Photo

"it's A Myth That Acne Is Influenced By Oily Foods, Junk Food, Chocolate, Etc." Are You Kidding Me?

food myths research diet acne junk food

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
26 replies to this topic

#1 allyouneedishope

allyouneedishope

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 March 2012 - 05:57 PM

What the frick. Everywhere I look website are like:

It's a myth that acne is influenced by oily foods, junk food, chocolate, etc.

I see this all over the place, but I know for a fact if I go into my kitchen right now and eat the three cookies that have been taunting me all day, I will break out. I hate two cinnamon roles and a cookie over the course of the day yesterday and ate healthy the rest of the day, and I "out of the blue" broke out HARD. Much worse that it usually is.

I know that things like sweets and coffee/caffeine break me out, and INFLUENCE my acne.

So how can all of these websites say this? They are probably ruining peoples days out there, because they are going out and eating whatever the hell they want.

Idk. I guess this is more or less just a rant, but is anyone else aggravated by this? Do you feel like there are specific things that set your acne off? What foods influence your acne?

#2 ClearDreaming

ClearDreaming

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 March 2012 - 06:55 PM

I think the point is that it's not the actual food that is making you break out, if it was everyone who ate like crap would break out, when clearly that is not the case.

In certain people food may make them break out, but that is likely due to intolerances or allergies, in other words, there is something else wrong with your body that food aggravates. Maybe your body doesn't absorb nutrients the way it should for example.

Food appears to make no difference to my acne, I probably eat healthier than 90% of the people I know. I think it is a good thing that websites are happy to debunk those sorts of myths and it stops people making snide comments about acne being the persons fault.
Started (Ro)Accutane :)
Month 1- 20mg
Month 2- 50mg
Month 3- 50mg

I literally do not care what you think about accutane, it was MY choice to take it, respect that.

#3 OPeggyGordon

OPeggyGordon

• Banned
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 10
About Me

Posted 25 March 2012 - 06:59 PM

what the frick indeed!
I agree its utter bollix that nutrition and acne are not related, sugar and processed foods well known trigegrs, if you have allergies it could be anything like gluten or dairy or whatever...tree nuts?
Only think people can do is find out their triggers an avoid them.

I think the point is that it's not the actual food that is making you break out, if it was everyone who ate like crap would break out, when clearly that is not the case.

In certain people food may make them break out, but that is likely due to intolerances or allergies, in other words, there is something else wrong with your body that food aggravates. Maybe your body doesn't absorb nutrients the way it should for example.

Food appears to make no difference to my acne, I probably eat healthier than 90% of the people I know. I think it is a good thing that websites are happy to debunk those sorts of myths and it stops people making snide comments about acne being the persons fault.

I slightly disagree, think of acne like diabetes, IF you have it then you wills uffer by eatings sugar, if not...well no problem.
Just curious how much you have experimented on food affecting your acne, I mean how is it now, are you clear or still actively break out?
Im not saying I dont believe you but I know for me, I absolutely am better with acne if I dont eat loads of sugar an junky stuff.Whether or not you have acne its bad to constantly consume junk anyway.
Sure you can live to 100...if you give up all the things that make it worthwhile .

#4 ClearDreaming

ClearDreaming

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 March 2012 - 07:05 PM

I haven't experimented as much as a lot of people on these boards. But for the most part I eat what they suggest anyway. I have been vegetarian since I was very young, and vegan for the most part for years. I don't enjoy eating processed foods and avoid them whenever I can. I eat mainly salad, veg and fruit. I don't eat bread very often either as I don't like it.

I still break out and am looking at going on accutane. But as for the food part, like I said, doesn't seem to make a blind bit of difference.

I understand what you are saying with the diabetes analogy, that actually seems to agree with what I said.
Started (Ro)Accutane :)
Month 1- 20mg
Month 2- 50mg
Month 3- 50mg

I literally do not care what you think about accutane, it was MY choice to take it, respect that.

#5 younnn

younnn

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 March 2012 - 09:08 PM

I have NO allergies, i had my allergy tests done as well, nothing triggered the link to acne. But i ate such bullshit, i drank loads of beer, sodas, and all unhealthy foods as well.. As soon as i graduated highschool, i gave up, i ate healthy back then, great body, and looked great! Now 5 years later i have acne and loads of Red marks. And i've basically had this problem since the year i graduated.

But i was never the type of person that was too shy to talk about it to people, i talked about it with friends, family, girlfriend, etc. Even random people. Although it did affect me emotionally, pretty deep. But i taught myself to stop hiding my problems and start seeking solutions.

I spoke to my mother about the whole food allergy problem, and foods that trigger acne.. And she told me a story to relate to this.. She said she used to eat things that would make her body break out, acne, just all kinds of problems. She to, thought she has Allergies. This is the part where half of you will think it's cheesy. She told me, that allergies are something that if you fear, you will most likely get the problem. She began to pray over the foods she ate, believed that the food will cause no harm, she blessed God for the food, and ate. And now, ever since she's been showing true faith such as this, she eats whatever she wants and NO problems.

I grew up a christian. But i never really thanked God, or blessed the foods that we eat. I don't break out anymore, my acne is gone, and my red marks are diminishing. I thank god everyday. I tested on all sorts of foods, oily, fried, fast foods, foods that normally made me break out a day later...

Afterwards, now i'm just doing a healthy diet to get back in shape, but i started this diet over 4 months ago. I ate nothing but organics, fruits, veggies, and meat. No fast foods, oily foods, NOTHING.

Well, got my body back, and my red marks are diminishing at an incredible rate.

Thank God! Posted Image

Edited by younnn, 25 March 2012 - 09:11 PM.

Most important step in the process of defeating Acne, KNOW THE ROOT CAUSE OF YOUR SPECIFIC PROBLEM.

#6 DaftFrost

DaftFrost

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 March 2012 - 04:23 PM

I have NO allergies, i had my allergy tests done as well, nothing triggered the link to acne. But i ate such bullshit, i drank loads of beer, sodas, and all unhealthy foods as well.. As soon as i graduated highschool, i gave up, i ate healthy back then, great body, and looked great! Now 5 years later i have acne and loads of Red marks. And i've basically had this problem since the year i graduated.

But i was never the type of person that was too shy to talk about it to people, i talked about it with friends, family, girlfriend, etc. Even random people. Although it did affect me emotionally, pretty deep. But i taught myself to stop hiding my problems and start seeking solutions.

I spoke to my mother about the whole food allergy problem, and foods that trigger acne.. And she told me a story to relate to this.. She said she used to eat things that would make her body break out, acne, just all kinds of problems. She to, thought she has Allergies. This is the part where half of you will think it's cheesy. She told me, that allergies are something that if you fear, you will most likely get the problem. She began to pray over the foods she ate, believed that the food will cause no harm, she blessed God for the food, and ate. And now, ever since she's been showing true faith such as this, she eats whatever she wants and NO problems.

I grew up a christian. But i never really thanked God, or blessed the foods that we eat. I don't break out anymore, my acne is gone, and my red marks are diminishing. I thank god everyday. I tested on all sorts of foods, oily, fried, fast foods, foods that normally made me break out a day later...

Afterwards, now i'm just doing a healthy diet to get back in shape, but i started this diet over 4 months ago. I ate nothing but organics, fruits, veggies, and meat. No fast foods, oily foods, NOTHING.

Well, got my body back, and my red marks are diminishing at an incredible rate.

Thank God! Posted Image

I am not religious but I personally research and learn about this whole spirituality thing about this world.

What you are saying is correct. It's related to whats called "Law of Attraction" or what you feel/think the most is what you get the most. If you keep on being worried and scared about bad things will happen, they will happen. That is explainable at the quantum sub-atomic level where thoughts change the vibration of matter accordingly. We are like energy emitters of our own reality, you can even cure cancers with this, theres plenty of success stories.

Just watch this!

Thoughts are energy that have huge affect on this physical world, yet we are so fact-washed by the government so we don't realize.

So basically, the more you are thinking about how bad your skin looks, you are only slowing the progress of healing. Just ignore, be thankful that you have a clear skin and even write it down and just pretend you do have a clear skin.

This is a concept that most ignorant people struggle to understand.

Edited by DaftFrost, 26 March 2012 - 04:24 PM.

#7 younnn

younnn

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 March 2012 - 05:11 PM

Amen, your mind controls your body. Just like fear of doing a sport, or something as an example.. If you fear it, you will not do so good.. if you believe in yourself, good things will come!

Most important step in the process of defeating Acne, KNOW THE ROOT CAUSE OF YOUR SPECIFIC PROBLEM.

#8 OPeggyGordon

OPeggyGordon

• Banned
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 May 2012 - 08:47 AM

Amen, your mind controls your body. Just like fear of doing a sport, or something as an example.. If you fear it, you will not do so good.. if you believe in yourself, good things will come!

I need help with this concept. Serious help Im afraid of everything! I pray every day that the food I eat wnt break me out. maybe God is punishing me for my vanity or maybe Im just feckin crazy.
Sure you can live to 100...if you give up all the things that make it worthwhile .

#9 DaftFrost

DaftFrost

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 10 May 2012 - 05:16 AM

I need help with this concept. Serious help Im afraid of everything! I pray every day that the food I eat wnt break me out. maybe God is punishing me for my vanity or maybe Im just feckin crazy.

Religion and Spirituality are both alike. Spirituality is just more pure without any man made concepts. Praying is like wishing for something in life.But the way you pray it is little wrong nowadays.
You are suppose to visualize and feel that you already have what you are praying for. You are suppose to feel happy and just visualize that you have it now when you pray. What you think and feel is what is attracted to you.

If you go like "Oh god please, I don't like my skin" that is not praying you are not helping the situation at all. Skip to the conclusion.

Edited by DaftFrost, 10 May 2012 - 05:16 AM.

#10 AuguriesofInnocence

AuguriesofInnocence

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 3
About Me

Posted 10 May 2012 - 07:27 AM

Religion and Spirituality are both alike. Spirituality is just more pure without any man made concepts. Praying is like wishing for something in life.But the way you pray it is little wrong nowadays.
You are suppose to visualize and feel that you already have what you are praying for. You are suppose to feel happy and just visualize that you have it now when you pray. What you think and feel is what is attracted to you.

If you go like "Oh god please, I don't like my skin" that is not praying you are not helping the situation at all. Skip to the conclusion.

so saying "thanks God for what I do have and I am graetful that I have clear skin" is a better idea?
Just wondering. I always pray for everyone and for myself I have been asking to be healed for years. maybe instead of saying 'heal my acne" I should be saying "thank you for this clear skin?" and visualising how I want to look? As if its already done?

#11 DaftFrost

DaftFrost

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 10 May 2012 - 10:43 AM

so saying "thanks God for what I do have and I am graetful that I have clear skin" is a better idea?
Just wondering. I always pray for everyone and for myself I have been asking to be healed for years. maybe instead of saying 'heal my acne" I should be saying "thank you for this clear skin?" and visualising how I want to look? As if its already done?

Yep being grateful is like mentioning the good energy and attracting more of it. Say thank you and just act like you have a clear skin. Although for acne, it's rather about what you eat and also release of emotional energy so it may be hard to just control it with visualizing.
Instead of saying "heal my acne" say I have a clear skin. What you state/believe/think is what makes up your reality. When you say "Heal my acne" you are stating that you HAVE acne, you have acne that needs to be healed. What do you think when you say that? you think of your acne first then it being healed. But if you just say I have a clear skin thats a completely different thing. You feel lot better when you say " I have a clear skin" than "I have acne and heal it"

It's basically called the "Law of Attraction" you should look that up or visit the forum "powerfulintentions". There are even people who lost 2kg in a week, who grew 5 inches in 3 months even at their 20s, or even changed their nose (although its very hard). I am currently doing lots of meditation, and trying to change my nose along with other physical aspects of my body I want to change. Once in a while, whenever I visualize and know that I have the nose I want, I get like this tingling preassure on my nose. It's amazing what the mind can do.

Think outside the box, nothing is impossible. Let go of the man made egos and limits that we make in our minds.

#12 arqa22

arqa22

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 10 May 2012 - 01:13 PM

ironiclly acne.org is also full of this bullsh1t

just look under the section "acne myth"

#13 Starlitskies

Starlitskies

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 10 May 2012 - 01:16 PM

There's nothing wrong with praying for something to be taken away - like acne. Jesus himself prayed, “Father, if you are willing, take this cup from me; yet not my will, but yours be done.” (Luke 22:42). The "cup" he was referring to was the cross and taking our sins. So there's nothing wrong with praying for God to heal your acne. However, just because you pray doesn't mean it will necessarily happen. God isn't a genie in a lamp that we just rub and he has to do our wishes.

I try to take the attitude of these three dudes (Nebuchadnezzar, and evil king, was forcing them to worship an idol, if they refused they were going to be burned to death in a furnace) Here's what they said... "Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego replied, “O Nebuchadnezzar, we do not need to defend ourselves before you. 17 If we are thrown into the blazing furnace, the God whom we serve is able to save us. He will rescue us from your power, Your Majesty. 18 But even if he doesn’t, we want to make it clear to you, Your Majesty, that we will never serve your gods or worship the gold statue you have set up.” (Daniel 3:16-17). Basically, yes God CAN heal your acne, but even if he doesn't you still have to trust him.

But, I agree that at the same time we should be thankful. I mean, God died for YOU and offers to take your sins. Even if he does nothing else for me, that is more than enough and way more than I could ever deserve! "Be thankful in all circumstances, for this is God’s will for you who belong to Christ Jesus." (1st Thessalonians 5:17).

Jesus is the best King ever :) However, I get that many of you will think I'm crazy, and I'm fine with that. My beliefs are backed up historically and scientifically. Not to mention that the Bible is the most historically accurate book of all time. It's not just a "feeling." But now I'll end my Christian rant, haha :P
Who says? Who says you're not perfect? Who says you're not worth it? Who says you're not beautiful? Who says?
I'm no beauty queen, I'm just beautiful me!

#14 DaftFrost

DaftFrost

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 10 May 2012 - 04:37 PM

There's nothing wrong with praying for something to be taken away - like acne. Jesus himself prayed, “Father, if you are willing, take this cup from me; yet not my will, but yours be done.” (Luke 22:42). The "cup" he was referring to was the cross and taking our sins. So there's nothing wrong with praying for God to heal your acne. However, just because you pray doesn't mean it will necessarily happen. God isn't a genie in a lamp that we just rub and he has to do our wishes.

I try to take the attitude of these three dudes (Nebuchadnezzar, and evil king, was forcing them to worship an idol, if they refused they were going to be burned to death in a furnace) Here's what they said... "Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego replied, “O Nebuchadnezzar, we do not need to defend ourselves before you. 17 If we are thrown into the blazing furnace, the God whom we serve is able to save us. He will rescue us from your power, Your Majesty. 18 But even if he doesn’t, we want to make it clear to you, Your Majesty, that we will never serve your gods or worship the gold statue you have set up.” (Daniel 3:16-17). Basically, yes God CAN heal your acne, but even if he doesn't you still have to trust him.

But, I agree that at the same time we should be thankful. I mean, God died for YOU and offers to take your sins. Even if he does nothing else for me, that is more than enough and way more than I could ever deserve! "Be thankful in all circumstances, for this is God’s will for you who belong to Christ Jesus." (1st Thessalonians 5:17).

Jesus is the best King ever Posted Image However, I get that many of you will think I'm crazy, and I'm fine with that. My beliefs are backed up historically and scientifically. Not to mention that the Bible is the most historically accurate book of all time. It's not just a "feeling." But now I'll end my Christian rant, haha Posted Image

I wasn't necessarily referring to Jesus. If you look into Spiritiality itself the story is a lot different. As time passed, humans just took the idea of Christianity and polluted it. Greedy priests, churches... you don't necessarily need that. If you want purest form of knowledge, you could go meditate and connect with the higher consciousness. Which ofcourse takes practice and is very hard.

We are all fragments of god himself. All alike, whenever we are visualizing, thinking or feeling something its similar to praying. Its always in action. God just doesn't choose to make your wish true or not, its always in action but higher the viberation faster it is to manifest. Instead of god, I'd like to think of it as "Source Consciousness". Science proves that, what we think or say to even a water, changes its crystals. Saying negative words disrupts and creates a dense structure. Saying Thank you creates a snow crystal like neatly formed white structure. Quantum Physics is just beginning to explain all that, like how atom's arrangement changes depending on where you THINK IT IS.

It's a world of abundance it just depends on the person wether if he can manifest the way he want or not.

Edited by DaftFrost, 10 May 2012 - 04:38 PM.

#15 Starlitskies

Starlitskies

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 11 May 2012 - 12:09 AM

Jesus is the best King ever Posted Image However, I get that many of you will think I'm crazy, and I'm fine with that. My beliefs are backed up historically and scientifically. Not to mention that the Bible is the most historically accurate book of all time. It's not just a "feeling." But now I'll end my Christian rant, haha Posted Image

I wasn't necessarily referring to Jesus. If you look into Spiritiality itself the story is a lot different. As time passed, humans just took the idea of Christianity and polluted it. Greedy priests, churches... you don't necessarily need that. If you want purest form of knowledge, you could go meditate and connect with the higher consciousness. Which ofcourse takes practice and is very hard.

We are all fragments of god himself. All alike, whenever we are visualizing, thinking or feeling something its similar to praying. Its always in action. God just doesn't choose to make your wish true or not, its always in action but higher the viberation faster it is to manifest. Instead of god, I'd like to think of it as "Source Consciousness". Science proves that, what we think or say to even a water, changes its crystals. Saying negative words disrupts and creates a dense structure. Saying Thank you creates a snow crystal like neatly formed white structure. Quantum Physics is just beginning to explain all that, like how atom's arrangement changes depending on where you THINK IT IS.

It's a world of abundance it just depends on the person wether if he can manifest the way he want or not.

I only commented because someone mentioned earlier than they were Christian, so I was trying to put some more insight into the Christian perspective. But yeah, that's why I don't base my Christianity off of society (greed, corruptness), but rather what comes straight from the Bible because that is the basis of true Christianity.

And when you say we are fragments of "god himself", who exactly are you even referring too? You and I have very different versions of "spirituality", which I can understand. I differ from you because I believe I have no power on my own. Hey, I'm just a worthless sinner with zero power. I believe God holds all the cards, and has given me grace and mercy and saved me.

Only God has real power. On my own I definitely ain't changing nothin'! I was created by Him, and for Him, and that's enough for me Posted Image

Oh, and since I know the Bible to be true, I believe Jesus when he said, "With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.” (Matthew 19:26) That pretty much sums it up :)

Edited by Starlitskies, 11 May 2012 - 12:18 AM.

Who says? Who says you're not perfect? Who says you're not worth it? Who says you're not beautiful? Who says?

#16 DaftFrost

DaftFrost

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 May 2012 - 05:19 AM

I only commented because someone mentioned earlier than they were Christian, so I was trying to put some more insight into the Christian perspective. But yeah, that's why I don't base my Christianity off of society (greed, corruptness), but rather what comes straight from the Bible because that is the basis of true Christianity.

And when you say we are fragments of "god himself", who exactly are you even referring too? You and I have very different versions of "spirituality", which I can understand. I differ from you because I believe I have no power on my own. Hey, I'm just a worthless sinner with zero power. I believe God holds all the cards, and has given me grace and mercy and saved me.

Only God has real power. On my own I definitely ain't changing nothin'! I was created by Him, and for Him, and that's enough for me Posted Image

Oh, and since I know the Bible to be true, I believe Jesus when he said, "With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.” (Matthew 19:26) That pretty much sums it up Posted Image

We surely don't what god looks like or who he really is because we don't have much connection to him in this physical world. It is said that he is highest viberational consciousness. Just a consciousness, a mind. That created this world to experience life through his sub himself. What he means by he built us by his image is, everyone/everything every physical atom are from god. That consciousness wanted this whole world to exist. Otherwise, why would and are even suppose to exist? Universe can't just be sitting there by itself. Something must have triggered it to be there.

I do agree with you. Don't say you have no power on your own. Don't put all the responsibilities on god. What you can do in life, how you can live is all in you. We all have god deep in ourself, all that power but we just can't access them because we are distracted by this physical world. Monks meditate to reach closer with the Source Consciousness, by connecting with the universe. Some even meditate for years, without food / water, or any movement. They feed off the cosmic abundant energy.

Peace itself starts from that individual person, we are all connected. What Jesus could mean is that, with the current man of this world where we have poor knowledge on our true self, and low spirituality we aren't even aware of the powers we hold. According to Mayans believe it or not, Gods made humans very spiritual, who knows everything of the world around them instinctively, highly spiritual, but god thought they gave them too much power so they blew a cloud to confuse them and hide their power.

#17 Starlitskies

Starlitskies

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 11 May 2012 - 03:40 PM

Eh, I'll stick to believing only what the Bible says. I believe God is a lot more than just the "highest conscience." You seem to pull from all religions equally...

#18 OPeggyGordon

OPeggyGordon

• Banned
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 May 2012 - 06:52 AM

I believe in God an there is nothing wrong with asking for healing(however you word it) because it cant hurt.
Jesus, Buddha etc all them healed people in thier lifetimes. It could happen. But like you all say, dont just sit back and do nothing constructive, try and help yourself.

#19 Pinklady89

Pinklady89

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 May 2012 - 09:29 PM

I also do beleive that Jesus is all powereful and able to heal acne if we beleive and trust him.
He says in his word" that all power is in his name"

#20 rachel80

rachel80

• Banned
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 May 2012 - 11:31 PM

Your skin is a reflection of your internal health, that's just common sense.