I decided to start a log on here as well.
I have struggled with acne for approx. 12 years, and I am now 22 years old. I've tried many things in the past of which none really seemed to be the solution. I currently mostly get medium to large cysts on my jaw line and near my ears, small bumps all over my chin and large cysts all over my upper back and shoulders, along with smaller puss-filled pimples on my shoulders/back and occasionally on my face. I have a lot of hyper pigmentation and scarring and extremely enlarged pores all over my face.
Today is only the 4th day of my new regimen and I honestly cannot believe how amazing my skin already feels and LOOKS!!!
My new routine is currently as follows
- Take 1 x 25 mg spiro and 1 x birth control pill (I take Gildess FE)
- Wash face with acne face cleanser (*Cetaphil DermaControl)
- Apply Clyndamicin gel all over face (every day)
- Wash face with non-acne face cleanser (I use Cetaphil right now but it started burning my face pretty badly yesterday, so I'm looking for something more gentle)
- Apply Retin-A all over face and body where necessary (3 x a week)
- Apply Clyndamicin all over face and body where necessary (every day)
- Apply moisturizer (* Cetaphil DermaControl oil-free moisturizer)
My skin was always normal-to-dry in my jaw area and lower cheeks, and very, very oily in my t-zone and upper cheeks/apples of my cheeks (under eye area). Since I started using this routine my skin made almost an entire 360 degree turn. It always felt very bumpy and just not as nice as the skin of "normal" people - my former out-of-control-oily t-zone is currently soft as a baby's butt and not oily at all. My former normal/dry area unfortunately is VERY dry right now and actually peeling a bit.. boo. (*) The Cetaphil samples I have received to try out from my new dermatologist along with coupons! I'm not sure, however, if I want to continue using them. I feel like the moisturizer doesn't give me enough moisture even if I heap it on :/ The cleanser seems good though. It reminds me a lot of the Philosophy "On a clear day" foam cleanser, but way less expensive Does anyone have a good recommendation for a very moisturizing, oil-free moisturizer and very gentle (non-acne) face cleanser? I am considering looking into JUICE Beauty products because they are all-natural but I'm not sure yet.
My very large pores already seem a good deal smaller, and I have not experiences any new breakouts AT ALL!!!! At least not on my face. I got a rather big, painful zit on my shoulder right now.. but at least it's not on my face.
I think that's it for today... I hope everyone's doing good!
Edited by katkat1, 29 April 2012 - 07:42 PM.