Photo

Anyone Know Of A Good Bha (Lactic Acid) Moisturizer?

bha lactic acid moisturizer red mark

6 replies to this topic

#1 Kyle_

Kyle_

Regimen user since 2011

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 18 March 2012 - 08:01 AM

Read the title basically!

I have only ever tried one, can't remember the name, but it was like applying cake icing to my face the way it set, it still however really helped my red marks!

Any Help?

New Regimen!

Morning: 2 pumps Dan's cleanser in the shower, and "Eucerin Dermo Purifyer Hydrating Care" to moisturize, works to get me through the day without dry skin, but doesn't show, it's like there's nothing on my face, it's matt and doesn't shine.

///

Night: 2/3 pumps Dan's cleaner in the shower, using the cleanser to shave with a 2 blade generic razor, end segment finger's worth of Dan's BP, 2 pumps Dan's moisturizer with 6 drops generic, organic jojoba oil.

Sometimes just Dan's AHA+, or the usual application of Dan's BP with AHA+ on top if I'm feeling hardcore.

///

1 generic multivitamin, 30mg Zinc if the multivitamin doesn't contain it, 1/2 odorless garlic capsules, 2/3 EyeQ capsules (omega 3, 6, evening primrose oil,)

Have been on lots of different prescriptions, most successful was oxytetracycline.

New regimen!

Dove summer glow morning

AHA+ (acne.org) night!

Awaiting 20% salicylic acid gel in post for chin and nose.

Acne isn't returning after almost 2 years on the regimen

Looking for treatments for oily skin however, I have that really bad

#2 Avenger

Avenger

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 March 2012 - 08:38 AM

Lactic acid is an AHA (Alpha Hydroxy Acid) not a BHA (Beta Hydroxy Acid).

Paula's choice and Garnier have a good line of BHA products at relatively low concentrations of 2% so they can be used on a daily basis and are non irritating.

I'm not aware of any brand names that have Lactic Acid moisturisers, sorry.

#3 Kyle_

Kyle_

Regimen user since 2011

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 18 March 2012 - 08:50 AM

My mistake!
Thankyou for the advice!

New Regimen!

Morning: 2 pumps Dan's cleanser in the shower, and "Eucerin Dermo Purifyer Hydrating Care" to moisturize, works to get me through the day without dry skin, but doesn't show, it's like there's nothing on my face, it's matt and doesn't shine.

///

Night: 2/3 pumps Dan's cleaner in the shower, using the cleanser to shave with a 2 blade generic razor, end segment finger's worth of Dan's BP, 2 pumps Dan's moisturizer with 6 drops generic, organic jojoba oil.

Sometimes just Dan's AHA+, or the usual application of Dan's BP with AHA+ on top if I'm feeling hardcore.

///

1 generic multivitamin, 30mg Zinc if the multivitamin doesn't contain it, 1/2 odorless garlic capsules, 2/3 EyeQ capsules (omega 3, 6, evening primrose oil,)

Have been on lots of different prescriptions, most successful was oxytetracycline.

New regimen!

Dove summer glow morning

AHA+ (acne.org) night!

Awaiting 20% salicylic acid gel in post for chin and nose.

Acne isn't returning after almost 2 years on the regimen

Looking for treatments for oily skin however, I have that really bad

#4 NotMeAtAll

NotMeAtAll

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 2
About Me

Achievements

Posted 05 April 2012 - 04:56 PM

It's not a moisturizer, but the Dr. Dennis Gross Alpha Beta Daily Face Peel wipes are awesome. They have several AHAs (lactic, glycolic and malic acids), BHA (salicylic acid), and retinol, plus vitamins. They are self-neutralizing so you don't get irritation, and then I can put on moisturizer and BPO.

#5 excelicious

excelicious

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Running is my favorite hobby. Also yoga once in a while to "de stressify" myself. I could probably do more adventurous things if my acne was not holding me back emotionally.

Achievements

Posted 20 April 2012 - 06:01 PM

Are you serious? If there is a exfoliating ingredient in a product then it is not suited to be called "moisturizer" it is known as exfoliating cream or night cream. Never like exfoliation because it peels the top layer of the skin and exposes it to bacteria causing acne. Sure you look good after exfoliation but is it really worth it in the future long run?

#6 toon-toon92

toon-toon92

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 July 2012 - 06:20 PM

Neutrogena Visibly Clear Oil Free moisturiser :)

#7 mWilso

mWilso

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 23 July 2012 - 10:45 AM

Lac-Hydrin 5 or Ammonium Lactate lotion (generic).

Are you serious? If there is a exfoliating ingredient in a product then it is not suited to be called "moisturizer" it is known as exfoliating cream or night cream. Never like exfoliation because it peels the top layer of the skin and exposes it to bacteria causing acne. Sure you look good after exfoliation but is it really worth it in the future long run?

That's not quite true. With Lactic Acid lotions, the theory is that the very gentle exfoliation removes the dead cells so that the moisture can be bound to the new cells. Skin with dead skin layers can't absorb moisture as efficiently as exfoliated skin. I've been prescribed the ammonium lactate lotion from a derm for dry skin before.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users