having found a lot of interesting information on the Acne.org website I wanted to contribute something myself and wrote a guide on how I cured my cystic acne;
I am by no means a doctor and have no specific medical knowledge, but have had severe forehead cystic acne for over ten years and have managed to cure it in twelve months.
This guide is structured around a daily routine outlining good practices, and general hints and tips.
What You Will Need:
--- 1X Benzoyl Peroxide Gel 10%
--- 1X Benzoyl Peroxide Gel 2.5%
--- 1X Bottle of 500 MG Psyllium Husk Capsules
--- 1X Bottle of Calcium Pantothenate (Vitamin B5)
--- 1X Bottle Vitamin B Complex
--- 1X Bottle of Multivitamins
--- 1X Box of Tetracyclene
--- Fresh Fruit, Fresh Vegetables, Low Fat White Meat
When You Wake Up:
--- Take three (3) Psyllium Husk capsules whilst drinking at least a third of a liter of water.
- Psyllium Husk capsules contain seeds which expand upon coming in contact with water and help to clean the colon when ingested; one of the main causes of cystic acne is problems with the colon, so cleansing it is very beneficial.
- Since Psyllium Husks expand upon coming in contact with water, and the interior of mouth and esophagus is humid, it is very important to drink water whilst taking Psyllium Husks, for there is a real risk of suffocation.
--- Eat fresh vegetables, fresh fruit, and lean white meat; avoid processed foods, foods high in sugars, dairy products, and foods high in saturated fats.
- The connection between diet and acne has been proven, disproven, and debated several times, but from experience the connection is very real and is one of the main factors in the formation, or lack of formation, of cystic acne, and acne in general.
- Given that thousands of foods exist, that it takes months to realize if a food triggers acne, that effects of food combinations are near impossible to determine, and that the number of food combinations is virtually infinite, attempting to determine a correct diet for acne sufferers by gradually eliminating foods with a trial and error method is extremely ineffective; if an individual had five hundred years to live, he would still not be able to recognize precisely which foods cause him acne and which do not by gradually removing foods from his diet. The only workable approach is to start from the other end and eat nothing but foods which have a very high chance of not causing acne, namely fresh vegetables, fresh fruits low in sugar, and lean meat, and then sticking to those foods if they work for acne.
--- Take four (4) 500 MG Calcium Pantothenate tablets.
--- Take two (2) Multivitamin tablets.
--- Take two (2) Vitamin B Complex tablets.
- Calcium Pantothenate acts on the body by reducing the production of sebum, and, given that the overproduction of sebum is the main cause of all kinds of Acne Vulgaris, thus directly reduces the chances of forming new acne lesions. The dosage of Calcium Pantothenate required in order to decrease sebum production enough for visible results in four (4) to six (6) weeks depends on the individual, but Calcium Pantothenate has side effects and should not be taken in extreme doses; starting with four (4) 500 MG capsules and then ramping up to eight (8) generally works for most, increasing to ten (10) might be advisable, but going over ten (10) can be too much.
- Multivitamins and Vitamin B Complex tablets help to balance out the intake of Calcium Pantothenate (Vitamin B6); they are useful and can be paired with other generally healthy supplements such as Omega 3 Fish Oil and Zinc.
- Taking so many tablets forces you to drink a lot of water; high intakes of water can help with acne.
--- Remove skin sebum by passing a dry tissue on your forehead and face.
--- Apply Benzoyl Peroxide Gel 2.5% on areas presenting acne lesions.
--- Apply Benzoyl Peroxide Gel 10% on single large acne lesions.
--- Take one (1) or two (2) capsules of Tetracyclene depending on acne severity.
- Applying Benzoyl Peroxide Gel to the areas affected by acne correctly is very important; this part of the regime pretty much coincides with Dan's regimen.
for forehead acne Benzoyl Peroxide Gel 2.5% should be applied in the following way:
- Remove skin sebum by passing a dry tissue on your forehead and face until you feel your skin is dry.
- Apply a unit of Benzoyl Peroxide on the left top of your forehead, near the point where your hair will recede as you will grow old.
- Apply a unit of Benzoyl Peroxide between the unit you already applied and your left eyebrow.
- Apply units of Benzoyl Peroxide in the same fashion on your forehead until you have six (6) equally distanced units of BP on it.
- Apply two (2) units of BP on your temples.
- Apply a unit of BP on the point of your nose.
- Spread all the BP units so that they cover your entire forehead and nose.
Whereas Benzoyl Peroxide Gel 10% should be applied in the following way:
- With the Benzoyl Peroxide Gel 2.5% drying on your face, cover single acne lesions with BP 10%.
- Given that BP 10% is white, it will cover the lesion and make it less visible; this will boost your morale and discourage your hands from picking at the lesions.
- Tetracyclene is an antibiotic which reduces inflammation, it helps greatly in reducing the size and redness of acne lesions and should thus be taken every day; Tetracyclene is a prescription antibiotic and thus requires a doctor's prescription to be bought. Taking one or two capsules is a matter of acne severity; initially it is better to take two daily, as acne improves the daily dosage should be decreased to one every day and two only when facing inflamed acne lesions.
General Hints and Tips
--- If a forehead lesion hurts so much that you feel you need to release the pressure, use a sewing needle in the following way:
- Place the needle inside a bottle of Rubbing Alcohol or of any other antibacterial disinfectant; wait half an hour.
- Take a very warm shower, ensuring that your acne lesion is directly in contact with warm water.
- Take the needle out of the bottle ensuring that the point does not touch anything.
- Dry your face and acne lesion with a dry tissue.
- Holding the needle tightly insert the needle in the middle of the acne lesion and push until you feel the needle has entered the lesion's core.
- Allow the lesion to bleed whilst constantly removing the excess blood with a tissue; large lesions will yield uncanny amounts of blood, which might trickle from your face to your lower torso if not promptly cleaned.
- Holding the needle tightly insert it directly under the acne lesion; again wash the blood.
- Keep on inserting the needle in the lesion until the lesion stops bleeding and does not hurt anymore.
- Leave the lesion alone for half an hour, blood and a water like liquid will surround the lesion.
- Wash the lesion and apply a thick layer of BP 10%; wait ten minutes.
- If the lesion has bled and removed the BP, wash it again and apply more BP; rinse and repeat until the lesion cannot be seen anymore because of the BP.
- Check on the lesion, if it gets infected start the procedure again.
- Do not socialize; the needle acne removal procedure works on the long term, but generates a very large bump on the short term.
--- Do not try to ignore your acne; acne is not ugly in the eye of the bearer, acne is ugly period and must be tackled as soon as possible.
--- If you are male or anti-conventional, shave your hair to 0.3 / 0.4 MM, this way you will avoid excess oil from your hair causing pore blockages and thus acne.
Hope that will help with cystic acne,
Thanks and have a good day.
Edited by Raahl123, 16 July 2012 - 04:49 AM.