Photo

Acne Friendly Primer?!...is There Such A Thing?

cosmetics primer oil free concealer blush foundation

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
9 replies to this topic

#1 nabz1

nabz1

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 16 March 2012 - 07:55 PM

Hello everyone!

I have been researching primers for a while now but unfortunately i have not been able to find many primers that are specific to acne/problematic/sensitive skin!

I have just purchased the Bare Escentuals prime time oil-free primer. Has anyone tried this concoction?!

I have super sensitive skin and break out to almost everything. So have stuck with one foundation - Everyday Minerals (Godsend), for 5/6 years now and am too scared to try out anything else - including concealers, primers, blushes etc.. in case i beak out.

Any advice would be much appreciated Posted Image XX

#2 sh1234

sh1234

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 March 2012 - 05:38 PM

i havent tried the BE primer but I use smashbox photo finish light its oil free and has never broken me out..
also cover fx has one called clear prep fx that i think has salyclic acid in it

as far as trying new things, have you ever tried anything from jane iredale?
its all mineral makeup thats good for your skin, i use the mineral powder, bronzer and blush and i looove them
you should check it out :)

#3 nycqueen

nycqueen

Acne Soldier

• Moderators
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 13
About Me

Posted 23 March 2012 - 10:43 AM

Hey there... I use both Smashbox Photofinish and Bare Escentials primers and they both work fantastically... I have extremely acne prone skin so I find they work best without breaking me out, even though I do prefer B.E.'s primer because of the texture and longevity, the Smashbox one is a little more watery in consistency but just as good... Hope this helps... :)

#4 AntiqueGlitter

AntiqueGlitter

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 March 2012 - 07:39 PM

I use the L'Oreal Studio Secrets Magic Perfecting Base, and it works great! Its primary use is to fill in pores and fine lines, actually, but it's amazing at what it's supposed to do. Girl, lemme tell you--I have icepick scars on my cheeks and forehead wrinkles (worry lines, I think they're called?) and this stuff just makes them disappear. Seriously. And it looks like you're not wearing anything at all because of the clear color (looks pinkish white in the jar, but goes on clear). It just creates the *perfect* canvas for my foundation (I use less foundation with this primer on) and a little goes a LOOOOOOONG way. For $12, you seriously can't go wrong....versus those $30 primers that just make your skin oily...
*****If your skin is sensitive to silicone or your skin breaks out with silicone, don't use this primer, because it's silicone-based, which is the ingredient that makes the product creamy and go on smoothly.

#5 Ghost08

Ghost08

Stay Beautiful!

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 1
About Me

Achievements

Posted 25 March 2012 - 03:30 PM

The Rimmel Fix & perfect primer works fine for me.

#6 princessdaphne

princessdaphne

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 March 2012 - 04:49 AM

I haven't tried this, but the Fusion Beauty Prime Results Primer for Acne-Prone Skin is supposed to be really good. It's expensive, but you can actually get it for $15 on allcosmeticswholesale.com. It won't be there forever, but it would be a great way to try it and see if you like it! :)

#7 nabz1

nabz1

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 April 2012 - 01:49 PM

I use the L'Oreal Studio Secrets Magic Perfecting Base, and it works great! Its primary use is to fill in pores and fine lines, actually, but it's amazing at what it's supposed to do. Girl, lemme tell you--I have icepick scars on my cheeks and forehead wrinkles (worry lines, I think they're called?) and this stuff just makes them disappear. Seriously. And it looks like you're not wearing anything at all because of the clear color (looks pinkish white in the jar, but goes on clear). It just creates the *perfect* canvas for my foundation (I use less foundation with this primer on) and a little goes a LOOOOOOONG way. For $12, you seriously can't go wrong....versus those $30 primers that just make your skin oily...
*****If your skin is sensitive to silicone or your skin breaks out with silicone, don't use this primer, because it's silicone-based, which is the ingredient that makes the product creamy and go on smoothly.

thanks, that was really informative and helpful :) will check it out

This is really great help girls, thank you :)
Just wanted to ask whether i can use my mineral powder foundation with the primers? :s... It won't come off whilst i'm buffing it in would it?

#8 tigerlily-x

tigerlily-x

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 April 2012 - 09:40 PM

oh i have the bare escentuals primer.. but it's still unopened. i plan to use it in a few hours and see if it's any good or not.
i heard that the primer from hourglass is good, too. rave reviews on sephora and makeupalley.

sounds amazing BUT i have promised myself that i wouldn't use any loreal products until they stop their animal testing. sigh..

Edited by tigerlily-x, 09 April 2012 - 09:42 PM.

#9 l'espoir

l'espoir

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 April 2012 - 06:55 AM

Ooh I've tried Hourglass Mineral Primer and it WAS amazing! It was just a sample so I can't speak to its long-term acne-friendliness. I usually default to Smashbox Photo Finish Light, although for mineral makeup you might try Meow Cosmetics Equilibrium Balancing Powder or their oily skin primer, I forget what it's called.

Right on for not supporting animal testing, tigerlily-x! I am with you all the way on that!

#10 rumplesilkskin

rumplesilkskin

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 4
About Me

Posted 16 April 2012 - 02:44 AM

ive tried l'oreal, gosh, smashbox and clarins beauty flash balm - i gave all four away and resigned myself to the fact i simlpy cannot use primers..

after using these i got tiny little lumpy things, like a rash on my face! i dont have sensitive skin and never get rashes or the like from products sooooo my reckoning is that the primers blocked my pores, preventing them from 'breathing' thus the rash...

x