Photo

I Need A Moisturizer That Wont Cause Acne?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
25 replies to this topic

#1 ctbo

ctbo

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 April 2012 - 02:51 PM

I need a moisturizer since my ace meds are making my skin so dry i got few of those wrinkles from very dry skin.Can anyone tell me who makes a good oil free moisturizer i can use on my skin that wont cause me to break out?i USE ACZONE so im guessing ill have to put it on over it cause i have to have the aczone on day and night so i wont break out ugh i hate acne it sucks.

#2 Guest_*Spiro*_*

Guest_*Spiro*_*
  • Guests
  • Posts & Likes

Posted 03 April 2012 - 05:25 PM

CeraVe moisturizing cream! Best stuff out there if you are in the US

#3 Roisin75

Roisin75

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 April 2012 - 02:06 AM

La Roche Posay Toleriane Fluid - this is AMAZING stuff! I used it all through my Roaccutane course, it is light and oil-free but also very soothing. The list of it's ingredients is very short and as far as I am aware, none of them are comodogenic.

Because I need something with SPF for the day, I have just bought Avene Hydrance Optimale (UV Legere SPF 20) - this is also oil-free etc. I have my fingers crossed that it won't break me out!

Edited by Roisin75, 04 April 2012 - 02:11 AM.

Roaccutane course completed 19th February 2012

#4 ctbo

ctbo

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 April 2012 - 02:11 PM

i just picked up some neutrogena oil free Moisturizer .its says on the box its non comedogenic what does that mean? oil free and also that its hypoallergenic and aclohol free.seems like its a great one.what does non comedogenic and hypoallergenic mean?

#5 ctbo

ctbo

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 2
About Me

Posted 04 April 2012 - 11:01 PM

just wondering do i put my acne zone on first them the Moisturizer over the top of it?will this stop the acne med from working?

#6 NotMeAtAll

NotMeAtAll

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 05 April 2012 - 04:30 PM

I second the CeraVe recommendation. It is full of scientifically-proven ingredients to moisturize and treat. I put it on after my acne topicals have dried. I can also pat it on over my makeup if I get flaky during the day. The key is you have to use moisturizer twice daily no matter what - if you wait until your skin looks dry, it will be too irritated. Prevention is better than freaking out and slathering on way too much of something heavy.

#7 ctbo

ctbo

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 05 April 2012 - 11:36 PM

thanks I looked online it looks like cvs sells cerave but there are like 4 or 5 types what one should I get?is cerave oil free and non comedogenic and hypoallergenic?just dont want anything that will break me out thanks for the help! i like what i read about it online.you say you put it on twice a day do you put the moisturizer on when you get up over the topicals acne meds and then before bed?or does it matter?

Edited by ctbo, 06 April 2012 - 01:53 AM.

#8 ctbo

ctbo

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 April 2012 - 02:47 AM

I need to know the best moisurizer for dry skin that wont break me out so it has to be oil free and non comedogentic and would be nice if its hypoallergenic also i have really sensitive skin I break out easly.but my sky is way way to dry from using meds my derm gave me to use on my face.so i want a good moisturizer to put on over the aczone i have to keep on my face 24 7 cause its making my face crazy dry.what do you use and reccomened?i bought some neutrogena sensitive skin oil free moisturizer its also non comedogenic and hypoallergenic but is there anything better?i only been using it a few days but wonder what you guys use or whats good or is what i bought good?kinda new to the moisturizer thing and need some help since my skin is so very dry thanks everyone.

Edited by ctbo, 06 April 2012 - 02:47 AM.

#9 whatthekell

whatthekell

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 06 April 2012 - 05:31 AM

The moisturizer you chose is good, although it sometimes isn't enough to combat the flakes that come with using BP and other medications. Everybody's skin is different though, and you need to find out what works best for you. I like to use CeraVe PM moisturizer, but I use it day and night. Other people like the regular CeraVe moisturizing lotion and some people like Cetaphil. I personally cannot use Cetaphil. Here is a link for you to take when you go shopping. Make sure you avoid the ingredients that are marked high. It will take trial and error, but knowing which ingredients are bad will help you.

#10 ctbo

ctbo

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 April 2012 - 02:08 PM

thanks for the info but i dont see the link?I was reading another post by someone that said he found comedogenic ingredients in the netrogena oil free moisturizer.how can that be when it says right on the box it isnt?heres the link to that post.read the 2nd post cause i dont understand how that can be?

http://www.acne.org/...isturizer-help/

i looked at cerave in the store today but it doesnt say its oil free or non comedogenic so im scared it will break me out and no one in the stupid store knows anything not that they would at wallgreens. anyway shold i always have the moisturizer on over my topical ance gel on the face day and night or only at night?thanks for your help.

Edited by ctbo, 06 April 2012 - 02:09 PM.

#11 NotMeAtAll

NotMeAtAll

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 06 April 2012 - 02:13 PM

http://www.cvs.com/C...jump&navCount=3

CeraVe Facial Moisturizing Lotion PM.

I put it on after my benzoyl peroxide gel in the morning and evening every day. I also pat it on during the day if I get any flakes.

#12 ctbo

ctbo

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 07 April 2012 - 12:22 PM

ok thanks the CeraVe never broke you out? i bought a few to try out i bought CeraVe Facial Moisturizing Lotion PM. and i also found a new one its called neutrogena oil free clear skin moisturizer it has 0.5% salicylic acid in it guess its for people who get acne like all of us. its so new its not even on the internet yet i found it at cvs.but since its a moisturizer and has 0.5% salicylic acid even though thats a low amount isnt salicylic acid drying?guess i will try them both.any info will help thanks

Edited by ctbo, 08 April 2012 - 03:41 AM.

#13 NotMeAtAll

NotMeAtAll

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 21 April 2012 - 06:24 AM

ok thanks the CeraVe never broke you out? i bought a few to try out i bought CeraVe Facial Moisturizing Lotion PM. and i also found a new one its called neutrogena oil free clear skin moisturizer it has 0.5% salicylic acid in it guess its for people who get acne like all of us. its so new its not even on the internet yet i found it at cvs.but since its a moisturizer and has 0.5% salicylic acid even though thats a low amount isnt salicylic acid drying?guess i will try them both.any info will help thanks

No, it never broke me out. It is very well-designed to moisturize in several different ways.

#14 ctbo

ctbo

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 April 2012 - 07:34 AM

i have a question i been using nertogena spf 35 moisturizer its oil free non comedogenic and i put it over aczone gel.it doesnt seems to want to stick over the aczone gel for some reason it kinda flakes off and smudges.im sure its not made for going over aczone but my skins so dry i need something over it and i want the spf for the day.think im going to try creave to see how i like it not sure if its oil free though i know alot of people use it.

#15 allrighty

allrighty

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 21 April 2012 - 07:41 PM

I cant use the Nuetrogena one, it really is oiley on my skin even tho it says its oil free.

#16 ctbo

ctbo

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 April 2012 - 11:05 PM

well everyone says use cerave but i found something in creave pm thats not good for your skin is called cetearl acohol and ceteareth 20 and there high on the comedogenic list on this site means it will break you ou.i really dont know how anyone on here uses this stuff without breaking out .not sure about cerave am yet.so far its not looking to good for cerave.I also found part of one in the cerave am cetearyl alchohol.I dont know about using this stuff now.im sure its good for dry skin but people with dry acne pron skin it doesnt look so good.I didnt check the creave regular CeraVe moisturizing lotion yet.how does this stuff not break you guys out i dont get it.check the list.

http://www.acne.org/...genic-list.html comedogenic list.

Edited by ctbo, 21 April 2012 - 11:16 PM.

#17 NotMeAtAll

NotMeAtAll

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 22 April 2012 - 03:02 PM

I don't know what to tell you other than everyone's skin is different. I have always used several chemical exfoliants (AHA & BHA) so surface pore clogging is never an issue for me.

#18 olive11

olive11

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 April 2012 - 04:12 PM

rather than all the chemically crap out there, try organic grapeseed oil or tamanu oil, both amazing, healing and moisturizing and won't break you out (google them ...)

#19 ASAPatrick

ASAPatrick

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 April 2012 - 04:54 PM

All of those all natural base oils can break people out too... I had a recent bad episode with huge cysts around my mouth from a jojoba based moisturizer from whole foods that had all sort of claims of being all natural and paraben free ect... Immediatelyswitched back to olay combination skin moisture spf 15 now and like the results so far. I Use it 5min after leaving topical (2.5% bp gel , 1% clindamycin phosphate) on.

Edited by ASAPatrick, 22 April 2012 - 04:56 PM.

#20 allrighty

allrighty

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 28 April 2012 - 01:08 AM

Cetaphil maybe?