Photo

I've Noticed Something About Having A Beard While Using The Regimen.

beard regimen acne skin dryness flakiness flakes notice moisturizer jojoba

1 reply to this topic

#1 Dillon S

Dillon S

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Steam - TheCoolestUsername
    Live - ExplainedLake98

Achievements

Posted 12 September 2012 - 10:11 PM

Okay, so I've noticed a pattern when I go without shaving for a few days while using the regimen... My skin flakes and dries a lot more! Even if I apply a ton of moisturizer and jojoba oil. My beard just irritates the crap out of me, so now I try to shave as much as possible.

I want to know, does this occur with you also? Or is it just a random occurrence? Thanks!
- CVS Gentle Cleansing Wash (compare to purpose) [I may try something new once I run out.]
- Neutrogena On-the-spot 2.5% Benzoyl Peroxide treatment. [I smear alot all over my face, I ran out in just a week.]
- Aveeno Clear Complexion Daily Moisturizer with 0.5% Salicylic Acid. [Made some of the redness fade on my face, noticed results the first day I used it.]

NOW using Acne.org products!

My Log: http://www.acne.org/...35-dillons-log/ Posted Image

#2 Guest_T.M._*

Guest_T.M._*
  • Guests
  • Posts & Likes

Posted 13 September 2012 - 03:56 AM

I sort of know where your coming from. Since I stopped using BP I have also stopped shaving, just used a trimmer. Stubble imo is more irritating than either a clean shave or a full grown beard. Your sort of always in a stage of forever itchiness. When I say irritating, I mean the feel of it, not to my skin which seems to be less irritated as I'm not shaving over live pustules.

I don't use products though. I don't really need a moisturiser since stopping BP use. I'm currently on te hunt for a really gentle cleanser as everything I've tried just makes me feel itchy. I've just been cleansing with water and the odd bit of honey every few days.

I never had any luck using the regimen with hair on my face. Products just didn't absorb. Shaving everyday was key.

Edited by T.M., 13 September 2012 - 03:58 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users