Photo

Spiro (25 Mg) + Bc + Retin-A (.025%) + Clyndamicin (1%)

acne log hormonal acne spironolactone retin-a clyndamicin

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
7 replies to this topic

#1 katkat1

katkat1

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 April 2012 - 07:39 PM

Hey Guys,

I decided to start a log on here as well.

I have struggled with acne for approx. 12 years, and I am now 22 years old. I've tried many things in the past of which none really seemed to be the solution. I currently mostly get medium to large cysts on my jaw line and near my ears, small bumps all over my chin and large cysts all over my upper back and shoulders, along with smaller puss-filled pimples on my shoulders/back and occasionally on my face. I have a lot of hyper pigmentation and scarring and extremely enlarged pores all over my face.

Today is only the 4th day of my new regimen and I honestly cannot believe how amazing my skin already feels and LOOKS!!!

My new routine is currently as follows

AM:
- Take 1 x 25 mg spiro and 1 x birth control pill (I take Gildess FE)
- Wash face with acne face cleanser (*Cetaphil DermaControl)
- Apply Clyndamicin gel all over face (every day)

PM:
- Wash face with non-acne face cleanser (I use Cetaphil right now but it started burning my face pretty badly yesterday, so I'm looking for something more gentle)
- Apply Retin-A all over face and body where necessary (3 x a week)
- Apply Clyndamicin all over face and body where necessary (every day)
- Apply moisturizer (* Cetaphil DermaControl oil-free moisturizer)

My skin was always normal-to-dry in my jaw area and lower cheeks, and very, very oily in my t-zone and upper cheeks/apples of my cheeks (under eye area). Since I started using this routine my skin made almost an entire 360 degree turn. It always felt very bumpy and just not as nice as the skin of "normal" people - my former out-of-control-oily t-zone is currently soft as a baby's butt and not oily at all. My former normal/dry area unfortunately is VERY dry right now and actually peeling a bit.. boo. (*) The Cetaphil samples I have received to try out from my new dermatologist along with coupons! I'm not sure, however, if I want to continue using them. I feel like the moisturizer doesn't give me enough moisture even if I heap it on :/ The cleanser seems good though. It reminds me a lot of the Philosophy "On a clear day" foam cleanser, but way less expensive Posted Image Does anyone have a good recommendation for a very moisturizing, oil-free moisturizer and very gentle (non-acne) face cleanser? I am considering looking into JUICE Beauty products because they are all-natural but I'm not sure yet.

My very large pores already seem a good deal smaller, and I have not experiences any new breakouts AT ALL!!!! At least not on my face. I got a rather big, painful zit on my shoulder right now.. but at least it's not on my face.

I think that's it for today... I hope everyone's doing good!

Edited by katkat1, 29 April 2012 - 07:42 PM.

#2 Keilebakescupcakes

Keilebakescupcakes

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 April 2012 - 08:10 PM

I use Oil of Olay for sensitive skin moisturizer, it works great!

How has BC helped you? I'm thinking about going on it to help my hormonal acne

#3 katkat1

katkat1

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 April 2012 - 08:40 PM

I only got back on BC recently (this is my second month) myself and I've definitely seen big improvements. I got far less cysts after one week of only being on birth control. :) Say, only 2-3 large ones instead of 5 or 6 at a time.

I used to use the Oil of Olay for sensitive skin as well for a long time, it's the pink-ish one right? I'm trying to find something that has SPF in it too for the day, my derm said I'll need SPF 30 in the summer - My current foundation only has SPF 10 - Boo.

#4 katkat1

katkat1

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 April 2012 - 07:47 AM

Looks like I need to switch foundations, my skin is flaky and dry, kind of itchy too :/ I switched from Estee Lauder Maximum Cover foundation to the Estee Lauder Stay-in-Place but it's definitely not moisturizing enough. I love the matte look, but this is craziness - I didn't even set with a powder today, and usually this would mean my foundation would be anywhere but my face by now (I apply it at 6 am, and it's 9.45 am where I am) but it literally "stayed in place" o.O usually even my ultra-gripping Maximum Cover dissolves itself with powder... I am shocked and happy right now. Not happy because of the dry, flaky skin but because for the first time in my entire life my face looks like it's supposed to with foundation on..

#5 KateLibby

KateLibby

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 30 April 2012 - 10:19 PM

My daughter has been on a combination of ortho tri cyclen birth control, clindamycin lotion and washing with cera ve in morning and pan Oxyl 4% at night. It has made the biggest difference. The clindamycin is great. We notice a huge difference in just 3-4 days from it. It can be drying to your skin. So can retin a. The clindamycin made my daughters skin dry for awhile but now it's not. Just keep using it. It may take 2 months or so but your skin will finally stop being so dry.

Good luck!

#6 katkat1

katkat1

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 May 2012 - 01:41 PM

Thank you, Kate! I applied a very heavy, natural moisturizer yesterday night and most of my face feels fine now except for my chin which still feels like... I don't know, sandpaper or something. Gah! I think I'll stop by the store later and pick up cheaper, non-drying foundation. I also had to skip a day of Clyndamicin yesterday because even just washing my face with water burns at the moment but I know I'm getting there... I'm just glad I didn't break out like crazy in these first couple of days.

I did get about 3 small/medium-sized whiteheads on my chin since last night but I think that was the moisturizer.

#7 katkat1

katkat1

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 May 2012 - 06:49 AM

I bought myself the Olay Pro-X yesterday -- the two cleansers I used to exfoliate are, IMO, too drying. I was thinking about getting the Clarisonic eventually but that's a big purchase, so I thought I'd try the Olay one first since it's only $29.99. I used it yesterday and it felt nice on my skin, but I don't see a huge difference.

I'm heading over to Sephora later today as well to get a recommendation (and hopefully a sample) for a new foundation.. Posted Image

I started getting a few small whiteheads/bumps around my jaw, and I got one larger whitehead on my forehead near my hairline.. still no cysts though :) So happy about that!

#8 Keilebakescupcakes

Keilebakescupcakes

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 May 2012 - 11:38 PM

No, this Oil of Olay Sensitive Skin moisturizer comes in a yellow and white box, and is in a white bottle with a black top. The actual moisturizer itself comes out white. This also has a UV protectant of 15spf