Photo

Bringing Products Down To A (My) Minimum

vaseline garnier clindamycin tinted moisturizer petroleum dermabrasion microdermabrasion

1 reply to this topic

#1 GettinClear

GettinClear

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 April 2012 - 12:18 PM

Hi Everyone,

Today, I finally decided to start a personal log.....

Ever since I was a teen (I'm 30 now), I've been trying to figure out keep my skin clear. When I think I've found the solution, things go awry. There are so many products on the list of things I've tried: Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash (burned my skin), Clean and Clear Oil Free Foaming Facial Cleanser (burned my skin, especially around my nose), Proactiv (did nothing), Benzoyl Peroxide 10% (Broke out my skin horribly, huge inflamed pimples), Cetaphil Moisturizer (Made my skin feel sticky), Tea tree oil and tea tree oil soap, as well as the lotion, clindamycin, doxycycline, benzamycin, Biore ice cleanser, and the list goes on........

I'm at a point where I want to use the minimum amount of products to keep my face mostly acne free (I don't need perfection). For the most part, my face is ok, except for the hormonal breakouts I get monthly. Lately, it seems that my face is breaking more on a regular basis, and I'm thinking it's because I started washing twice a day. Initially, I thought I was doing my skin some good because I was using the Biore cleanser with salicylic acid to keep my pores clear. However, I ended up looking even shinier than I usually do.

This morning, I started a new regimen consisting of this:

AM
Splash face with water
Apply tinted moisturizer

PM
Wash face with Garnier 3-Way Cleanser
Apply clindamycin gel (usually when I feel like it)
Cover skin with VERY THIN layer of petroleum jelly (blot with tissue if necessary)

On Friday, I used Neutrogena's Microdermabrasion System to help fade some of my dark spots. I like the results, but I can't help but wonder if it's actually hurting my skin. I don't see how Neutrogena suggests to use it 3 times a week. Knowing me, I'll use it probably once or twice a month. I used to rub my face with a washcloth after rinsing off my cleanser to remove dead skin, but I've been reading that I should do that, and now I'm patting my face dry.

This afternoon, I checked my face and it wasn't as oily as it usually would be. I'm not sure if the Vaseline is blocking the oils, keeping the oils from coming to the surface.

This current regimen is what I want to stick with for a least a month. Hopefully, I can maintain some discipline because sometimes I lack in that area. If I didn't wear tinted moisturizer, I'd probably attempt the caveman regimen.

--Maria

#2 GettinClear

GettinClear

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 April 2012 - 08:16 PM

It's been a week and things have been going well. Last night, I noticed some very small pimples here and there, and they're starting to make me a little nervous. Hopefully, they'll stay small and disappear soon.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users