balm before i even started taking the accutane, so i think it's kept it at bay- for now. I have no doubt Accutane will throw a curve ball in sooner or later, but for now, i am trying to always stay one step ahead of it! My dryness hasn't been too bad, my face doesn't look dry when i have no products on it, it's just when i apply my makeup (Garnier BB cream) then it looks dry and and a bit cakey- even though i only apply minimal amounts. But there is no way i can go without makeup with a face like Shrek so I'll just have to manage! I bought a MAC setting spray today which is supposed to take away the dry/ cakey look, so when i get it I'll let you know if it's any good. 

14. Latest Entry

Today is day 15, and i have seen a bit of improvement in my face. I have dry eyes, lips, and a dry face. My face is getting less oily during the day and overnight. My back sadly has not improved and my face is still breaking out a little bit. I'll be patient. 

entries
      comments
      views

Recent Entries

Latest Entry

I have started on a very very low dosage (10mg / once a day). I actually asked my dermatologist to go higher, but she wanted me on a low dosage for 6 weeks before upping it. 

First day, nothing major, the only thing I noticed was being really thirsty/ feeling dehydrated. I think I ended up drinking like 4-5 litres of water and still not feeling satisfied. 

I made an effort to take Accutane with a reasonably fatty meal (a butter croissant) but going forward I'll try avocado on toast / something a little healthier / more sustainable. Did this make a difference for people? Would love to know if it was fine just taking it with a yogurt/ something lighter. 

I know this sounds weird but I'm actually really excited to start seeing some of the side effects kick in. 

15. Latest Entry

I haven't posted in a while because I am trying not to think so much about my skin. It makes it easier to wait for results if I don't assess my progress every half hour since I'm using a long term medication. Over the past week my cheeks have been very clear: only about two normal sized pimples on each, which is pretty good for me. I still have some decent red marks left over but they are fading quickly. My forehead an chin looked like war zones a couple days ago but my chin has healed pretty well. My forehead still has at least a dozen active pimples. I'm not stressing over my forehead much because I'm convinced that the Differin gets rid of small bumps on the surface by speeding up the process of them turning into pustules. It will probably take a while (my forehead is extremely bumpy), but I am starting to gain some confidence that this treatment will smooth and clear my skin. Luckily my forehead an chin don't mark very easily and clear up quickly after the inflammation subsides. Obviously I'm not very far into this process, but I am beginning to see some early promising results.

entries
      comments
      views

Recent Entries

Latest Entry

It's been a month, and I can see improvement on the icepick scars treated with cross. I'm thinking of doing dermarolling soon.

Anyway, I AM BREAKING OUT. WHAT. THE. HELL.

I currently have FOUR cysts on my face - a ginormous one on my chin (the size of a quarter), two smaller ones on my forehead and one on my jawline. I don't understand what's happening though I can probably pinpoint to four different causes. If anyone can help me figure it out, I'd be delighted.

1. SOY - I became paescetarian earlier this year and I haven't been eating anything except a lot of meat substitues (with lots of soy in it), fish, seafood and vegetables.
    2. ALCOHOL - Enough said.
    3. LOTS OF SUGAR - I have been obliging my sweet tooth lately even though I know better.
    4. SUMMER??? I live in California.

UGH, this sucks. I got cortisone injections but I am simply not looking forward to more of these.

16. Hello everyone!

Time for week two check-in!

This week was the first week my body has begun to react to the medication. I have been on absorbica for 16 days now and about 6 days ago, I started to get super dry. The first week I noticed my lips chapping and a tiny bit of dryness around my nose and mouth. Now, I am experiencing dryness on my  entire face, arms, and neck. I also mentioned last week that many people experience a big breakout in the beginning of treatment while your liver is flushing all the toxins out, but I was not experiencing any signs of that. I feel like I have jinxed myself! Now I am getting a bunch of new pimples and they are extremely sore and don't pop like normal ones. 

Fingers crossed it only gets better from here!

Have an awesome week! Feel free to let me know if you have any questions. 

IMG_7840.JPG

IMG_7834.JPG

IMG_7839.JPG

IMG_7837.JPG

17. Wow! Its been a while! In the past few months, I mainly stopped uploading because there wasn't a lot of change to my skin. There are still breakouts every day, on both my forehead, hairline, neck, and back. There has been slight improvement after using the topical gel and medicine -- I usually only have 4-5 pimples at a time on my face. But I'm still anxious to get rid of my acne. On Friday, I will FINALLY be going to the dermatologist! I'm hoping that I can finally get on Accutane. If all goes as planned, I'll post an update after the appointment and then hopefully start a weekly log documenting my Accutane journey. Stay tuned!

18. My skin is so dryyy omg it's crazy..I'm just gonna leave it get to the point of peeling everywhere so that it could peel all the bad off. And I think my moisturizer causes more oil production, making more acne. which obviously isn't good so i'll just see what happens, unless any of you recommend anything to use :)

entry
      comments
      views

Recent Entries

Today marks week three!
    Wow, Im still smiling and alive so at least for now have dodged the nastier side effects of Accutane - depression and suicide. Thank pete! I dont think hubby or the kids would be impressed.
    So far it feels a bit like have a face peel, my skin is so darn tight and almost feels like I have a mask on all the time. 
    There are a few cystic nasty pimples around but hopefully they will start to get less often. Who knows - some of the Dr consultation felt like a sales pitch from a pharmaceutical company. Anyway, its sore and DRY!!! They are in funny places like the back of my neck along my hairline and right against the back of my ear. ARGH!
    The dosage is really low but next week doubles. Even though Mrs Dr said it would improve, I haven't had the beginner 'tane intense breakout yet so the double dose might be the trigger.
    There have been a couple of weird things to note - I was stung by a wasp and it was like I am now allergic (it swelled to baseball size!) but wasn't before, so Im assuming its mediation related. The other funny thing was that I had this severe whack of eczema on the tops of both my hands. Figured it was hives from the sting, nope - its a symptom from the accutane too. 
    Now its settled down again and Im just hanging out with the mouth of ulcers. woooo.